Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Ask Baldy, blame AceRph
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Valker OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Site acting strange....or it's probably me.

I can see everything fine since the slight format change a few weeks ago, but I cannot mark forums read. Every time I try, I get this message:

vBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Any thoughts (I should know better than to ask that here) as to what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
rch10007
Dotted Quad Ranger

Oddometer: 39
Same here...sent an email to the admin but never heard anything. I tried using different browsers with different settings and its the same all around.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Russ

Oddometer: 15,319
Clear your cookies on all your devices that you use to access adv and change the forum skin back to the one you were previously using, there are 2 ways either from the bottom of the page (quick style chooser) or from your user control panel > edit options > forum skin.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
rch10007
Dotted Quad Ranger

Oddometer: 39
I didn't clear any cookies but I did try a different skin. I went with the 2.0 one and the link works again. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,291
Thanks for starting/contributing to this thread. I had/have the same problem and emailing the admin, as suggested by the error message, was not answered.

For me, the problem manifested itself only if I used the "Quick Links > Mark Forums Read" menu commands; if I instead used one of the "Mark Forums Read" buttons on the main index window, I didn't have the problem. This button is scattered around in various places depending on which skin you're using and only appears, as far as I can tell, on the main index window, so I didn't even know it was there. Some skins seem to not have the problem (e.g., Fresh, Advrider 2.0) no matter which command/button you use.

Anyway, for me using the button rather than the menu command seems to solve it. Or just do a quick/temporary change to the "Fresh" skin using the quick style chooser at the bottom before using the menu command. I first reset cookies and this did nothing, so I don't think this has much to do with it.

- Mark

markjenn screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 08:48 AM
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: