Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #91
Griffin44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
My bad, didnt make my answer obvious enough I guess.
The first word in my last post is my answer, yes, IMO it is lame for anyone to do. Deal with it as it happens, report it through proper procedure or let it go.
Except that police complaints processes demonstrate time and again that complaining about police behaviour to police is less than useless.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #92
ThanatosF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
The rider shouldn't have slammed the brakes like that. Every car in the frame is still rolling at the point he completely stops. Maybe he was looking in his mirror concerned about the cop that just merged in behind him and got caught off guard, who knows. There's a good distance between the white merging car and the rider right before he brakes. Just seems like an overreaction to me.

Watch the traffic flow as soon as he's rear-ended (1:16). Everyone is still moving! Traffic is a good 50 feet in front and still moving forward. Point being: I see no reason to slam on the brakes AND come to a complete stop so abruptly. Legally, yes I understand the cop is at fault here and he should not be following so close, but c'mon.

I just think if the rider was a car and the cop was a rider, there'd be a little more "why the fuck did that stupid cager come to an abrupt, complete stop in flowing traffic? You dumbass, this is no parking lot!" kind of mentality...(even though again, legally, rider would be at fault.)

ThanatosF screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 09:03 PM
ThanatosF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #93
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I still want to know how how posting some dickhead cop (a captain no less) abusing his authority on YouTube constitutes "mob justice."

Were there torches and pitchforks involved? If so, please provide a link.
One would have thought that a fucking CAPTAIN would have known better. What a fucking PRICK!!!! Pompous Cocksucker!!
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
ttpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #94
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I still want to know how how posting some dickhead cop (a captain no less) abusing his authority on YouTube constitutes "mob justice."

Were there torches and pitchforks involved? If so, please provide a link.
I was just being figurative, at this point, the cop like the rider has suffered no actual harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerstu View Post
it a perfect world,yes. in the real world it would have been covered up and the tape lost. odds are the rider would have been framed. happens all the time. the scope of corruption with public officials and politicians is beyond belief.
Thats kinda my point too.
Dealing with civil servants is a lot like dealing with a child.
If you calmly discuss an issue with a civil servant/childs supervisor/parent there is a reasonable chance some meaningful action may be taken. On the other hand if you attack a misbehaving civil servant/child the supervisor/parent will most likely defend their own regardless of how wrong they are.

When I was young, police wore a police uniform, carried a revolver, and kept the peace.
Because of some high profile incidents police have engaged in an arms race with the criminal element, we now have police who dress in black combat fatigues, carry military grade weapons, and act like a paramilitary force even though crime and violence has been in steady decline.
Its my concern that using social media rather than due process will exacerbate the us against them mentality and we will all suffer for it.

Be careful what you wish for, aggressively and publicly pursuing every imperfection could become a very ugly 2 way street.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #95
TonyfromOR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Cop was clearly wrong both for following too close and for his post-accident behavior. Period. As for the accident, the motorcycle rider did nothing wrong. The car on the left put his signal on to merge right. He started his lane change, the MC slowed and moved to the right as a precaution. The car hesitated and stayed in his lane. MC took this as a cue to pass the car, which he started to do, but then the traffic ahead stopped, so MC hit the brakes, car on left took that opportunity to complete the lane change, MC gets smacked by ignorant cop.
TonyfromOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #96
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanatosF View Post
Traffic is a good 50 feet in front and still moving forward.
as it should have been, safe following distance at 10mph IS 50 feet ( 3 seconds @ 14.6 ft/second

you sound like a tailgater to me, and one who is discourteous to other traffic. The motorcyclist was following safe driving etiquette that has been taught in drivers education for at least the last 45 years since I took drivers ed.
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #97
ThanatosF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyo View Post
as it should have been, safe following distance at 10mph IS 50 feet ( 3 seconds @ 14.6 ft/second

you sound like a tailgater to me, and one who is discourteous to other traffic. The motorcyclist was following safe driving etiquette that has been taught in drivers education for at least the last 45 years since I took drivers ed.
I'm not a tailgater and get just as frustrated when it happens to me as the next guy. But whatever.

I guess I'm guilty of not allowing 50 feet when in stop and go, bumper to bumper traffic when I'm riding, mostly because on my bike (drzsm) its easy to stop very quickly when I'm only going 10mph. And I'm confident in my ability to do so.

Anyway, I'll repeat that the whole thing probably wouldn't have happened if the rider hadn't made the unnecessary complete stop.
ThanatosF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #98
dino1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfnd2IxJafM

This happened in austin and the guy was hurt pretty bad, broken legs ect.

Turned out the cop ran a stop sign.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #99
Steigs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
UPDATE

From M2W:

This case has been resolved.... here is a copy/paste from JPs Facebook update this morning...

"Officer Eugen Holm retired yesterday in lieu of being fired. This was confirmed by an internal affairs investigator this morning.

Officer Holm was facing Internal Affairs charges for: (1) Not reporting an accident (Metro Policy Manual 5/103.29), (2) Wrongful interaction with the public (for being discourteous and rude, Metro Policy Manual 4/102.12), and (3) Conduct Unbecoming an Officer (intimidation, Civil Service Rule 510-2). All charges were "SUSTAINED".

Thank you to everyone that shared this video and helped to bring focus to this injustice. A special thank you to my attorney Stephen Stubbs for being my voice in this importance matter. THANK YOU.
"
Steigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #100
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
UPDATE

From M2W:

This case has been resolved.... here is a copy/paste from JPs Facebook update this morning...

"Officer Eugen Holm retired yesterday in lieu of being fired. This was confirmed by an internal affairs investigator this morning.

Officer Holm was facing Internal Affairs charges for: (1) Not reporting an accident (Metro Policy Manual 5/103.29), (2) Wrongful interaction with the public (for being discourteous and rude, Metro Policy Manual 4/102.12), and (3) Conduct Unbecoming an Officer (intimidation, Civil Service Rule 510-2). All charges were "SUSTAINED".

Thank you to everyone that shared this video and helped to bring focus to this injustice. A special thank you to my attorney Stephen Stubbs for being my voice in this importance matter. THANK YOU."

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #101
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,243
Nice!
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #102
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
Awesome nice to know the system does work sometimes...I'd have asked for a public apology as well.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #103
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,824
Quote:
UPDATE

From M2W:

Thank you to everyone that shared this video and helped to bring focus to this injustice. A special thank you to my attorney Stephen Stubbs for being my voice in this importance matter. THANK YOU.
"
Justice served.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #104
markk9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
UPDATE

From M2W:

"
Officer should not have been able to retire, should have been fired.
markk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #105
feldjäger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
I don't think this guy should be able to think he can just retire and this will go away. Metro should keep him from retiring until the investigation is over. then after, if he isn't relieved, he should retire, and be gone already, hell maybe take a MRS Course and buy a bike!
feldjäger is offline   Reply With Quote