Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #46
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
So I got my ruckus clone gauges in. I realized that I have no electrical experience, but I got the speedo working and the light for it working as well. Speedometer is pretty spot on as well, I GPSed it and not much variance. It was defiantly hitting its limit though. Which I like. Do I need to keep that huge brain thing? I wanna do a minimalist looking scoot but that thing is overwhelming with all the wires popping out of it. Luckily the ruckus gauge has an organized little set up. We shall see. Any pointers would be awesome. Also I know I could jump the fuel gauge by crossing the wires near the tank, this wasn't working today when I tried doing it to the new gauge. Ideas?

brycekauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #47
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

Got some goodies today. Luckily my new belt came in today because yesterday mine bit the dust. You can see in the photo that some of the teeth were falling off and it was causing a crazy squeal yesterday. Now its sounding super good with no hesitations whatsoever.

I got this bad boy in as well. It makes the thing roar even louder when I'm driving but required no rejetting either. Had to force it on a little but now that its on it sounds super cool. This bike is turning into quite a project and it just keeps getting better! Thanks for the help.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #48
Wentwest
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
You should check your spark plug to be sure it's not running too lean. That air filter is going to let in a lot more air. That kind of filter and a muffler with a hole in it can create a very lean mixture that might run OK, in Hawaii, but it will burn the valves after a while.

It's hard to imagine why these scooters didn't sell by the millions.
Wentwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #49
Eliter85
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
How does the belt fit. I think the newest one I put in my 150 may be the wrong size I remember the number on it starting with 799 xx xx where as yours is 815 20 30. Yours sounds more familiar so I think I may have just screwed up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #50
Eliter85
Adventurer

Other then that question, I'm stoked how your scooter is coming along. Looks like a lot of fun.

I will note that you will be jealous of my panels when I get them painted over the next couple weeks. :-P

Old 05-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #51
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliter85 View Post
How does the belt fit. I think the newest one I put in my 150 may be the wrong size I remember the number on it starting with 799 xx xx where as yours is 815 20 30. Yours sounds more familiar so I think I may have just screwed up.

I ordered the belt from Scrappy dog website and it seems to fit perfect. I'm not getting this loud clicking sound that I was getting from the CVT at full throttle. Video is being uploaded now. You will be jealous of how rad my scoot sounds with the new bad ass air filter. No rejetting required and the fat rust hole in my exhaust lets people know I'm coming for sure. haha. Aloha.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #52
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

Just wanted to use my gopro and upload a couple vids of the scoot. Looks like there is a little oil leaking from the head. What does that mean? Exhaust sounds sick and so does the new air filter. Both videos show both sides of the scoot while riding. Let me know if you see anything out of place.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #53
Eliter85
Adventurer

Okay so you win for now. I'm digging that air filter and how it looks without the old huge airfilter box on there. Does the cover fit on over it? Kind of curious if I'll be able to tuck a similar air filter in there on mine but I may have to create a new cover.

Everything looks great. As for the leak have you been changed the oil to newer cleaner oil? I noticed mine is also leaking a bit now and I blame the fact that I've replaced the oil a few times so it's not sludge and it's finding it's way through cracks in the gaskets now.

Super slow leak though so I'm not going to rebuilt the engine anytime soon.

The first time I took my exhaust off I wasn't able to get a new gasket on it so it sounded quite a bit similar to yours for a bit. people definitely heard me coming.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #54
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,410
Putting a little to much oil may do that . Just a thought. I second see if it runs lean with that air filler. Looks and sounds good.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #55
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

Hey guys, so I ran into a snag! Was riding yesterday at full throttle and the bike just bogged out and died. I was so bummed. It felt like it was trying to hold on but just wasn't getting fuel I'm guessing. It did this the other day too when I was driving at WOT then as I was parking it just died. I waited a few mins then it started right up.

I checked the spark, it looks good. Its getting fuel as well. I also have been tinkering with the gauges and such to get my new speedo working good, but would that effect my starter? Looks like the Negative on my battery is sparking as its turning over too. I'm rambling, but just trying to cover my bases. Could it be engine compression? Mahalo!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #56
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycekauai View Post
Hey guys, so I ran into a snag! Was riding yesterday at full throttle and the bike just bogged out and died. I was so bummed. It felt like it was trying to hold on but just wasn't getting fuel I'm guessing. It did this the other day too when I was driving at WOT then as I was parking it just died. I waited a few mins then it started right up.

I checked the spark, it looks good. Its getting fuel as well. I also have been tinkering with the gauges and such to get my new speedo working good, but would that effect my starter? Looks like the Negative on my battery is sparking as its turning over too. I'm rambling, but just trying to cover my bases. Could it be engine compression? Mahalo!
Guessing fuel lines, old inline fuel filter that someone added , Fuel pump and the dreaded bystater on the carb. Also you get issues with cracked rubber manifold that carb goes into. Air cleaner lose can bog it down if clamps aren't on it. Craps from the fuel tank getting stuck in jet. If it doen't do it at home and you can't find the issues then maybe carry a tool roll with screw drivers in it so when it happen you can at least see if the fuel pump etc . Then again I to am just rambling and throwing out what other have put up here before.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #57
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

Well a little update. I had to work all week and when I fired it up today it ran like a charm. But then I went for a ride down the road later and it bogged again and then wouldn't start. I tried taking the gas cap off and I think it ran better, so I'll try that next time it dies to confirm that or not. Then it will be back to the stock airbox if that doesn't help.

GOOD NEWS!

New grips and new headlight! This scoot is getting more epic by the day!

Old Grip

New Grip

I got this rad little light off of ebay from china. It was only $8. It is super bright so those damn cars can see me coming. It turns off when I turn it to high beam, which is cool, like a little switch. But I might get a matching one and have them set at different angles for a high and low beam. Does anyone know if these lights are legal?

Old 05-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #58
Eliter85
Adventurer

You should definitely buy new shocks. I am so stoked on mine.

These shocks made the ride SO much better. The taller shocks make such a difference (12.5" vs 11.5"). They might be a little stiff but I just put them on so I'll wait a bit then maybe try tinkering around with them. All in all its way more fun then it was with my old pogo stick shocks.

Here's the ebay listing I bought. $80, can't complain.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251215116397?...84.m1497.l2649

Jealous of your grips, I wanna find some new ones sometime soon.

Also I think a new front brake lever would be sweet. A nice anodized blue one or something.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #59
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

Dude! I gotta get those shocks. They look epic on there. I think they would look even better on the skelly! Show off a little gold. Here is a link to my grips I bought, only $14.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Gel-Alum...5079c5&vxp=mtr
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #60
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

New Belt and Tail lights success. My belt snapped a few weeks ago so during the wait I put on these sweet ruckus tail lights. Came out pretty cool I think. Only cost me $40 on totalruckus.com