User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
freud OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
r1200r tkc 80 tires or rear tourance

what's the life expectancy of a set of tkc80's? some say 5k miles which is very low in case of using them for everyday riding, and they don't seem to be great when wet.

I guess a set of tourances would be better but for that wheel size that's not possible.

I found a 150 rear tourance that may suit but only 19" fronts.

To get them mounted when planning doing light of road seems ok apart from the bother of swapping the tires (or even wheels) over and over.

Maybe a new 19" front but the geometry would change severely, a full inch taller up front at least it seems. i wonder if this' been done.

Another setup that comes to my mind is a rear tourance and A front tkc 80 (that burns faster anyway). It could even the thread wear.

I like better the r1200r before someone says that for that purpose there's the GS i want to give it a chance before considering the gs.

Having more dual purpose tires would be great unfortunately there arent many of us looking for that, so manufacturers don't attend those needs. Still i'd like to know if somoeone had already solved this: r1200r with tires that stand a little more grip off the tarmac.
freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
freud OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
pirelli scorpion

Further research solved it, I kept on looking catalogues and found the pirelli scorpions, which fit.

Thanks anyway
freud is offline   Reply With Quote