Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #2266
dolphins13
orange rules

Oddometer: 138
My buddy got a K&N air filter for his DR650. I looked on the website and requested them to make one? Anyone know if there is one for lc4 640 1999? or another aftermarket airfiter for better flow? thx for helping my dumbars, assuming someone does?
dolphins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #2267
Michelangelo
2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer: 1,594
Guys I just posted some lowering links for the LC4 including Duke-2 in the Flea Market. $60
Oh and a brand new No Toil air filter: $15

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post18025970

Michelangelo screwed with this post 02-19-2012 at 05:06 PM
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #2268
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Oddometer: 577
Question Centerstand install pics??

Hi All,
Got a new OEM centerstand from Munn with two heavy-duty springs and a couple of nuts and a odd-shaped curved black piece. Does anyone know of any close-up pictures of the attachment points for this centerstand on the 640 or the 625? I am assuming I will have to take off the side stand, but i want to understand where the stand fits in and where the springs shouuld go.
Thanks!
MNCherryinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #2269
nfranco
over macho grande?

Oddometer: 758
Crappy night time pics, can do better tomorrow if you need.
I have the SW Motech side stand installed.
From the front.

Right side

Left side

nfranco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #2270
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fener6 View Post
I was gonna adjust the valves, so while I'm doing that I might as well check the water pump.
As a preemptive strike, bleed the brakes and clutch once a year and rebuild that water pump and clutch master and slave cylinders at every 10-12k miles.

Both fairly easy and straight forward maintenance items.

Dirty

dirty_sanchez screwed with this post 02-20-2012 at 06:45 PM
dirty_sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #2271
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfranco View Post
Crappy night time pics, can do better tomorrow if you need.
I have the SW Motech side stand installed.
From the front.

Right side

Left side

Thanks! I think this answers the question. I just didn't see where the curved piece goes, but I see how it works now.

Now my problem is the centerstand I got has no foot lever and it looks pretty tall! Should be a challenge getting the thing up on the stand once the stand is installed! I'll have no downforce leverage! I guess they thought you should just use brute force and lift the bike up with your foot holding the stand in place.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #2272
nfranco
over macho grande?

Years ago someone made a run of center stand foot levers for the LC4.
Can't remember who and I can't find it right now.
It would be a fairly simple piece to fab and weld, I can get you dimensions and pics if you want.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #2273
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfranco View Post
Years ago someone made a run of center stand foot levers for the LC4.
Can't remember who and I can't find it right now.
It would be a fairly simple piece to fab and weld, I can get you dimensions and pics if you want.
I saw a thread on that and I think that place went out of business a long time ago and got a lot of bad reviews from folks on ADV. if you can get me some close-up pics and rough dimensions, that would be awesome. then i just need to find a local weld shop to fab it for me for cheap and re-powdercoat it. I can't tell...are these things steel tube? Seem too heavy to be aluminum.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #2274
nfranco
over macho grande?

Will get you that info tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #2275
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Thanks Nfranco! You ride with the LAAdventureriders? Going to the Noob rally end of March in DV?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #2276
micq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
been working my way hrough this thred for a couple of weeks & still went & bought a 625 SXC 05/06 model with 10000 klm's on it . It is set up pretty much how I would do it if I had unlimited funds , took it for a run this afternoon & can't get the grin of my face . Haven't had so much fun since I sold my it & yz 465's 25 years ago . Haven't had a KTM before so get ready for some silly questions .
micq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #2277
Mo-Tarded
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by micq View Post
Haven't had a KTM before so get ready for some silly questions .
We're ready for you ! Bring it... ...and get ready for some silly answers !
"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these are secondary to the need to feel alive." - AntiHero ADV Rider
Mo-Tarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #2278
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
either you are going to need a O ring on the bottom slave or a piston at the top master.. do both and yourself a favor.. also get a new bushing and screw for the handle as it will wear allowing the lever axial movement making the master piston wear out faster.. partnumber for the bottom O ring 0770020210 KTM O-RING 23,52X1,78... on the top piston if your bike has the stock sxc clutch the size it 10.5 and a parts unlimited or WPS dealer can get the piston cheaper but here is the OEM pn 58402032000 .. the nut bolt and bushing for the handle is..50302038000
Just got my 0770020210 o-ring in and put it on the slave piston. It looks like the cross section is way too small! Will this thing swell up when it gets in contact with the blood? Right now, I can literally drop the piston into the cylinder and there is almost no grab around the OD of the o-ring to the ID of the cylinder. is that normal? Did I get the wrong o-ring? receipt says I got the right number. here is a pic...

Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #2279
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,662
We both were tackling the same clutch issue last week.

It's a loose fit with the O-Ring shown in the photo. When I had the slave in my hands it slipped out and hit the floor. The piston fell right out. Methinks this was the culprit of my weekly refilling of the master.

I use an extra counter shaft O-Ring I had laying around. Plus it's orange. I had to push it in a bit once on the piston. I'd rather a bit more resistance than you describe.

Dirty
Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #2280
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCherryinCA View Post
Just got my 0770020210 o-ring in and put it on the slave piston. It looks like the cross section is way too small! Will this thing swell up when it gets in contact with the blood? Right now, I can literally drop the piston into the cylinder and there is almost no grab around the OD of the o-ring to the ID of the cylinder. is that normal? Did I get the wrong o-ring? receipt says I got the right number. here is a pic...

That O-ring looks way too small and will likely not work at all... I've been using the countershaft bushing O-rings part # 0770 250021 for the last several years and they seem to last pretty long... I see the part # for your O-ring brings up the inner counter O-ring which is much smaller 22mmx 1mm vs the 25mm x 2mm of the above mentioned bushing O ring ... Why don't you try going to an industrial supply or autoparts store and see if they can scare you up a 24 or 25mm x 2mm o-ring rather than waiting for another through KTM... If you have a heavy equipment dealer they may have the HD tough yellow ones designed for hydraulics...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote