Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #31
Dracula
Deus ex machina

Oddometer: 899
Very original and inspirational

Oisin,

My hat's off to you. Your videos are a dream, I watched to 17 and am in awe. I really appreciate allot the personal touch, sharing your feelings and impressions makes it so much better.

I'll be sure to follow along all episodes. If you can share some of the issues with the bike (apart from blown shock) and how many miles on it, it would be great.

Best,
Vic
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #32
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
From another Not Dead Yet believer.....absolutely excellent videos .....I'm just on #7 and needed to stretch my Not Dead Yet body.....

Keep up the great work and now I have to find your book!

I'm originally from England and now am living in Ontario Canada......you brought back some lovely memories.....

I ride all over Canada with the exact same mentality as you.....What will I think about, if I can use the old noggin material when I'm stuck in a bed....? Hopefully my adventures.

Ride on my friend.....ride on!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #33
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oisin......excellent work my fellow adventurer!

I have one problem.....it stopped at 19....where's the rest?.....get stuck in man.....you have fans waiting!

Another issue.....your ebook....or any soft/hard cover book.....where can I find it? Seriously ....I need another fix!

See what you have started......ah!!!!

Please keep it coming....thanks once again for a great day not wasted watching your videos!!!

Oh, another question.....when in Mongolia....how does one repay for services recieved and what sort of numbers do you offer these helpfull people? For future referance?? Thanks....
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #34
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Considering the alternative, leaving the bike....it's dirt cheap! I bet they live like kings on that sort of money as well!
Thanks for the link.....

I always wonder what I would do if I had to deal with a problem I couldn't repair. I have a much better chance of repairing my bike compared to yours......you can fix a lowly KLR with baling twine and a rock!!!...lol. You had the same issues as the big boys had with their full on train of support vehicles.....cudo's to you ....
Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #35
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post

http://www.youtube.com/user/roguebikers

You can see all the videos on this Channel!

I watched all 19 videos and am now severely addicted. I went to your Youtube channel and tried to open your 13 videos of "That I may die roaming" series. YouTube says they are "Private". How do we watch them? Is there a pass word we need to open them?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #36
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Hi there...
Im currently redoing all the videos... when i did them originally I was on the road and used crappy s/w...didn't have fast upload so most of them are pretty crappy..... if you keep an eye on the youtube channel or subscribe to it...I'll repost them all with proper editing...
thanks very much for watching them in the first place!
Thank you very much for the quick response. I'll definitely be watching for them. I thoroughly enjoy your perspective on life and humor.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #37
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Russia looks very much like Northern Ontario.....I agree 100% with your assessment of the scenery! When riding from Toronto to the west to get up to Dawson city.....the ride out of Ontario is the toughest of the whole trip! It takes 2 1/2 days fo teadious riding. Sure it's beautifull in it's own way, but I'm or we're used to it, so you're always looking for something new to look at.
When riding these adventures, it's easy to get into a slump where you question why.....why am I doing this. As you have said...but deep down it's you who knows why and it's you who has to answer to your decission on which way you go and why.

Can I ask....what do you do for a living that allows you the time and fortune to be able to do these adventures? You are not doing it on the cheap may I say. Maybe that is because there isn't any reason to camp etc every night...? Some places I expect it's so cheap that it makes hotels or motels just a sensible choice? I'm just curious....no need to answer if you don't want.
Personally I camp as much as possible just to keep costs down and also to rough it so to speak, get out of your comfort zone type of thing. I've done so much camping I actually prefer it now over motels etc. To each their own.

Please keep up the videos and telling your story.....just love it!

Thanks for the fix....we had a fresh 3 inches of snow last night and at this rate we won't be riding by June!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #38
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Thanks Oisisn, another great episode.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #39
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 164
Oisin its your fault that nothing is getting done around the homestead...watched one of your episodes this morning and promptly went for a longish ride(few snowflakes coming down but not bad)..came home-had another quick look at part 12 and I'm heading backout for another ride on the GS...thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #40
anytwocylinder
Too Old for WHAT?

Oddometer: 23
"Epic" just isn't enough

You Sir, are an inspiration.

This is a brilliant, very personal and complete accounting of a very tough but rewarding adventure. No candy coated, girlie man travel documentary here. The best part is that unlike many reports you don't just take us along the route, you make us "feel" the experience.

Well done and keep it coming. I'm in for the book.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #41
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 164
Oisin...is there a book coming out???if so when and where to acquire.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
Lee C
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
Oisin...is there a book coming out???if so when and where to acquire.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...=relevancerank
Oisin great job looking forward to the rest
Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #43
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oisin:
I seriously looked into it as well and that boat trip across to vancover is what stopped me....I just couldn't see spending almost as much money as the whole food costs on a single boat ride. Yes the expenses are a help and also what I had in mind so to speak. I was thinking $10,000-$15,000 as a possible cost to do the ride.......it would mean me selling one of my pride and joys to fund it.....so I'm still up in the air.....AUGH!!!!
We're not getting any younger or fitter are we...? Plus the world is changing quickly....too many people and too many in a frig'in rush!

Time will tell.....

Thanks once again and I'm in for both your books.....
Old 03-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #44
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
I have been enjoying your videos for the past month. Look forward to watching more every week. Great work and many thanks.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
Old 03-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #45
Carlo Muro
Supercàzzola

Oddometer: 2,074
Dude,

I've only watched 2 parts so far but THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!

I'm not in the habit of cursing like that but this is just how I feel about it