User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
davidb21 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Low profile or flush mount turn signals needed

Hey all i have a klr 250 and the floppy stock turn signals either break or my fork mount ends up bending so im looking for a low profile or even better flush mount signal.

The main thing is it needs to be very durable, i really dont use my signals so im not worried about it not being as visible.

Thanks for any suggestions,
David
davidb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,129
Why not these.............
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853013

Cheers
Old 03-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb21 View Post
Hey all i have a klr 250 and the floppy stock turn signals either break or my fork mount ends up bending so im looking for a low profile or even better flush mount signal.

The main thing is it needs to be very durable, i really dont use my signals so im not worried about it not being as visible.

David
Ebay. Tons of 'em....
Old 03-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,789
After wasting money and time for years replaceing and fixing broken turn signals I finally found a cost effective solution. Since I've done this I haven't had one failure.

Get four of these... http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Ligh.../MCL11AKB.html

One of these... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And get creative. The fronts are mounted in the handgaurds and the rears are pushed into a short length of 5/8" heater hose and zip tied to the inner fender. Many more possibilities though

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb21 View Post

David
Put 4" amber flexible adhesive LED strips on the handguards and the extreme rear sides of the rear fender. I got mine from Autozone. Advance Auto and others have them too. Use an LED-compatible flasher unit. You can even carry a spare signal in a pocket or tankbag. They're tiny. The po-po may want to mess with you if you act like a twat-waffle though. Many aftermarket lighting solutions are NOT street-legal/DOT.

P.S.- START USING YOUR SIGNALS! It's more considerate of the twat-waffles around you, and the po-po is less likely to mess with you.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
davidb21 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
Put 4" amber flexible adhesive LED strips on the handguards and the extreme rear sides of the rear fender. I got mine from Autozone. Advance Auto and others have them too. Use an LED-compatible flasher unit. You can even carry a spare signal in a pocket or tankbag. They're tiny. The po-po may want to mess with you if you act like a twat-waffle though. Many aftermarket lighting solutions are NOT street-legal/DOT.

P.S.- START USING YOUR SIGNALS! It's more considerate of the twat-waffles around you, and the po-po is less likely to mess with you.
I try to use them but the switch is the annoying kind that you have to manually push the button to the middle so i either forget or overshoot the return and people think im turning again

For some reason the cops dont mess with me, im always coming home from work at 1am and stop by the 7-11 on the way home which is a cop hangout spot and they never seem to look twice at me...they might recognize my bike because in the summers i wear my security jacket from work on the way home

I dont really care about the car drivers, i dont want to rely on them seeing my blinkers, i just do my job of making sure its clear and go for it im usually pretty far ahead of any cars when i change lanes

I like the idea of the amber reflective tape and tiny led i think im going to go with that, it should be enough to not get a ticket.
davidb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post

Those lights I use are DOT. The only thing that makes them not 100% legal on the rear is the mounting position. I have them mounted too close to center. Fronts are fine.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
Those lights I use are DOT. The only thing that makes them not 100% legal on the rear is the mounting position. I have them mounted too close to center. Fronts are fine.
If the rears are amber instead of red, they might still be legal, regardless of spread from the tail-light. Read your local laws carefully if you think it could be an issue.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote