Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #241
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,486
For all the impatient need it now types there is an option -$15000 is the cost.

Just be patient - the extra time will evaporate once you have it
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #242
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
I keeps my money waiting, and the bike is waiting too! Cannot wait!
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #243
McCardigan
happy Budda

Oddometer: 2,944
Here is a little teaser, Corey had the 1st 2 prototypes at the Canadian GS challenge at Rocky Mountain RV park on the weekend. As he said, these 2 are examples only, not the finished product. But they look the goods, compact and will be protected by the pannier frames when fitted

Chris

And proud 7th Day Adventourist
McCardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #244
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,472

You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #245
MCMXCIVRS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,218
I was out testing another of the early pre-production tanks all last week in BC. Longest distance on a single fill up was 485 Kms (301 miles). I was pushing the range on that leg, and never really made much effort to conserve fuel. At one point I had to backtrack about 25Kms due to a washed out road, which used up a litre or more too. I found out the mileage estimate is pretty close to dead on on the trip computer. It said I was going to run out about three kms before I did. I wasn't worried though as I still had 2L in MSR bottles and was only 1/2 Km to Nakusp and a gas station. Without the Camel tank, I would have had to divert off my route long before to find gas.

Durability is proving out just fine. I pounded it hard over some pretty rough roads out there. Just doing my part to ensure you all get a great product from Cory.

2009 BMW F800GS, 2008 BMW K1200GT
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #246
freud
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
This weekend I craved for a tank like this . I decided to fill the tank in the next station after a meal, I isually stop there but usually i take a detour a couple of kms later and there's a gas station at 5km more or less. I did that, what i didn't expect to happen was that the nex station was located at 140km from the restaurant taking the other route.

The computer suddenly changed the numbers and stole 30km from my range after a forced stop due to road repairs. And i was suposed to have 20km left after the gas station, now it was 10km before the gas station, and having riden half the way it was the sme if I stayed or continued. The computer said the fuel was over 7 km later there was the station the computer actualy displayed this "---"

The tank took 17.3Liters (it's suposed to hold 16L fortunately it's bigger than that). Last three kilometers were a descent. Maybe I would have made it 1 km more, who knows?.

I rode 349km total with that tank which includes: 1 week of street commuting rides with a total of 96km, aprox 150kms on road at 120km/h, and the rest were ridden at steady 100km/h, with plenty of steep hills and lots of hope. But the bike made it. Wow what a range! A tank like this won't certainly avoid those those circumsances but the agony will endure longer, hahaha.

....No fuel pumps were harmed during this ride.

will keep on waiting for the camel tank

freud screwed with this post 08-19-2013 at 05:07 PM
freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #247
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,472
17.3l seems you are one step away from having a custom adventure tank on your 8GS. Never got more then 15.7l in it and that was when the computer gave me about 20kms left. I want your extra liter on my bike! what mods do I need, subframe? Stiffer suspensions + Indy kit? And what kind of oil are you using to get that range
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #248
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post

All the supporting parts (fuel cap, brackets, fasteners, hoses, clamps, decals, etc) are here and have been for well over a month. The actual tanks are sitting in Customs awaiting clearance and unfortunately there isn't a damn thing I can do about it

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #249
freud
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
17.3l Never got more then 15.7l in it and that was when the computer gave me about 20kms left.

That's exactly my point, if you think about it it's the same you had: 20kms left on your computer which Is like a liter of fuel depending on the speed, and I discovered the wrong way that the 4 liters reserve is actualy like a 5 liter reserve, where the engineers know there's people like me and lie a little in order to protect the bike.

I exhausted the tank according to the computer and then I went a few kms more, plus the specs on the bike say you must fill it to the point where the red plastic thingy begins, you can add more or less a liter before the bike spills when the bike is straight, I discovered that one day I was chatting while filling the tank I filled it to the top, if you stay by half of the red thing on the gas cap the bike is about to burst when straight if you lean the bike to the right it will start to spill, there was the point where the bike stops spilling... hehe.

Driving steady and around 100km/h without stopping, the bike must be able to give you 400km (25km/L)

BTW when I said with a tank like this i meant the OEM f8gs tank traht you and me and everyone has, and comparing to ohter non 8gs bikes like harleys or even the gs650gs

freud screwed with this post 08-19-2013 at 05:25 PM
freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #250
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
""The actual tanks are sitting in Customs awaiting clearance and unfortunately there isn't a damn thing I can do about it
__________________""
Who's customs ?
Which side of the fence ?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #251
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS View Post
I was out testing another of the early pre-production tanks all last week in BC. Longest distance on a single fill up was 485 Kms (301 miles). I was pushing the range on that leg, and never really made much effort to conserve fuel. At one point I had to backtrack about 25Kms due to a washed out road, which used up a litre or more too. I found out the mileage estimate is pretty close to dead on on the trip computer. It said I was going to run out about three kms before I did. I wasn't worried though as I still had 2L in MSR bottles and was only 1/2 Km to Nakusp and a gas station. Without the Camel tank, I would have had to divert off my route long before to find gas.

Durability is proving out just fine. I pounded it hard over some pretty rough roads out there. Just doing my part to ensure you all get a great product from Cory.
I'm glad it continues to work well for you Ed. I appreciate the help with testing

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #252
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
How many you got coming in?

How much you charging?

Do you ship to Australia?

That's about it for now. Keep up the good work.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #253
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Power View Post
""The actual tanks are sitting in Customs awaiting clearance and unfortunately there isn't a damn thing I can do about it
__________________""
Who's customs ?
Which side of the fence ?
Canadian Customs.

The supporting parts are made/purchased in Canada but the tanks are molded in China. We requested quotes from 12 companies in 3 countries (Canada, US and Mexico). Most didn't even bother to reply, a few emailed back and said they had no interest in molding fuel tanks due to liability concerns, a couple companies quoted but due to the relatively small number of tanks we will be producing the cost was extremely high. We would have had to charge twice what we are.

I went back and forth about working with a Chinese manufacturer for months. I looked at several companies before I picked one to make a prototype (the first pic in the thread). I was very impressed with the quality. I flew to China to tour the factory and meet the staff. The facility was top notch and I spent a week working with the roto-molding team to ensure the product was up to my expectations.

We have worked hard to produce a top quality product. To the best of my knowledge the Camel Tank is the only molded auxiliary tank that uses a threaded bronze insert for the filler and a billet aluminum fuel cap. Both brackets for the BMW alloy pannier application are 304 stainless steel, the non-BMW pannier application is 304SS front bracket and powder-coated rear bracket instead of painted mild steel.

I know some people will be concerned by Chinese molding, I was too but after touring the facility and working with the team my mind is at ease.

Cory

Old 08-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #254
philratton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanco View Post

I know some people will be concerned by Chinese molding, I was too but after touring the facility and working with the team my mind is at ease.

Cory
I won't!
Waiting hard for this one!
Very nice work.
philratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #255
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
How many you got coming in?

How much you charging?

Do you ship to Australia?

That's about it for now. Keep up the good work.
1) The first order is 300 but shipping in batches of 50 as soon as they are completed. Almost all of the first 50 are spoken for (people that have already PM'd me here). We aren't stopping when the 300 are complete obviously, they'll just continue cranking them out until I say stop.

2) $499

3) Yes, we will be shipping to 'stralia. There has been a ton of interest there, I'm guessing due to the year round riding season, large population of F series bikes and lack of fuel in far away places