Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Twohondas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,159
I have the two rail 2000 lb rated trailer. I added an optional third center rail but this does not give you a 3 bike capacity just a place for a single bike if you do not want to load it on the side.

I have the original trailer ramp, which is not as wide as the new slightly modified "Drive Up" ramp that is being offered as an option now. Because the loading height is so low I just push up or walk my smaller bikes on the trailer.

When I load my Wing I use another ramp for my feet and do drive it up. This has never been an issue for me.

Kendon says the 3 rail design is mostly for dirt bikes and has a 1500lb rating as some folks have already pointed out. I think they suggest you can load a couple of sport bikes or one big bike.

I have never had an issue with towing the two rail version to include putting a Wing on one side. It is dream to tow and even better to store.
Twohondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #17
scottfromboston
Turd poker.

Oddometer: 146
Mine is the shit - by far the best option (perhaps the only option) for towing two bikes with my wimpy little Subaru.

I move the spare tire in order to balance the trailer as necessary - helps quite a bit. By doing this, three people, two bikes, and a car full of trackday necessities are no problem.

2002 FZ-1
1999 SV650 Trackbike
scottfromboston is offline   Reply With Quote