ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #31
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
It's that girl again isn't it Guaglione.....Jennifer...what's her name?
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #32
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
Here's a "bird's eye" view of Naches River Valley.

I've found the area on maps; Little Naches Road, Naches River, Kaner Flats, Government Meadows. The closest campground to Kaner Flats on the Naches River is/was named Crow Creek Campground, I'm getting that of of USGS Quads, no publish date on digital.

I'm a cartographer and like maps. This 3D view gives a flavor of the terrain. This 3D model is looking north and is located over Kaner Flats. The Naches River Valley runs off to the upper left, north west.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #33
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeThumper
Nice pics, Tony. Green Hornet Rulz. Looks like you guys had your work cut out for you. If it rains more this week, water wings or pontoons may beome an option for next weekend. I'll bet "Whistlin' Jacks" could rustle up a hot adult beverage, however. Any further thoughts/suggestions on a Saturday morning meeting spot?

Im thinkin' Whistlin Jack's still...

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #34
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaglione
I dunno, I'm kinda skeered. I've spent enough time in the ER this year, can't really afford to do more. I may pass. Besides, I hope to still be hungover from Friday night.

Luca....git on yer bike.....

GS Adventure with all the bells and whistles, adventure camp, offroad injuries, bike damage... youv'e been through it all now and your ready to go. Dont make me get naked and show you my scars

See ya sunday? Or saturday night?

Old 07-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #35
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeThumper
It's that girl again isn't it Guaglione.....Jennifer...what's her name?
Yeah, Jennifer whats-her-name...

Nah, judging from the pics, I'll sit this one out, besides, my suister is going to be up from San Fransico, so I want to hang with her.

I'll make it out soon. Promise.

Y'all better be at Jules Maes this Friday!!!!!

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:19 PM   #36
Guaglione
Country mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Luca....git on yer bike.....

GS Adventure with all the bells and whistles, adventure camp, offroad injuries, bike damage... youv'e been through it all now and your ready to go. Dont make me get naked and show you my scars

See ya sunday? Or saturday night?
Chad, it depends. Are you going to stick to GS-able stuff on sunday? I want to git on my bike, but I don't want to fall off it again, so I got to take it easy. I cannot afford another injury right now. We'll see how I feel. If I get down there and don't think I can handle it, I'll just put in some slab time.
we'll see, we'll see.

Winston Churchill
Old 07-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #37
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

Bring your sister along....
Old 07-10-2005, 09:40 PM   #38
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Chad, it depends. Are you going to stick to GS-able stuff on sunday? I want to git on my bike, but I don't want to fall off it again, so I got to take it easy. I cannot afford another injury right now. We'll see how I feel. If I get down there and don't think I can handle it, I'll just put in some slab time.
we'll see, we'll see.

I think we will sunday. Views and exploration. Saturday for the gnarly stuff methinks.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #39
88NX250
Team USA

Oddometer: 723
I am trying to talk a friend of mine into going who rides a Transalp. He has TONS of experience in that area on his old KDX220. He doen't like to go crazy on the transalp and when I offered to hunt down some used knobbies for him to run he said "I want to keep the street tires on so I dont get too crazy" so he might be good to go for easy riding with (aiming this at Luca and the assorted GSA riders)...I am beginning to think that GSA stands for "girly sissy adventure" (I'm kidding guys...)
88NX250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:43 AM   #40
a16tony
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
we'll see, we'll see.
I'm bringing my medical/first aid vest, and I'll let ya' sit on my KLR. Ok, mabey you can ride it too. Worst case you could take care of the camp site and
solicit hot chicks
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:54 AM   #41
Guaglione
Country mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88NX250
...I am beginning to think that GSA stands for "girly sissy adventure" (I'm kidding guys...)
easy there, I think some of us local GS'ers have proven our ability to push our GS's (sometimes too far).

We'll see guys, this is looking more appealing if I know that we'll stick to stuff I can handle on the Silver Pig.

Winston Churchill
Old 07-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #42
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
easy there, I think some of us local GS'ers have proven our ability to push our GS's (sometimes too far).

We'll see guys, this is looking more appealing if I know that we'll stick to stuff I can handle on the Silver Pig.
Hey 88NX250 - I would be willing to go up againt ya on a GSA and me on my beast on the road or trail of your choice.

Luca, I will be sticking to FS roads so I will go with ya, Waiting to here back from GSGuy on what day he is going - but I am open to running up afternoon of staurday - finding the campsite - popping some tops - so on.

Let me know what you think. An early Sunday ride up will also work.

Enjoy

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #43
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldAdventurer
I'll take yall on. I was adventurin' when you were all still wet behind the ears. Back in my day we had real adventures, on real bikes. None of this sissy modern day new fangled suspension and tubless tires and electrical gizmos. We rode bikes so heavy they couldn't be picked up so we never droped 'em. They got so poor gas mileage we had to carry gas in our canteens, went thristy all the time.

We navigated by the stars and moss on the trees, they never ran out of batteries. Now I'm a ridin' the ultimate adventure machine. It's a 19 and 73 Honda mini trail 50cc with a dual sport kit and a 52cc big bore upgrade. Got a Sears & Robuck spot light on the bars and home made luggage rack. Gona ride it to Alaska this winter since it's air cooled I don't want her over heatin'. I can run circles around yer BMW BSers, road or dirt! Hail, I had to wait to start motorcyclin' adventuren' till the motorcycle was invented. I plumb forgot more about adventuren' that I ever knew. So bring it on! You can eat my dust ifin you city boys ever get off that couch.
I for one would like to invite you Mr. CrankyOldAdventurer to the Naches ride. I think we'd all learn a lot listening to your stories of adventures past, around the camp fire. See you there.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:57 AM   #44
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Tony....why am I starting to think we might be helping to pull cyclinder heads out from tree's soon?

No worries all, Its gonna be FUN. I work my guts out all week and when it comes time to ride its about one thing: FUN.

Let's do it!

Old 07-11-2005, 09:06 AM   #45
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

Are we there, yet?