User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
RedFrogTango OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Helmet shape - Shoei vs. Schuberth vs. Shark

I have a Shark Evoline 2 and I am looking for a replacement. The Shark (size medium) fits me quite well, but I am looking for something with better airflow and quieter. My Evoline 2 is relatively loud and hot. My must haves include a modular design, pin-lock anti-fog technology, internal sun visor, and capable of utilizing my Cardo G4. I'm looking at:

1) Shoei Neotec
2) Schuberth C3 (maybe the Pro)
3) Shark Evoline 3

I'm having a hard time finding dealers that carry all three helmets so that I can try them on head-to-head. So I'm looking for some input from those that have switched from or compared the Shark with either the Shoei or the Schuberth with respect to head shape.

FWIW - my previous helmet was a Caberg Justissimo. The Caberg fit well, but not as well as the Shark.

Thanks, Mike
RedFrogTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
Jblk9695
AKA-Crazy Old Man

Oddometer: 242
Not sure about the other 2 helmets but the Shark Evo 3 seems to be a bit tighter on my forehead than the 2, I have both and have put many many miles on the Evo 2. I even removed the foam pad that is in the front, same as I did with the Evo 2 and the 3 is still a bit too tight. I don't think the venting is any better from one to the other. I really like the concept of the Evoline helmets and may give the Evo 3 another try but like you I would like a little more venting.

Jerry
Old 09-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 609
Used to have Evoline 2 for more than 2 yrs, which fitted me okay even though I could have done with a bit roundness.. Evoline is a slightly narrower fit again which didn't pass my stand-in the shop for 1/2 hour test. Neotec is more rounded than shark evoline, and fitted me perfect on the same XL size. I eventually went with GTAir which is the full face version of neotec.
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
RedFrogTango OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
I had a chance to try on a Shoei Neotec today. It fit me really well. I'm not sure I really need to investigate the Schuberth. I think I'm going to go with the Shoei.
RedFrogTango is offline   Reply With Quote