Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #61
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Here is the puppy shot. We suggested that the dogs name should be Magoo?

Adorable!! The PUPPY, not the rider .

Maybe next year I can see the next gen puppy.

cheers
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #62
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,884
The photos along the beach, ocean and cordon forests are just spectacular Tony! Keep it coming Team Magoo!!

Old 03-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #63
LittleWan
You can do it!

Oddometer: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
somehow, LittleWan was able to provide us with a picture of the blonde Amazon from the bar in Hotel de Jardines in San Quentin...

this was after Captain Nemo had showed her his moves......

Oh. I thought that was a dude!

Niiiiice beach photos!

but, silt sucks.

Oso bored? you can find the rest of our ride reports HERE
make stupid your favorite!
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #64
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,574
Remember the Amazon lady, the one without pics? Well I had to make my Ateam Murdock moves on these drooling senorita's while ramping up for dinner or winding down from the ride, whatever. These ladies wanted me to talk to them all night long, shoot pool and buy them drinks. But, I dropped them like a bad habit, I have no time for this silliness as I am Team Magoo! I think the line was we are in a gang in Albuquerque, the East Side Magoo's, the hook was set.

Team Magoo was applauding and saluting Ateam. Dude.....

This is all fuzzy memories of the night before. Baja Dayz.

Ride Day 3

From Catavinia we head back west and towards coastline and in case I didn't mention it, some beach ridding.

The terrain gradually changes into wide basins.

We ride into a basin. This picture is my favorite. Big Sprocket way out in front, Captn' Nemo following. This is sticky material here me thinks. Epic!

A stop in Rosarto for gas at a hardware, convenience store and 6 gallon cans of gas behind the counter. We also met a group of riders who were camping at a nearby beach. The store was making arrangements for a ball joint or a wheel bearing to be shipped for their 4 wheel drive truck. I think they were doing day rides from near here, camping on the beach and fishing. A great vacation for young kids and parents for sure. We talked a while about our ride to date, I think there were several that wanted to load up bags on their bikes and go on with us.

Back to the coastal riding, heading south. There were many places like this. I stopped and quickly grabbed this photo, but we typically just cruised on by places like this.

We finally get to ride on a beach. This is something I have thought about since Magoo invited me to ride Baja and sent me the Chulapa Report. Many Baja ride reports later, I still dreamed of riding on a beach. Following the surf line, ridding fast and seeing nothing but shoreline and ocean. Oh my god how much fun riding on a beach is, as long as the tide is out and the sand is hard packed.

My mind just goes and goes looking at this picture.

We entered the beach back from this little village in the background.

This beach riding segment needs a video.

Great music and awesome riding. Watch the stand up wheelie as Chuck rolls through his gears.

We make our way into Guerro Negro, again a long day of 200 plus miles riding and check into the Cowboy Motel. We arrive at dark thirty and the entrance area is under construction. A contractors and scaffolding dream job going on here . We are chatting and I notice a large bus tour group unloading. I announce that we need to get inside and check in before the mob. So we enter and there is a couple checking in. They chat and chat, it takes a long time. In the meantime The tour bus group comes rolling in after a long day of whale watching. There is a little lady I assume is the leader of the rowdy and hearty gringo touristas. She then announces to Chris, Bruce and I that she just need to grab her keys to her room. Before we could really say anything she jumps in and proceeds to manage a 21 gun, I mean 21 key salute. This charade goes on for about 10 minutes as the native whale watcher crowd turns up the obnoxious volume. Hey Ted and Irene, you want two doubles or a single queen? Freddie, I got you a king, blah blah blah. We stand quietly and watch the Baja Walmartians pin ball their way out the door. There were a few that required some BelRay axle grease on their ass to get them through the narrow door. The creepy feel of rude American tourists tingles in the lobby air.

We finally get our rooms. Have a few liquids to maintain proper hydration and make our way to the restaurant Malarrimo.

This place is nice and the waiter is on the ball. However, I hear, I smell, I sense and feel the presence of the rude American's. They have occupied Malarrimo's. We did have a bit of conversation with the whale watchers, but it was not entirely jovial. I felt ashamed and embarrassed to be a citizen of the USA or associated with these, people. In Mexico or elsewhere outside the USA, I try to show respect, try to speak the language, embrace the culture and the people. Truly the people of Baja is the icing on the cake when riding here. I think our waiter understood how we felt. But aside from the whale watchers being watched by whales encounters, it was just a fantastic day and the Oboma head road was brutal but part and parcel of Baja.

Did you like the beach nirvana and quarter mile high speed beach wheelie.

AteamNM screwed with this post 09-21-2013 at 01:56 PM
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #65
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Quote:

^ THIS is now my desktop (if that's ok with you)! AWESOME pic, ATeam!!

Quote:
...these 16 beers were an offering to the 525 EXC god?? Sounds like a plan, or at least worth the try!

thanks for the pics!

cheers
Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #66
benwiggin2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
So we enter and there is a couple checking in. They chat and chat, it takes a long time. In the meantime The tour bus group comes rolling in after a long day of whale watching. There is a little lady I assume is the leader of the rowdy and hearty gringo touristas. She then announces to Chris, Bruce and I that she just need to grab her keys to her room. Before we could really say anything she jumps in and proceeds to manage a 21 gun, I mean 21 key salute. This charade goes on for about 10 minutes as the native whale watcher crowd turns up the obnoxious volume. Hey Ted and Irene, you want two doubles or a single queen? Freddie, I got you a king, blah blah blah. We stand quietly and watch the Baja Walmartians pin ball their way out the door. There were a few that required some BelRay axle grease on their ass to get them through the narrow door. The creepy feel of rude American tourists tingles in the lobby air.

This place is nice and the waiter is on the ball. However, I hear, I smell, I sense and feel the presence of the rude American's. They have occupied Malarrimo's. We did have a bit of conversation with the whale watchers, but it was not entirely jovial. I felt ashamed and embarrassed to be a citizen of the USA or associated with these, people. In Mexico or elsewhere outside the USA, I try to show respect, try to speak the language, embrace the culture and the people. Truly the people of Baja is the icing on the cake when riding here. I think our waiter understood how we felt. But aside from the whale watchers being watched by whales encounters, it was just a fantastic day and the Oboma head road was brutal but part and parcel of Baja.

Now lets see if I can throw together a clip of beach nirvana and maybe a quarter mile high speed beach wheelie.
Nicely wriiten with great descriptions! Loving it! Thank you!!!!!
benwiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #67
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwiggin2 View Post
Nicely wriiten with great descriptions! Loving it! Thank you!!!!!

Thank you. We were so happy to not see WhaleMartians for the rest of the trip. My Baja Beach video in nearly finished processing.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #68
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Enjoying the report.....but.....when you say:
" I hear, I smell, I sense and feel the presence of the
rude American's....I felt ashamed and embarrassed to be a citizen of
the USA or associated with these, people. In Mexico or elsewhere
outside the USA, I try to show respect....."....

and then say: " a fantastic day and the Oboma head road" there is a bit of a disconnect there

Just don't see the respect there?

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #69
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,273
believe me, those Obama-head rocks in that road commanded respect....

_Magoo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #70
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
And believe me....I respect the perils of "babyheads" as well....just have a problem with the reference term being a bit racist...

Not trying to be a jerk here....just picking up on the "ugly american" note mentioned earlier.....

I have seen it all over Baja....and sometimes it is the dirtbikers doing the rude stuff.

Looking forward to more pics and stories....it looks like you guys were having fun....first time in Baja is often life-changing for some.

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #71
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,146
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._n_992712.html I think you are mistaken. I'm sure nothing racist was meant.

joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #72
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,884
Waiting for some beach video Tony!

How was the weather during this portion of the ride? It looks a bit overcast and cool judging by the photos. When we left Catavina on the 2010 ride, it was the coldest day of our ride and the only day we had to wear the rain jackets (for warmth, not rain).

Keep it coming boys!!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #73
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,992

Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #74
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post
Enjoying the report.....but.....when you say:
" I hear, I smell, I sense and feel the presence of the
rude American's....I felt ashamed and embarrassed to be a citizen of
the USA or associated with these, people. In Mexico or elsewhere
outside the USA, I try to show respect....."....

and then say: " a fantastic day and the Oboma head road" there is a bit of a disconnect there

Just don't see the respect there?
Hey I hear what your saying. When I talk of the American's being rude, I meant they were loud and obnoxious. Oh snap, that is me. The kettle is black I tell you. Oboma heads is such an accurate description that being a farm boy, a country boy, a hill billy and what some stereo type me as being a red neck can relate to. Doesn't paint the visual picture when you say Al Sharpton head, or OJ Head, Micheal Jackson or Micheal head, Cain head or Cosby head, well actually Cosby head does have a ring. However, your comment carries merit to a point. In consolation, I will hereby now and forever forward, refer to those hard, round, black rocks with an even blacker cover of moto tire on top as:

Charla Heads.

Charla is the best second place vernacular that I can think of when referring to the rocks in imbedded in the road or hidden in deep sand. Here is a very good picture of Charla heads.

What's a charlahead?

A charlahead is a big, hard, extremely loose and rolly-polly rock right in the road. Some roads have a few charlaheads scattered about, but often on our local roads here in the mountains of Colorado, the road is made up entirely of loose rolly-polly charlaheads, which makes passage very difficult for two-wheeled vehicles. Charlaheads can be of various shapes, both round and square, but they are generally enormous in relation to the rocks we'd prefer to ride on. Charlaheads are so named because they resemble our good friend Charla's giant, bulbous head.

To whit:

I think this will work. (See most awesome ride report here: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=617)

Here is the report
Palapa Chair

Eight make believe internet friends and one hoodwinked cousin go on a trip. For those of you who are familiar with these eight friends you will know right now that this ride report is going to be a huge cluster and probably impossible to follow.

We don't care. That's the way we roll.

A few months ago one of said friends posts in a thread "Baja January 2010!" and this simple comment was followed by a resounding chorus of "IN's!"

Somehow or another we actually got our shit together and made the trip happen.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...t=palapa+chair

Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #75
jesse18
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Awesome progress on the RR. Walmartians are alway going to show up...just gotta zone them out. Beach riding looks like pure sex.
jesse18 is offline   Reply With Quote