Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
I wasn't trying to place blame with anyone - just a curiosity thing. Matter of fact, most people I know are dumbfounded that I lasted 21 years in the military with my disregard for authority. No trespassing signs actually read "welcome don" and all. If there's a keep out sign, it's because there's something really cool to see beyond it and all.

I didn't realize that he had relinquished control of the ride at that point.

Those are the best rides, aren't they? The "interesting" ones.

Btw, mefadv, good on ya for claiming responsibility. Good, bad or indifferent, make a decision.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #17
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
So what was the guy at the gate saying?
It seems he was bored to death living down by the river and need someone to talk to beside his wife.
Quote:
great video! eddy, as the ride leader, why didn't you run interferance with the land owner confrontation? it seemed to last for some time, and you never approached??
I told him it was the first time for us here. (u can hear me in the vid i was next to Aaron). He yelled back not anymore. And why do i need a confrontation with him anyway? He was telling story after another to Dezrat57. Plain and simple he was bored and needed some action in his live.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
seabee1
we build, we fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
It seems he was bored to death living down by the river and need someone to talk to beside his wife.
I told him it was the first time for us here. (u can hear me in the vid i was next to Aaron). He yelled back not anymore. And why do i need a confrontation with him anyway? He was telling story after another to Dezrat57. Plain and simple he was bored and needed some action in his live.
Yes, I heard your comment in the video "get a picture in case something happens".

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #19
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
So what was the guy at the gate saying?
2/3's of the way through the video, despite the ranchers objection, the conversation was recorded. If you turn the volume way up, you can hear most of the conversation.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #20
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Oddometer: 24,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtKlod View Post
2/3's of the way through the video, despite the ranchers objection, the conversation was recorded. If you turn the volume way up, you can hear most of the conversation.
ok. I didn't have access to the video clip when I posted. The guys seemed like a dick. Dezrat did a great job of squashing it but seriously. WTF is out there? Did you guys see any properties or anything? I'm looking around in googlemaps and don't see anything. So what's the big deal? I understand that it's their property and they can do whatever they want but it's not like you guys were vandalizing. I don't get it.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,047
To funny

That was a funny video, where is this road??? Sounds like we need to take a ride there and tell him that our buddies from last weekend sent us...
Reidy008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #22
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
So what's the big deal? I understand that it's their property and they can do whatever they want but it's not like you guys were vandalizing. I don't get it.
Not to play devils advocate, but I sympathize with this guy 100%. Somewhere in that conversation I remember him saying something about them getting tired of people messing with stuff and so decided to close the road to keep everybody out.
My parents had a similar situation. I grew up on a ranch out in the middle of nowhere on an open forest service road. It crossed our property several times and came within 1/8 mile of the house. Vandals would shoot holes in the water tank that had to be patched and thieves robbed the place 3 different times. We even had a truck load of drunk hunters driving around in circles through the orchard shooting at the deer one night. We chased them off at gunpoint and filed a police report the next morning. Enough was enough and the forest service ok'd us to lock the road at both ends of the property. Since then, no more acts of vandalism and nothing has been stolen since. It's the actions of the few that ruin it for the many. Understand the history and you would probably react the same.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #23
seabee1
we build, we fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
That was a funny video, where is this road??? Sounds like we need to take a ride there and tell him that our buddies from last weekend sent us...
I'm in! ; )

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #24
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Not to play devils advocate, but I sympathize with this guy 100%. Somewhere in that conversation I remember him saying something about them getting tired of people messing with stuff and so decided to close the road to keep everybody out.
My parents had a similar situation. I grew up on a ranch out in the middle of nowhere on an open forest service road. It crossed our property several times and came within 1/8 mile of the house. Vandals would shoot holes in the water tank that had to be patched and thieves robbed the place 3 different times. We even had a truck load of drunk hunters driving around in circles through the orchard shooting at the deer one night. We chased them off at gunpoint and filed a police report the next morning. Enough was enough and the forest service ok'd us to lock the road at both ends of the property. Since then, no more acts of vandalism and nothing has been stolen since. It's the actions of the few that ruin it for the many. Understand the history and you would probably react the same.
I get that. I didn't see anything anywhere around on googlemaps but I've never ridden through there so I have no idea. Apparently it does since the guy seemed pretty upset.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #25
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

I'll also add that everyone that I've ridden with has been pretty well behaved about not entering private property. I in no way condone trespassing, riding through someone's property or being an ass towards the people that we share trails with. Which is why I was as surprised as anyone to see you guys dealing with a situation like this. I don't think anyone was at fault given the circumstances. We all now know that part of the trial is off limits. No harm no foul.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #26
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
That ought to really make the situation better NOT!
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #27
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,741
Quote:
Respecting the rights of others. Well said Tom, while I don't know your Parents they did a fine job of raising a Son.
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote