User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #211
TEWSTER2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Oisin, I recently found and watched all of your videos on You Tube and bought your books. I can't start to tell you how inspired I am with your travels and the way you put together the videos and your style of narration. I am a 60 year old guy who rides a GS who lives vicariously though yours and others travels around the world. I will never be able to do the trips you do but I must say that watching your videos makes me feel as if I am along for the ride. Thank you and I look forward to your next adventure.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #212
young1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Where have your videos gone?

Can no longer find them on YT?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #213
Witold
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Oisin, anyone who has tried video knows and appreciates your efforts on this. You not only did it, from start to finish, but you did it well. The end product is great. A lot of the commentary resonated with me. I only wish there was more.

You should do a thread/howto on your workflow process and how you prepared, what your production looked like during the ride, and what your editing process looked like afterwards. Very few people manage to make a video this good and it definitely reveals both your talent and work ethic.

Someone mentioned the 300psi pump that I'm curious about because I had the same sort of issues with the tire bead breaking... so there is no puncture and the tire just sits lose on the rim and compressor air just goes out the side, not inflating the tire at all. Is a 300psi pump like the above the solution to this issue? Or will this sort of pump still not be enough to seal the bead? Anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
I always wonder what I would do if I had to deal with a problem I couldn't repair. I have a much better chance of repairing my bike compared to yours......you can fix a lowly KLR with baling twine and a rock!!!...lol. You had the same issues as the big boys had with their full on train of support vehicles.....cudo's to you ....
The easiest bike to fix is one that is used locally. This is why I liked my $1500 Indian bike. Sure, it broke, but everyone could fix it. They had spare parts easily available and they were dirt cheap. Random mechanics with nothing but a hammer and screwdriver replaced the clutch plates - twice - with no other tools whatsoever. We're talking about ~$20 for new clutch plates, including labor.

And ultimately it's $1500. If the bike falls off some cliff, it's not the end of the world. You can just buy another one very easily. And because of the road conditions, you can't really take advantage of better road or dual spot bikes we have... A cheap bike is one less item to worry about. That's my experience anyway...
Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #214
Prettyboy
BFLB

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by young1 View Post
Where have your videos gone?

Can no longer find them on YT?

Just came to the end of this thread to try and find answers to the same question. I was in the middle of Mongolia and poof, videos are private. You can't leave me hanging like this!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #215
ang
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Videos are private! What's going on.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #216
MichaelWater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Not Dead Yet.

What happened to the videos? Yesterday they worked, today they don't. Not here, not on Youtube. Please explain.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #217
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,218
++++++ ^^^
I am a junky that savors every drop.tonight was the time to watch my next segment. =
Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #218
amaefm
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Well this is quite sad, I was on episode 15 and things were getting truly fantastic. Oisin, if you do get a chance to read this I'm sure I and many others would be grateful to you for putting the videos back up. If it is a sales issue I'm sure that people would still want to pay for a download version, I know I would. I just really want to finish your story!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #219
LivnLif2TheFulst
An Adventurous Soul

Oddometer: 23
Looking For The Big Fella

Hey Oisin... Hope All Is Well Mate

If You Think You Can or You Think You Can't...You're Right...

SEMPER-Fi
2008 Harley Davidson 96,000+ Miles
2009 BMW R1200 GSA 28,000+ Miles
Old 05-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #220
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
I was one of the many lucky ones who got to see them unfold....I feel for you noobs to this thread, but, he needs to sell this video sellection for sure! It is as good as if not better than the full on prodution film Long Way Round and the others...he should be selling them. I would buy them just to have them at my hands at any time to watch again.
He did a fantastic job with every inch of filming etc.

I do feel for you who haven't seen them all yet....but hopefully he is doing just this and offering them up as a DVD or something for us to purchase.
I'm already standing in line to buy!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #221
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Dead
Oisin screwed with this post Today at 06:18 AM
Seems Oisin is aware.

@willys
Not as DVD or BluRay. DRM free digital download yes maybe. But Discs are just stuff taking up space and with DRM'ed downloads you can't rewatch the stuff in 5 years time when the DRM server has shut down.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #222
MichaelWater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Need money? I don't care how much - I'll rob a convenience store... just tell me where i can get my next fix - asap.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #223
elkgrichard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
He could be in contact with History or Discovery channel who could be interested in doing a series with this video work. All sorts of possibilities with book deals/video package, tours later on for big $$$$$$, especially if it was released on the Discovery channel which i would think totally doable. I'm a video/sound student UCLA at this time and know folks in the business that would give a left nut for this stuff because they know how to market. Adventure anything is a big deal right now. Motorcycle Adventure is not anything touched by anyone in the business that i know of. One of the few open slots. I almost sent him a a private e-mail telling him to take this stuff down, knowing or learning the business for me gave me some insight that Osin is on to something with all of this. I would at least explore a little and cast the lure toward Discovery/History and or even BMW although the later would not have the folks who would understand what to do with it. First thing i would do..... get a lawyer in the business with the contacts in negotiating these deals.. Big money and cut-throat industry if you go in blind you get frocked.

elkgrichard screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 09:46 AM
Old 05-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #224
Beelzabob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,042
[QUOTE=elkgrichard;21368306]He could be in contact with History or Discovery channel who could be interested in doing a series with this video work. QUOTE]

DING DING DING! Winner winner, chicken dinner!
At least I hope so for his sake. I just looked and discovered all his responses have been removed from this and other ride report from "What comes around" as well.

Hope he makes a mint!

"Most of the trip was like being thrown into a barrel of titties only to come out sucking your thumb!" - Oisin
Old 05-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #225
MeinMotorrad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
They'll need a new bleeper machine after going through the footage though
Closed Thread