User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Benesesso OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,898
Easy Way To D/L Youtube Stuff?

That's what I need, a real simpleton way to d/l youtube goodies. I looked at a few online and tried them, but no luck. The one for Firefox says it needs Java, which FF automatically turns off because of some kind of security issue.

Benesesso screwed with this post 04-12-2013 at 12:52 PM
Benesesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 10,006
Try here...

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
Benesesso OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson.biguns View Post
What are you saying--that such Youtubes are illegal?
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Roland44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesesso View Post
That's what I need, a real simpleton way to d/l youtube goodies. I looked at a few online and tried them, but no luck. The one for Firefox says it needs Java, which FF automatically turns off because of some kind of security issue.

Here's two that I'd like to grab. The first one tells me my browser (latest FF) can't handle it, but after a few times it starts working. HELP!
Google for "youtube video downloader" click the first resault. Works like harm for me...
Roland44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Benesesso OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland44 View Post
Google for "youtube video downloader" click the first resault. Works like harm for me...
Tried that one earlier. Needs Java to work.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
Fleksta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Internet Download Manager

It's not free, but it works great. When a video starts, a small box appears above it and allows you to simply download it without fuss.

If you're downloading .flv (flash) files, you'll also need VLC (which is free) or another similar media player to view them.

Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Quote:
What are you saying--that such Youtubes are illegal?
Quote:
1. Your Acceptance
By using or visiting the YouTube website or any YouTube products, software, data feeds, and services provided to you on, from, or through the YouTube website (collectively the "Service") you signify your agreement to (1) these terms and conditions
Quote:
You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #8
freax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
I use firefox, with this for youtube: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ownloadhelper/

Works like a charm.

It adds a little button to the area up above that looks like 3 balls, they spin and animate when a video can be downloaded, you click on that then go down and save the file, find a directory and done. It then starts downloading.

And before people go on about IP and copyright, youtube is used for more than just copyrighted material o_0... Like that video your friend sent you of their new born baby, or that fun time on the lake.

These are tools, just like guns are, not tools for ripping off copyrighted material. Just like guns are not for killing anyone you want.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #9
Tmaximusv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 631
I use a lot of YT vids for educational purposes and can't rely on bandwidth throughout the day. That said, I use Keepvid.com to DL various videos. You get a variety of format options and it is reliable. I haven't had a lot of lick with FF download helper so far.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #10
Beak
Oglyarchy Hunter

Oddometer: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaximusv View Post
I use a lot of YT vids for educational purposes and can't rely on bandwidth throughout the day. That said, I use Keepvid.com to DL various videos. You get a variety of format options and it is reliable.
I was recently at a seminar and one of the presenters highly recommended Keepvid.com. He demonstrated it and it looked really slick, but I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #11
Icecream
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
I've used Keepvid.com with a lot of success. Not sure if it uses java.
Icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #12
Benesesso OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post
I use firefox, with this for youtube: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ownloadhelper/

Works like a charm.

It adds a little button to the area up above that looks like 3 balls, they spin and animate when a video can be downloaded, you click on that then go down and save the file, find a directory and done. It then starts downloading.

And before people go on about IP and copyright, youtube is used for more than just copyrighted material o_0... Like that video your friend sent you of their new born baby, or that fun time on the lake.

These are tools, just like guns are, not tools for ripping off copyrighted material. Just like guns are not for killing anyone you want.
Wow, that worked fine. Thanks! I think it saved as an MP4 file--plays in Windows Media Player.

Now, how can I burn them to a DVD so I can play it on my music system?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post

Works like a charm.

I get it, the TOS don't apply to you.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #14
Benesesso OP
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone know of a FREE converter that will convert a wpl (Windoze Playlist) file to MP4 or something that I can burn to a DVD and play thru a TV "Set-top" player?

The few converters I already have just do not recognize wpl.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
WIBO
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,574
Quote:
In Mac with Safari....if you click on a video and it starts to play...hover your mouse icon on the top right hand side of the video screen... a small information ' i ' will appear(if it's not already showing)....click on it and it'll give you an option of clicking on what quality of video there is,e.g. 1080...right click on the quality setting you want and 'Download linked file as' and give it a title and click where you want it to be placed...it'll download it there and then..really simple....no need for any other downloader program as it were.

Not sure if it's the same for windoze...someone could try it and report back?

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: