Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #31
DouglasVB
Tupperwear Rider

Oddometer: 80
Did someone say my name and link to my website? I'm all ears now!

Cheers!

Douglas
(former) 1984 Honda Shadow VT700 (never named)
Contrary to popular belief, the PC800 is a capable off-pavement machine.
DouglasVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #32
midwestroadwarrior OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasVB View Post
Did someone say my name and link to my website? I'm all ears now!

Cheers!

Douglas
I am glad someone did post your link! I have read thru a lot of the info on your blog! Thanks for making a place for Pacific Coast information!
midwestroadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #33
midwestroadwarrior OP
Adventurer

I took the bike out today for its first real ride! A buddy of mine just picked up a buell M2 cyclone on wednesday so we decided we would give our bikes the first real ride test. We decided to ride a road that has a few good turns as well as elevation changes to see how the bikes handled. All I can say is WOW! I thought this bike would be pretty boring to ride, but it handles quite well in the twisties! I am impressed with the bike so far! I have logged about 100 miles on the bike and I am extremely happy with my purchase so far!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #34
DouglasVB
Tupperwear Rider

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestroadwarrior View Post
I took the bike out today for its first real ride! A buddy of mine just picked up a buell M2 cyclone on wednesday so we decided we would give our bikes the first real ride test. We decided to ride a road that has a few good turns as well as elevation changes to see how the bikes handled. All I can say is WOW! I thought this bike would be pretty boring to ride, but it handles quite well in the twisties! I am impressed with the bike so far! I have logged about 100 miles on the bike and I am extremely happy with my purchase so far!
I hope you get many miles to come out of your Pacific Coast! I am thoroughly convinced that I could take mine around the world twice and it would still be running as well as the day that I purchased it. In fact... some day I actually might do just that. The guys with big adventure bikes aren't the only ones who can circumnavigate the globe

All of the knowledge I have gained about the PC800 came from the good people over at the IPCRC (pc800.net). I only hope that I can give back as much as everyone there has given me. Seriously they're a great group of people.

If you have any questions about your bike, feel free to shoot me an email via my website or via PM on here. It might take me a few days to respond depending upon how busy I am but I will get back to you.

Cheers!

Douglas
(former) 1984 Honda Shadow VT700 (never named)
Contrary to popular belief, the PC800 is a capable off-pavement machine.
DouglasVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #35
SilverFaux
never satisfied

Oddometer: 108
Another PC800

I own a PC800. I'm getting it out of mothball this month (4 years) and taking it to a mechanic to get it gone over front to back. I have held on to it because I'm sold on this bike. Super comfortable. Great protection from wind and rain. Handles really nice. And trunk space for days!

I attempted to do my own work on her and found out that I am no mechanic.

Since then I have lamented that day and vowed when I had an appropriate amount of funds I would take her in, have her done up right and then ride the crap out of her. I promise I will never do more than a fluid check / oil change ever again.

I hope I can post a ride worthy of these pages this year.
I'll be riding her on the PCH this June even!

Vermin, if you're out there, just wanted you to know that CACK is the awesomest reason to ever read these pages. Many good stories bro. I would have a hard time letting mine go All over like that without me, But it is truly a testament to the riders in this family. AdvRiders rock.
SilverFaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #36
midwestroadwarrior OP
Adventurer

Well guys, I have sourced all of my remaining plastic pieces for the PC800 and they are being painted the beginning of next week! I should have her complete and ready to go soon. I have already logged about 150 miles on it and it is more fun to ride than I anticipated. I am purchasing a house so some of the "mods" (taller windshield, backrest, led lights, etc.) I wanted to do before my trip are going to be put on hold. I plan to take it on a short trip or two in the next few weeks before my maiden voyage out west. Pics will be uploaded as soon as I have all the pieces of the bodywork puzzle back together!