User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Off the grid OP
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,431
Are any Bluetooth devices worth a shit?

I've tried like 4...Jawbone, Jawbone II, etc. All the same, either poor vocal quality or poor listening quality. And some are barbarically uncomfortable.

Sure, they make you look like a dork, but I drive a lot and am on the phone all the time, so I'd rather avoid the ticket.

Thoughts?

I've can spend about a Benjamin.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 23,869
Only if they're Brazilian, Brazilian everything is better.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,617
I used to have one of the most inexpensive Motorola ones and it worked great back in the days of flip phones. Our current cars (Kia & Hyundai) have built in Bluetooth through the sound system and it works quite well. If I'm not in the car, and I need hands free, i usually just use the earbuds/mic that came with the iPhone or if no one else is around then I might just tap the speaker phone icon and set the phone down in front of me.
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Off the grid OP
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
I used to have one of the most inexpensive Motorola ones and it worked great back in the days of flip phones. Our current cars (Kia & Hyundai) have built in Bluetooth through the sound system and it works quite well. If I'm not in the car, and I need hands free, i usually just use the earbuds/mic that came with the iPhone or if no one else is around then I might just tap the speaker phone icon and set the phone down in front of me.
BTDT. It gets cumbersome, especially if you are in and out of the car a lot. The speaker works to hear, but not so great to talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen View Post
Only if they're Brazilian, Brazilian everything is better.

Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Roland44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
I used to have one of the most inexpensive Motorola ones and it worked great back in the days of flip phones. Our current cars (Kia & Hyundai) have built in Bluetooth through the sound system and it works quite well. If I'm not in the car, and I need hands free, i usually just use the earbuds/mic that came with the iPhone or if no one else is around then I might just tap the speaker phone icon and set the phone down in front of me
Yeah, I have one of those built in bluetooth devices in my car and it works great. The only place that I would need a bluetooth device is my car though. I can't think of anything else..
Roland44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
Stinky
Team Hematoma

Oddometer: 438
I tried a bunch of in-ear headsets a couple of years ago and they all sounded horrible (my hearing isn't the best). I ended up with a BlueAnt (S3 I think) visor mount that I have been insanely happy with. Excellent sound and it makes a great portable speaker for meetings.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
I've tried like 4...Jawbone, Jawbone II, etc. All the same, either poor vocal quality or poor listening quality. And some are barbarically uncomfortable.

Sure, they make you look like a dork, but I drive a lot and am on the phone all the time, so I'd rather avoid the ticket.

Thoughts?

I've can spend about a Benjamin.
from personal experience, I have to say I'm kind of surprised at how nice the Motorola Sliver has been. Very nice sound. Surprising how people can hear with a fair amount of ambient noise around me. Nice...but I would be curious about car kits if I were you.
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 9,542
Here.

Bought them to listen to books and music without the dangly cord to the phone. Good sound for music and learned by happenstance they work great for phone calls.

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
freax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
I think the whole idea of bluetooth is a bunch of bullshit.

Give me an old FM headset anyday over bluetooth.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 35,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland44 View Post
Yeah, I have one of those built in bluetooth devices in my car and it works great. The only place that I would need a bluetooth device is my car though. I can't think of anything else..
Same here, also something for people with older car with tape deck adapters....or newer ones with 3.5mm jacks. If you run an Android phone into it the microphone will automatically work like a speaker phone. On my long drives with the Accord I just kept the phone on my lap....and made me actually happy to have a tape deck VS my old car's CD player.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,095
I have a free standing Motorola that clips on my windshield visor, rechargeable battery operated, works fine. It's a few years old and still works well. I hear people clearly, they hear me.

Some portable Bluetooth devices suck in that if your car is close to your house, the unit in the car picks up the signal and takes it from your phone. The one I have stops when you leave the car.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
local1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
back when i drove over the road i used a motorola blue parrot..$100.00, works great.everything else i tried was junk.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,473
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel.../dp/B005GTNZUM

I hate shit that goes in my ears. I've got two pairs of these, one at work one at home. comes with a dongle for computer listening, and will pair with a phone. Doesn't work like one of those bluetooth in hear stupidsets though, can't answer phone calls with it. Does fine with things like skype though.

I get about 7 hours of battery life from a full charge with mine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: