Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #31
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,320
Look out Drone, I maybe one of those guys that can hand it out but not take it well, but I'm working in it !
How about a John Prine verse:
Last time I checked my bankroll, it was gettin' thin Sometimes it seems like the bottom Is the only place I've been Chased a rainbow down a one-way street, dead end And all my friends turned out to be insurance salesmen

Cynic, n: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.

Ambrose Bierce
Don't just love the internet !
Old 04-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #32
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,367
I did the CDT last year and had a blast. The most important piece of info I got from Cannonshot was heed the not passable when wet warning on his thread. I am riding with a group again this year. We are doing S to N start 8/4 in Grants, NM. Have fun, it sounds like you are setting a realistic pace. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #33
boxertwin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Drone,

When Bigfoot is over, me and Thing One and Thing Two will have 4 days to make it to Spokane. So count us out for the big trip but perhaps we can accompany the group to the official starting point for a proper send off.

Be sure to overnight in Boise on your way back home: hot shower, home cooked meal, good booze, your own bed, and an oil change.
boxertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #34
KHJPHOTO
Old Man and the Road

Oddometer: 635
I've got an offer for KHJPHOTO. I visited his website--a professional photographer! So, KHJ, I'll buy all your gas on the trip if you'll sign on as the official pic/vid documentarian. How's that sound?

I bet we can work something out! I'll send you an PM and we can talk.
Only a couple of "bumps" in my road and if I can get over them; I'd love to do that run! Sure would be a hoot!
IBA #27356
BMW Mileage Award 300,000 and adding to it

www.khjphotography.com
KHJPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #35
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxertwin View Post
Drone,

When Bigfoot is over, me and Thing One and Thing Two will have 4 days to make it to Spokane. So count us out for the big trip but perhaps we can accompany the group to the official starting point for a proper send off.

Be sure to overnight in Boise on your way back home: hot shower, home cooked meal, good booze, your own bed, and an oil change.
With a 4-day window, wouldn't be too hard for you and the boys to go from the Bigfoot up to Banff on Day 1, then take another two days to wander down Rt. 95 to Spokane.

I'd love to plan a Boise stopover on the way home, but at the end of the CDT I'm going to Santa Fe then on to Woodland Park CO to see my sister, then if time and bike and body are still willing, I'm taking the TAT back to Oregon. The closest the TAT gets to Boise is Fort McDermitt. Of course, that's really only a 3 hours ride so me and The Kirbs might show up on your doorstep!
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #36
Bucho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,726
Interesting thread. I just got my first hack up and running this season. Its homemade so still working out the bumps as they come up. I'll be following this thread for some ideas as I'd like to do a similar trip in the future w/ either the kid, the wife, (or the dog if nobody else wants to come along).
Bucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
boxertwin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
I may actually try to leave the truck and trailer in either Sandpoint or Bonners Ferry, so we'd just have to make it back to Northern Idaho before we reload and collect Missus BT from Spokane.

Kirby's always welcome. But it looks like a great excuse to ride out for a night and hand deliver him a dog snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
With a 4-day window, wouldn't be too hard for you and the boys to go from the Bigfoot up to Banff on Day 1, then take another two days to wander down Rt. 95 to Spokane.

I'd love to plan a Boise stopover on the way home, but at the end of the CDT I'm going to Santa Fe then on to Woodland Park CO to see my sister, then if time and bike and body are still willing, I'm taking the TAT back to Oregon. The closest the TAT gets to Boise is Fort McDermitt. Of course, that's really only a 3 hours ride so me and The Kirbs might show up on your doorstep!
boxertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #38
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
I'll be doing part of the CDT, from the Canada/Montana border to Yellowstone, NP around mid August. Anyone going to riding it North to South then?
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #39
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mikey View Post
I'll be doing part of the CDT, from the Canada/Montana border to Yellowstone, NP around mid August. Anyone going to riding it North to South then?
So basically just the Montana section? I'd expect in mid-August for that section of the trail to be fairly heavily run by everything from bicyclists to expedition trucks. Might be a good time to install a dune buggy whip!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #40
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
So basically just the Montana section? I'd expect in mid-August for that section of the trail to be fairly heavily run by everything from bicyclists to expedition trucks. Might be a good time to install a dune buggy whip!
Yep, just Montana and maybe a bit of Wyoming. I'm going to be riding from Alaska to New York this summer and figure at least hitting part of the CDT is better than nothing.

Is the CDT really that busy in August?

Also, I currently have trail tires (Shink 705's) on my F800GS. I'm thinking about putting a TKC80 on the front just for the CDT. Is it worth it or needed?
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #41
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mikey View Post
Also, I currently have trail tires (Shink 705's) on my F800GS. I'm thinking about putting a TKC80 on the front just for the CDT. Is it worth it or needed?
This ain't a tire thread.

Try HERE.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #42
KHJPHOTO
Old Man and the Road

[QUOTE=DRONE;21088296]One month bump to get this back to Page 1. Trip's still on. Got one "almost definitely" and several "I'd like to go's". Looking for more guys. Solo riders or hacks. Sign up here .

I've got an offer for KHJPHOTO. I visited his website--a professional photographer! So, KHJ, I'll buy all your gas on the trip if you'll sign on as the official pic/vid documentarian. How's that sound?

Hey, will somebody flip DRONE a quarter so he can answer my PM?
IBA #27356

www.khjphotography.com
Old 04-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #43
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,320
The Drone seems to be given to moodiness !Or perhaps he's so pleased with the final drive swap he's out driving.DB
Old 04-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #44
KHJPHOTO
Old Man and the Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebig View Post
The Drone seems to be given to moodiness !Or perhaps he's so pleased with the final drive swap he's out driving.DB

Well if he has a hard time responding to PM's;
How the hell will he navigate the CDT?!

LOL. Better to do it alone. Ain't gonna wait around
IBA #27356

www.khjphotography.com
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #45
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHJPHOTO View Post
Well if he has a hard time responding to PM's;
How the hell will he navigate the CDT?!

LOL. Better to do it alone. Ain't gonna wait around
KHJ--Check your inbox. Replied on 4/13 at 8:48pm.

Also, my message stats are currently showing 1719 messages received and 1720 sent, so I'm pretty good at staying on top of those. I've got my preferences set to give me a pop-up whenever a message comes in, plus I get an e-mail notification from ADV when a new message arrives.

Need me to re-send?