Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #406
overlandr
Dystopist

Oddometer: 5,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzpad
Thanks for the info, I have searched ride reports several different ways and there are quite a few KTM 640 ride reports, I just thought that it would be really convenient for everyone to have a list of all of the URL's of 640 ride reports in one location.
Well until some kind sould has the energy, here's a link to Chris Scotts's site with section devoted to KTM I think. (The SQL part of the site seems to be having some probs right now.)
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #407
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,168
Quote:
Thanks for the info, I have searched ride reports several different ways and there are quite a few KTM 640 ride reports, I just thought that it would be really convenient for everyone to have a list of all of the URL's of 640 ride reports in one location.
If you take this quest "40 acres and a mule" shall be yours. I know some gigs are offering "40 virgins in heaven", but you shouldn't have to die in this quest.

Plus, those gigs have very strong laws against even seeing the virgins, much less touching them, so, so..., so this gig pays about the same.

Just create a new thread in Ride Reports entitled something like "KTM LC4 Ride Report Thread Index" and compile the ride reports there. I will add a link to that ride report index here.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #408
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,821
Hey Meat-

Did the Hillbillies in East TN up and runt you offt or did you get your fill of that good old mountain dew?

You turned into a Lefty again?

Dirty
Old 10-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #409
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez
Hey Meat-

Did the Hillbillies in East TN up and runt you offt or did you get your fill of that good old mountain dew?

You turned into a Lefty again?

Dirty
I be havin' a good time there, if'n it weren't for the stoopid cracker I went to work with... what-a jerk.

So I left. Careful with that lefty stuff; the Aussies will get cranky:

ps - I miss LA, and what nola used to be... I was 'bout a half hour east of you for a few years last millennium.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #410
mech12
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
My ktm rocks now

Hi guy's after reading the bible threads of the great gods like Creeper and Loaded, I bit the bullet and spent my hard earned dosh on gifts for my 2006 640 adventure, an sxc exhaust, 155 main jet, airbox side cover, removed emission crap off carb, and the luggage rack,
I ran out of money so unable to get the zega box's this month. But I have to say the bike is so smooth now no bogging at all or flat spots, and as for the power she just flies! so all in all I am very pleased, Now to get on with writing out my wish list for next month!

Mech
Old 10-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #411
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Me want too

Hi Mech,

I sure would appreciate if you could point me to the thread for the mods that you mention. i sure would like to give it a go for my 2004 640 Adventure.

regards,

Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech12
Hi guy's after reading the bible threads of the great gods like Creeper and Loaded, I bit the bullet and spent my hard earned dosh on gifts for my 2006 640 adventure, an sxc exhaust, 155 main jet, airbox side cover, removed emission crap off carb, and the luggage rack,
I ran out of money so unable to get the zega box's this month. But I have to say the bike is so smooth now no bogging at all or flat spots, and as for the power she just flies! so all in all I am very pleased, Now to get on with writing out my wish list for next month!

Mech
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #412
mech12
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Laugh

Hey Willis, You are in the right section , just click on the various carb mods, jetting, exhausts etc, . and be prepared to do a lot of worthwhile reading, I went for the sxc exhaust, because for the following reasons, in order, its fairly quiet ie 94dba, which means I can use my bike in competitions and be fairly unobtrusive on trails, also have you ever tried riding a bike with a loud exhaust for any distance!! I have and the headache was a monster even through earplugs. note it is still noisy if I accelerate hard but when cruising it purrs nicely. the jetting with a 155 jet suits me as I am at sea level but it will also allow me to ride into the alps or pyrenees and still run, sure i could go up to a 160 0r even a 165 (note jets are in 2.5 increments) but I would probably start choking up or flooding at high altitudes, so I went for a compromise which would give me economy and good acceleration. the removal of the emission control gives you better accelleration in the first 3 gears as its not leaning the mixture off.
Finally I have fitted the pannier rack as I have tried touring with just a tail bag but normally end up being invited out for a meal and not many restraunts are impressed when you turn up in motocross boots!! lol
Old 10-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #413
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Thank You

Hi Mech,

Thank you kindly for your advise. I will go check out the site. I wish you a very fun filled weekend ahead.

Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech12
Hey Willis, You are in the right section , just click on the various carb mods, jetting, exhausts etc, . and be prepared to do a lot of worthwhile reading, I went for the sxc exhaust, because for the following reasons, in order, its fairly quiet ie 94dba, which means I can use my bike in competitions and be fairly unobtrusive on trails, also have you ever tried riding a bike with a loud exhaust for any distance!! I have and the headache was a monster even through earplugs. note it is still noisy if I accelerate hard but when cruising it purrs nicely. the jetting with a 155 jet suits me as I am at sea level but it will also allow me to ride into the alps or pyrenees and still run, sure i could go up to a 160 0r even a 165 (note jets are in 2.5 increments) but I would probably start choking up or flooding at high altitudes, so I went for a compromise which would give me economy and good acceleration. the removal of the emission control gives you better accelleration in the first 3 gears as its not leaning the mixture off.
Finally I have fitted the pannier rack as I have tried touring with just a tail bag but normally end up being invited out for a meal and not many restraunts are impressed when you turn up in motocross boots!! lol
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #414
overlandr
Dystopist

Oddometer: 5,852
Maybe if Arch was to switch positions between Creeper's and your's Stickies then noobs might actually read his thread first and not end up filling this thread with irrelevant posts.
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #415
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr
Maybe if Arch was to switch positions between Creeper's and your's Stickies then noobs might actually read his thread first and not end up filling this thread with irrelevant posts.
well the highest sticky is the last one to have a new post, so if we post in creeper's thread it will go to the top!

Old 11-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #416
minibikepilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
2004 625 SXC inspection issues

OK..newbie needs a lesson...i went to get the bike inspected in Virginia beach, Va. guy told me no pressure switch on front brake?, no taillight illumination(easy fix)
Now I bought a pressure switch from peakmoto, will this thing work?..looks a lot like the rear pressure switch?
overall, this could be an easy install...let's see
minibikepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #417
DirtMerchant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr
Maybe if Arch was to switch positions between Creeper's and your's Stickies then noobs might actually read his thread first and not end up filling this thread with irrelevant posts. :wink

OK..newbie needs a lesson...i went to get the bike inspected in Virginia beach, Va. guy told me no pressure switch on front brake?, no taillight illumination(easy fix)
Now I bought a pressure switch from peakmoto, will this thing work?..looks a lot like the rear pressure switch?
overall, this could be an easy install...let's see
:
Dude, this thread is for indexing; not asking questions.

But since you already posted I'll give you my .02...

Will it work? Maybe, did you get the one specifically for your front brake MC? I just installed this one one my SXC:https://www.bajadesigns.com/net/main...ategory=MCYCLE Then search on 120101

It works like a charm.

Do you know how to bleed the brakes? Do some reading; they can be a real bitch.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:54 AM   #418
minibikepilot
Adventurer

thanks

thanks for the tip..
i will try to post on the right thread next time..
Old 11-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #419
Salt Lick
Weissbiermann

Oddometer: 989
Quote:
So are you gonna have a go at this? I've been home sick for the last two weeks...certainly on the couch today and tomorrow. I could start it...
Salt Lick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #420
minibikepilot
Adventurer

give it hell

i'm gonna try.....man..I can follow directions as good s the next guy..i'm tired of getting bent over, at the local shops for crap i could do myself..half the battle is having the right tools!!!!
it's worth the money to get them, just so you can sit back and enjoy the satisfaction of doing it right, and saving $70/hr..
thanks for the support..
"i'm not sending my boy to some school to learn to retread tires"( Forrest Gump's mom)