ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
EOKYLE OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Any Grande Ronde Valley / Wallowa Valley Riders here?

Are there any riders here in our corner of NE Oregon? Looking for someone to go on some rides/trips with....

94 VS1400 - Straight Pipes, Drag Bars, Kenda Rubber
09 KVF750- Amsoil, Bone Stock
EOKYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Oddometer: 1,984
nobody in eastern oregon rides

SFS
southforkspeedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
EOKYLE OP
Adventurer

It seems like it over here on this side of the mountain... I see a couple guys riding some bikes commuting but by the looks of the bikes thats all they do with them. Where do you live?

Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by southforkspeedster View Post
nobody in eastern oregon rides
Did they all move to Idaho! Hiya SFS
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
650x
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
Grande Ronde Velley???

Here are a few pictures of the Grande Ronde Valley from the Mt. Emily area:

Here is one looking towards where we both grew up.

Where I grew up

Foothill RD between La Grande and the mouth of Ladd Canyon.

Lots of good riding in the area, both pavement and off pavement.
650x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
EOKYLE OP
Adventurer

I think I have been up there once or twice (sarcasm) lol well its good to meet some ppl that know the area good :) Nice to me meet you both!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,764
Some of us from the L & C Valley and Palouse ride over there. We ride both eastern WA. and OR. The snow melts there usually before it melts in the mts. of Idaho.

Check out the Hell's Cayon Ride that Lady Bug puts on. Not only is it a great time, but you get to meet others that you can ride with.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
EOKYLE OP
Adventurer

Thanks SB. I am already on the IN list for that rally. I was going to go last year but Fathers day plans got in the way. It should be fun.... Can't Wait!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Oddometer: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
Did they all move to Idaho! Hiya SFS
yep. moved away, and left nothing but a few mc tracks
gonna shoot down your way sometime this spring on the vee, and see your new pad. i will let you know ahead of time miss ya

say hi to your mechanic for me...........

SFS
southforkspeedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #10
mrmagoolin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
My wife and I get up in that area at times. We will be up in Joseph for the Hells canyon ride and then for at least 3 weekends in July. We are hoping to ride some on those weekends, we will be working a little also. We are from Pendleton.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,283
I See You Are New..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOKYLE View Post
Are there any riders here in our corner of NE Oregon? Looking for someone to go on some rides/trips with....
Put me on your list...of NE folks...I went to Hells Canyon Rally the first two years it was held, it was then in Hells Canyon [at Stromer's lodge on the river]...too large for my tastes now and it literally is now staged in my backyard....Wallowa county is the NE corner of Oregon and is a mecca for off road riding in beautiful country and with zero traffic...no signal lights in the entire county...life is good!
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
EOKYLE OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmagoolin View Post
My wife and I get up in that area at times. We will be up in Joseph for the Hells canyon ride and then for at least 3 weekends in July. We are hoping to ride some on those weekends, we will be working a little also. We are from Pendleton.
Nice to meet you mrmagoolin! I'll add you to my list of ppl to get ahold of for a ride. I'll see you in Enterprise if not sooner....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Put me on your list...of NE folks...I went to Hells Canyon Rally the first two years it was held, it was then in Hells Canyon [at Stromer's lodge on the river]...too large for my tastes now and it literally is now staged in my backyard....Wallowa county is the NE corner of Oregon and is a mecca for off road riding in beautiful country and with zero traffic...no signal lights in the entire county...life is good!

You're on the list good sir! This will be my first get ADV get together and while I've never been too keen on riding with lots of ppl (no offense ppl going to the rally) It will be great to get out and meet some new ppl to ride with. Hopefully we can meet up sometime during the year and get a good ride in!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #13
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

You Got It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOKYLE View Post
Nice to meet you mrmagoolin! I'll add you to my list of ppl to get ahold of for a ride. I'll see you in Enterprise if not sooner....

You're on the list good sir! This will be my first get ADV get together and while I've never been too keen on riding with lots of ppl (no offense ppl going to the rally) It will be great to get out and meet some new ppl to ride with. Hopefully we can meet up sometime during the year and get a good ride in!
Yup...about 100% of my riding is solo...just not a crowd guy and like to call my own shots...you know..route, speed, stops, RONs..plus I hate eating dust..

This summer I do plan to tag along with Montana bound riders, I have ridden a lot of where they are going but can learn much from them also.

Keep in touch after July 1 and we can go poke around out here or over there...

Phil
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #14
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Yup...about 100% of my riding is solo...just not a crowd guy and like to call my own shots...you know..route, speed, stops, RONs..plus I hate eating dust..

This summer I do plan to tag along with Montana bound riders, I have ridden a lot of where they are going but can learn much from them also.

Keep in touch after July 1 and we can go poke around out here or over there...

Phil
Phil if you get unthawed enough we will be around on the Grande Ronde on Saturday after the meeting at Macs .
Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Roy..et al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
Phil if you get unthawed enough we will be around on the Grande Ronde on Saturday after the meeting at Macs .
OK, I returned from my second cataract surgery in Lewiston yesterday, so riding is out for about a week at least..and there was snow and ice still on Hwy 3...about 2 feet roadside...

If you folks drop into the canyon, watch out for rocks! Have never seen so many as yesterday...of course weather here changes minute to minute but also had fog on RS grade above the river.

Say hi to the folks and have a good time!