Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 07:01 AM   #1
FozMaster OP
Air Pirate

Oddometer: 73
Changing maps from north america to europe and getting full features

My Dad recently got a BMW Nav V, and so he gave me a great deal on his Zumo 660. However, he is in the States, and I live in Europe. So I have been looking at purchasing maps for the Zumo.

No matter whether I choose the SD card, the download, or the DVD, all of the maps come with this statement:

Please note, these full-version maps do not contain premium content such as junction view or 3-D buildings and terrain. These features only are available on the preloaded maps within your device or through a specific update for the mapping region of your device.

Since I would really like to use those features (particularly the junction view), I looked at purchasing a map update. However, when I go to the map update page, there is the following statement:
This product only can be used to update the preloaded maps that came installed on your device. For example, a device preloaded with North America maps cannot be updated with nüMaps Lifetime Europe, and vice versa.

That statement is for the Lifetime Maps. This statement is with the one-time maps:

If you purchase a nüMaps Onetime update, you will receive 1 map data update for 1 compatible Garmin product. The update you receive will be an update to the same geographic map data originally included with your Garmin product when originally purchased.

Does anyone know of a way I can load European maps on my Zumo and get the full functionality, including junction view and 3d maps?
Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,758
If you purchase the DVD version of the Full Region CNEU Map, Garmin has in the past offered the JCV (Junction view file) for free installation using Garmin Express (you need to use Garmin Express to manage the device and your registration).

I would call Garmin to verify this. Their website verbiage can often not convey what they actually will support.

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 AM   #3
FozMaster OP
Air Pirate

Oddometer: 73
Thanks for the info, I will look into that.