User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
ElTaco OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Howdy, y'all

I'm back after a long recess. First came here for the excellent (and free) Airhead forum, but the BMW isn't going to be taking anyone anywhere anytime soon. Due to no fault of it's own of course, I'm just poor. However, I fell into one hell of a deal on a 78 GL1000 and hit a few milestones from there. First motorcycle insurance policy, first tag, first title in my name. Because it was literally too good to be true, I wasn't about to let it get away.

So now I'm touring. I've been down to Balmorhea, Ft. Davis, and Alpine. It's camped overnight at Twin Buttes in San Angelo. Next trip is most likely going to be Big Bend, but future excursions will be north and west with higher mileages and elevations.

Came here to get ready for the coming season. Off to a chilly start, but I should be ready to cover some ground by the time it really warms up. I'm presently torn between touring windshield or Windjammer. I'm really digging the naked look, but my clip on windshield is really more of a wind-suggestion that doesn't make a whole lot of difference. On the plus side, it doesn't bother my fuel economy either.

The Windjammer was hot during the day, warm for a few miles between daylight and dark. It provided better bug (and rain) deflection, a quieter ride, and locking storage, but made the bike ride like it had a small passenger up front. Was nice to have a place to charge phones.

Only allowed one picture, so here it is.
Attached Images

ElTaco is offline   Reply With Quote