Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
M38A1 OP
Type-A Introvert

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from BC View Post
Headlight Guard - OEM BMW (expensive too!)

Engine Guards - dunno but they are NOT BMW GSA guards

ZanZbar light bar - yes it is channeled aluminum. I don't know if it's by design or not but that is where wiring an connectors are usually hidden/zap strapped

Looks like a Frankenbike to me, purple anodized rims are from the GSA. The valve covers are for a a GS not GSA. Lots of other obvious things too.....

So I think we're in agreement the headlight rockguard is BMW Factory for their retro-kit (p/n 71607669391) and yes, kind of expensive at $199.

The engine guards are the BMW Factory R1150GS ones (with all the associated problems about how to remove the skid plates for an oil/filter change )

And it's a ZanZbar for the light bar (which they don't make anymore from what I understand)

Back up a few posts I described the bike. It's not a frankenbike, just some ADV parts here and there with a mix of aftermarket stuff on a plain-jane 2002 R1150GS....

M38A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
Ron from BC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,322
Ya the headlight grill is stupid expensive, I picked one up used for 60 and I do like it. The ZanZbar is very nice, very discreet. Even with the GSA engine guards you have the hassle of having to remove the skid plate and then minimally loosen the upper and lower connection (2 allen bolts) and cross brace on the left side to change the oil filter and oil. I actually prefer the silver colored valve covers to the GSA bluish ones but they are what they are.

Nice looking bike...