Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #31
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
He was nearly riding in the gutter... and he didn't slow down, he stopped. Completely unecessarily in my opinion.

As I said, the cop should have figured out the motorcyclist was riding erattically and paid more attention. They were both at fault.

Put two inept or distracted drivers close enough together and stuff happens! Nobody should be surprised by that. It was the cop's attitude that was wrong.

I don't buy that

it was stop n go traffic and they were going slow to begin with, motorcyclist was showing courtesy to traffic, bike did NOT stop suddenly with a stoppie or anything like that

cop was either following too close or not paying attention, with bike riding close to shoulder, cop had plenty of room to avoid

100% cops fault

bikes only fault is he was intimidated by an asshole cop afterward. as I posted altrady, if it were me, my response to the cop woulda been "do what ya gotta do, write me those tickets" while at the same time I woulda called state cops.

been there, done that, and cop lost his job is my experience
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #32
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer: 1,515
I want to know who is going to send this to the top brass at the LV police force?
New Rider Training in the San Francisco Bay Area at Motorcycle University". Learn to Ride...Better!
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #33
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadracer_Al View Post
I want to know who is going to send this to the top brass at the LV police force?
my bet is they've already seen it, its viral on almost every motorcycle forum in the world
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #34
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
Who else wants to bet the cop was dicking around with the police computer? Almost every cop I see driving around is staring at those stupid computers and not the road/traffic...

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #35
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,795
Just think? If lane sharing was legal there we may not have the opportunity to bitch about officer douche being a douche?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #36
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 7,280
I think that the Ossifer took the concept of "lane sharing" past the max...

--Bill
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #37
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoso View Post
the cop caused an accident, albeit a small one.

He then used his power to intimidate a citizen into not reporting the incident and going on his way when he was in the wrong.

While no one was hurt, it saddens me that more people are not upset at the abuse of power. The government is here to serve the productive tax payers.

Police are the janitors of human waste, they should not play god and should not intimidate, injure, or threaten the innocent.
well said.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #38
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,816
I don't know what I would have done when the accident occurred. I probably would have done exactly what the rider did: keep my mouth shut and avoid confrontation. Because who knows what might have happened if the rider had smarted off... he could have found himself tazed, handcuffed, and on his way to jail on some bullshit charges.

But now that I've watched the video a couple times, the right thing to do would have been to ask for the ticket. Say, "Yes, officer, I want you to write me a ticket for the traffic infraction." Then go to court. Ask the judge to review the dash cam footage from the officer's vehicle. Ask the judge to look at your video. There is no question that cop is100% at fault, and he abused his authority.

I would have gotten righteously pissed off. Called the police chief. Called the mayor. Called the governor. Written letters to the local newspaper editor. Cops like that don't deserve their jobs. They need to be on the unemployment line.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #39
mb289
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Mr. Gone, you are exactly right. Also, I would have demanded an accident report. The officer was clearly at fault and out of line.
mb289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #40
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb289 View Post
Mr. Gone, you are exactly right. Also, I would have demanded an accident report. The officer was clearly at fault and out of line.
http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/196252011.html?lc=Smart

Looks like the officer is on "administrative leave." Let's hope he loses his job.

Mr_Gone screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 01:49 PM Reason: Edit: I typed wrong....
Mr_Gone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #41
hamiamham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
that wud be PAID administrative leave better known as vacation.. 100% should no longer be on the force.
hamiamham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #42
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiamham View Post
that wud be PAID administrative leave better known as vacation.. 100% should no longer be on the force.
I was wrong. He IS on administrative leave.

And I'm sure you're right... it probably is paid.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #43
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 7,280
Admin leave is a formality while they are reviewing the situation. They've gotten this fool off the streets.

Las Vegas woman arrested for having sex with dog
http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/192108291.html

Dang.

--Bill
Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #44
PT Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
I disagree with Mr. Gone. Yes, things should work out the way you describe, but look again at this thread. Many riders think the OP was riding in the wrong. I think he was giving prudent clearance to the white Honda signaling for a lane change to the right, but will the judge believe the crooked cop no matter how badly he perjures himself? Too often that is what happens.

Look back at the thread by eat pasta where he was rear ended by a city street-legal lawn mower, pushed into the back of a police car, his bike wrecked, the city denied his claim, and the small claims court judge didn't award him enough money to fix his bike. Just getting away without loss is a victory these days.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #45
MisterShandy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
I can't believe there is a single rider that is on this pig's side. If you are driving in traffic and rear-end someone, it is your fault; doesn't matter how shitty the person in front was driving. Then this scumbag cop gets all pissy with the rider and threatens him with a "shitload" of tickets? Wow. And there's still people, even other inmates, defending this bastard.
MisterShandy is offline   Reply With Quote