ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Do you have a Garmin 66x and Scala G4/SRC and does the music skip after a few hours?
I use a different headset and it works for 3+ hours of music 0 0%
I have a G4/SRC and I have never listened to MP3 for over 3 hours from the Garmin 0 0%
I have a G4/SRC and I have listened to MP3 for over 3 hours from the Garmin and it never failed 0 0%
I have a G4/SRC and have listened to MP3 for 3+ hours from the GPS and it stops after 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
pauleknight OP
Need Cool Name Here

Oddometer: 281
More Garmin and Scala (SRC) problems / woes continue

OK, here is the story...

I have had 3 660 and two 665 from Garmin over the last 2 years and also a Scala Rider and a TWO Schuberth SRC bluetooth systems.

EVERY Garmin / Scala / SRC combination has had the same problem.

After 2+ hours or so, the MP3 player starts to skip (it goes silent) for a few seconds. The player continues to "play" but no music or audio thru the Bluetooth speakers.

The music skips and comes back in and then skips more frequently and then stays "silent" longer till it cuts out completely.

Like I said this has happened across 5 different Garmin GPSs and 3 scala/SRC systems

In fact jsut last weeek I just got a brand new SRC and GARMIN 665LM and went for a 3 hour ride today and after 2+ hours it started skipping. The ONLY commonality is my HEAD and MY BIKE.

It would not be so bad if all I had to do was re "pair" the SRC / Garmin but in the past it would start to skip right away after I re"paired" the set and then quick this time go out completely.

Interesting enough, my iPhone plays music over the bluetooth for 10+ hours thru the SRC but the Garmin /SRC combo fails miserably.

I am reaching out to this wide audience to see if anyone CAN use their GARMIN and Scala/SRC for over 3 hours or longer of MP3 over bluetooth and NOT have it cut out like it does for me.

PLEASE let me know if yours works or what your experience is.

THANKS in advance.

Paul Knight
Old 03-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
pauleknight OP
Need Cool Name Here

Garmin / Scala (SRC) music skipping and then stopping

I am posting this here because I tried 6 different forums and EVERYONE is having similar problems and there has to be a fix from the vendors..

Please if yours works for 3+ hours and the music does not skip / stop please let me know.

OK, here is the story...

I have had 3 660 and two 665 from Garmin over the last 2 years and also a Scala Rider and a TWO Schuberth SRC bluetooth systems.

EVERY Garmin / Scala / SRC combination has had the same problem.

After 2+ hours or so, the MP3 player starts to skip (it goes silent) for a few seconds. The player continues to "play" but no music or audio thru the bluetooth speakers.

The music skips and comes back in and then skips more frequently and then stays "silent" longer till it cuts out completly.

Like I said this has happened across 5 different Garmin GPSs and 3 scala/SRC systems

In fact jsut last weeek I just got a brand new SRC and GARMIN 665LM and went for a 3 hour ride today and after 2+ hours it started skipping. The ONLY commonality is my HEAD and MY BIKE.

It would not be so bad if all I had to do was re "pair" the SRC / Garmin but in the past it would start to skip right away after I re"paired" the set and then quick this time go out completely.

Interesting enough, my iPhone plays music over the bluetooth for 10+ hours thru the SRC but the Garmin /SRC combo fails miserably.

I am reaching out to this wide audience to see if anyone CAN use their GARMIN and Scala/SRC for over 3 hours or longer of MP3 over bluetooth and NOT have it cut out like it does for me.

PLEASE let me know if yours works or what your experience is.

THANKS in advance.

Paul Knight
Old 03-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
pauleknight OP
Need Cool Name Here

Can you tell which headset / Garmin you use

If you are not using a Garmin 66x and a Scala G4 / SRC can you tell us which combination you are using?

Thanks