aka Oso Blanco

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbuck View Post
may 1st you say. hmmmmm............

by my math, that's 8 sleeps as well.

this is getting exciting !

ken.
I thought you were excited about the V2 tank! The tethered caps won't be ready May 1. I'll post up when they are though

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #362
bearbuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel ADV View Post
I thought you were excited about the V2 tank! The tethered caps won't be ready May 1. I'll post up when they are though

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/154297.png

bearbuck screwed with this post 04-24-2014 at 05:25 AM
bearbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:49 AM   #363
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Version 2 pre-sales

All the version 2 pre-sales went out on May 1, everybody should have their orders by the end of this week

We have a few more V2 tanks available. They will be permanently added to the products/shopping cart page on our site on Tuesday

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Old 05-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #364
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,646
Took the tank on another 350 mile trek through the desert southwest, and yet again the tank is performing awesome. It survived sand, river crossings, gravel, a little rock hopping, and even a short nap. Video of the tank @ lunch break.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk7C0J9In8E

Continuously impressed about this invention.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #365
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Took the tank on another 350 mile trek through the desert southwest, and yet again the tank is performing awesome. It survived sand, river crossings, gravel, a little rock hopping, and even a short nap. Video of the tank @ lunch break.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk7C0J9In8E

Continuously impressed about this invention.
I'm glad it's working well for you

Old 05-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #366
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

We're happy to have Ride West BMW of Seattle onboard with Camel Tank! Give them a call and they can get you set up.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #367
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Sale on "blem" or "factory seconds" tanks

I've got some tank kits that have minor surface imperfections (just cosmetic) on the tank or brackets. There are some CT-A, CT-B and the new CT-V2 tanks available for $425 shipped.

You can order off the site but will be charged $499, I'll refund the difference or you can email me and I'll send you a PayPal invoice for $425.

When you order let me know you want a discounted blem tank and
cory@cameltank.com

Camel ADV screwed with this post 05-07-2014 at 12:04 AM
Old 05-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #368
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 743
Just finished installing mine yesterday. It took close to 1 1/2 hours, but that involved taking apart the top box base plate, rear rack, panniers and two runs to the store - one for beer, and another for a 13mm deep socket for the SW Motech studs.

Looking at the finished product, I can't say enough about the quality. The gas tank is OEM-looking, all the brackets were perfectly machined, and everything just slid in without any drama. This is probably the smoothest accessory install I've done so far, and I've farkled plenty. Cory, congrats on making a great product. I have no idea how you provide a quality accessory for this low a price.

I'll post some pics later, gotta take the bike out for a spin.

One question, is the V2 tank different from the V1s? I thought the only difference was in the lower mounting bracket, but mine says 7L instead of 7.1L. I don't care about the 100ml, I am mostly curious.
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #369
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Glad it went smoothly for you. The V2 tank is a similar but different design. It's shorter to make room for the front mounting bracket but thicker so the volume remains the same.

Curious, did you bike have the silver one way, the black plastic splice connector or both? I've seen all three options in the last week. I'm going to have to start sending out a fitting with the tank as there seems to be a lot of variation in the US bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post
Just finished installing mine yesterday. It took close to 1 1/2 hours, but that involved taking apart the top box base plate, rear rack, panniers and two runs to the store - one for beer, and another for a 13mm deep socket for the SW Motech studs.

Looking at the finished product, I can't say enough about the quality. The gas tank is OEM-looking, all the brackets were perfectly machined, and everything just slid in without any drama. This is probably the smoothest accessory install I've done so far, and I've farkled plenty. Cory, congrats on making a great product. I have no idea how you provide a quality accessory for this low a price.

I'll post some pics later, gotta take the bike out for a spin.

One question, is the V2 tank different from the V1s? I thought the only difference was in the lower mounting bracket, but mine says 7L instead of 7.1L. I don't care about the 100ml, I am mostly curious.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:45 AM   #370
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel ADV View Post
Glad it went smoothly for you. The V2 tank is a similar but different design. It's shorter to make room for the front mounting bracket but thicker so the volume remains the same.

Curious, did you bike have the silver one way, the black plastic splice connector or both? I've seen all three options in the last week. I'm going to have to start sending out a fitting with the tank as there seems to be a lot of variation in the US bikes.
Mine is a MY2012 built in 2011. It had the silver one way, and no splicer. After attaching everything, there is some extra pipe length, but I was feeling too lazy to tidy it up - I just zip tied them in a corner. In fact, it was exactly like you said in the install video.
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #371
NCD
Dirty Hairy

Oddometer: 484
Cory, you gave me an answer via email about the one way valve - but the post here brings up another question.

I removed my check ball from the inline valve. I had the silver alloy one. The ball is porous, but became clogged, and wouldn't allow air pressure to leave the tank. My fuel lid would blow open when refueling on hot days. It did this within a year of buying my bike new. I would rather not put one back in, as the problem never returned. (I secretly think this little booger may be part of the tank cracking issue, but that's only my theory.)

Will the Camel Tank function correct without the ball in place? Is the only side effect that fuel may head to the canister if the bike falls over? So as long as I don't fall over in the first 100 miles after refilling I'm OK?
NCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #372
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCD View Post
Cory, you gave me an answer via email about the one way valve - but the post here brings up another question.

I removed my check ball from the inline valve. I had the silver alloy one. The ball is porous, but became clogged, and wouldn't allow air pressure to leave the tank. My fuel lid would blow open when refueling on hot days. It did this within a year of buying my bike new. I would rather not put one back in, as the problem never returned. (I secretly think this little booger may be part of the tank cracking issue, but that's only my theory.)

Will the Camel Tank function correct without the ball in place? Is the only side effect that fuel may head to the canister if the bike falls over? So as long as I don't fall over in the first 100 miles after refilling I'm OK?
Interesting theory that a clogged one-way valve is responsible for all the cracked factory f800 tanks, hmmm

I've had a few reports of pressurizing tanks on hot days. Like you I suspect the silver one way valve is at fault.

We recently changed our instructions to suggest omitting the valve but I have been working on a set-up that leaves the one-way in the system but vents positive pressure elsewhere. I've got a revised vent line system sorted out and will be sending these out with all kits going out in the future (a few out the door already).

Cory

Camel ADV screwed with this post 05-15-2014 at 11:57 AM
Old 05-18-2014, 03:09 AM   #373
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,241
I understand the fitment issue on Happy Trails with the cross brace, but I thought it was still possible. Don't see anything on the site about which tank, if either, you are recommending.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #374
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider View Post
I understand the fitment issue on Happy Trails with the cross brace, but I thought it was still possible. Don't see anything on the site about which tank, if either, you are recommending.
With the version 1 tank some reshaping of the cross brace required, pretty minor adjustment. I haven't had the opportunity to check the fit with the V2 yet. I believe it will for with no modifications but can't confirm at this time.

If you have the Happy Trail racks and are willing to be a guinea pig for the V2, I'm sure we can work something out.

Cory

Old 05-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #375
rey_s
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
650 single

Hi folks,

has anyone tried these tanks with the 650 gs single (sertao and dakar)?

can these fit with a bit of bracketry and mods?

thanks!
rey_s is offline   Reply With Quote