ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #16
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
You guys are KILLING me......
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #17
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs dakar
yea...couple of heavily colored black and blues....front rim damage, aux light destruction, battle scars on the fairings, bent mirror, second set of blown fork seals, and one fully destoyed pannier box....which one of you put that farking rock in the way.....

not sure on the twister.....there are a couple of competing events.....oh and the wife too....a big competing event......but worth it.....


Erin's decided she'd like a lowered DRZ
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:10 PM   #18
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Thoughts?? Bandit wants to come out and play. Ron, I've still not seen that Duc of yours!
So - Who is actuslly doing a street ride on Saturday? I can't make the Friday ride and have the need.....the need for speed.

ANYONE????

Stosh
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #19
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
So - Who is actuslly doing a street ride on Saturday? I can't make the Friday ride and have the need.....the need for speed.

ANYONE????

Stosh

We'll I feel a bit obliged to check out the trails...BUT.....depending on how that goes and who is interested I'd do a street run.

Stosh - maybe if there's not thumper action we can do the 410 run, recon the area and then cross back around to the south closer to rainier??? Hmmmm.......damn....too much riding to do...not enough time
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #20
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
We'll I feel a bit obliged to check out the trails...BUT.....depending on how that goes and who is interested I'd do a street run.

Stosh - maybe if there's not thumper action we can do the 410 run, recon the area and then cross back around to the south closer to rainier??? Hmmmm.......damn....too much riding to do...not enough time
Gentry - I am all for the 410 run - a little recon an so on.

Lets do it

Enjoy
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #21
Guaglione
Country mice
 
Guaglione's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Petaluma
Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs dakar
reminds me of a luca falling out a couple of months back.....come to think of it....the pain was kinda like it too

I'm glad to have set such an excellent example. Looks like your bags are about as durable as those POS Gobis I had.

Did you injure yourself badly?
__________________
2011 KTM990ADVDakar Edition

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #22
gs dakar
live to ride
 
gs dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: snohomish, wa
Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaglione
I'm glad to have set such an excellent example. Looks like your bags are about as durable as those POS Gobis I had.

Did you injure yourself badly?
no long term injuries.....just metal, seals, plastic, glass, actually I was probably close to 30 mph rounding the rock when kaboom.....I don't think any bag would have held up under those conditions....the upside is that each bag goes for only $49 a piece...a wee bit less then anything else out there I think....disposable for sure....
gs dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:41 AM   #23
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs dakar
no long term injuries.....just metal, seals, plastic, glass, actually I was probably close to 30 mph rounding the rock when kaboom.....I don't think any bag would have held up under those conditions....the upside is that each bag goes for only $49 a piece...a wee bit less then anything else out there I think....disposable for sure....


Glad to hear your alright. Bags come and go!




Im going to hit the dirt this weekend and recon Naches so no street.

Cheers

Chad
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #24
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Glad to hear your alright. Bags come and go!




Im going to hit the dirt this weekend and recon Naches so no street.

Cheers

Chad
Chad,

Are you taking the DRZ on the trailer? I can meet you over there Saturday?
Let me know.

New trailwings, oil change, final drive oil, new bulb for the hanging blinker - I am ready to go.

Let me know

Enjoy
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:46 PM   #25
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
Chad,

Are you taking the DRZ on the trailer? I can meet you over there Saturday?
Let me know.

New trailwings, oil change, final drive oil, new bulb for the hanging blinker - I am ready to go.

Let me know

Enjoy

Yessir - I bleeve I am... more details to follow...
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:44 PM   #26
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Yessir - I bleeve I am... more details to follow...
Right on - I gots some new rubber to scrub
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:26 AM   #27
a16tony
Studly Adventurer
 
a16tony's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Everett, WA.
Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Crap dude. Im sorry to hear that. Ive been working on my chops on the DRZ so as to not hold you up on the next DS ride we go on....


I think Im actually going to leave Bandit home and maybe get up around 6am and head for Naches to do some recon of the area for the upcoming run.
Im not sure what state the trails are in so I'd like to check some of them... Might trailer down there so I can save my arse stamina for the rocks.

Tony???
You'd better have your azz road ready by 0600. Recon breakfast?
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #28
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by a16tony
You'd better have your azz road ready by 0600. Recon breakfast?
So - what is the plan?
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #29
a16tony
Studly Adventurer
 
a16tony's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Everett, WA.
Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
So - what is the plan?
We're haulin' the bikes to Naches for a pre-ride evaluation. We want to make sure the BMW's will survive.
__________________
Tony
Everett, WA.
03 DRZ400S
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:56 AM   #30
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by a16tony
We're haulin' the bikes to Naches for a pre-ride evaluation. We want to make sure the BMW's will survive.








Im gonna take a ton of pics. Stosh - should we meet ya at Jacks? Tony, Stosh - should we do the funny rocks trail first?
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014