Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
You have NOT performed a proper oil change unless there is at least 1/2 liter on the garage floor and the sleeve of your shirt.......
Ha! A like minded soul.
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 637
Quote:
You have NOT performed a proper oil change unless there is at least 1/2 liter on the garage floor and the sleeve of your shirt.......

How's this?

Idle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post

I have a disorder with symtoms similar to those described here. It's called CRS. Unfortunately this disorder is not age related and I have had it for as long as I can remember........although I can't seem to remember how long that is
What are you talking about?

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #19
Bubbachicken
learning fast!

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
How's this?

Now, THAT is my luck!! "Don't put anything slick on the tread surfaces of your tires (tire dressing etc.)" and here you have not only greased them up nicely, you managed to create a nice spill at the same time! You INDEED demonstrated my level of talent! Congrats! (DOH!! )
Bubbachicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #20
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
How's this?

I give it an 8. Now if you could of managed to splash a little on your rotor and caliper......10.

I equate the oil change to the diaper change after my boy has a good ole colon blow. I dare anyone.....ANYONE.....to complete this evolution without getting shit on your hands...

It is much like the "anti-seize theorem" which states. "No matter how clinically and carefully you apply anti-seize to a component, you will get some on your hands, your face, your clothes, and other components that you did not intend to anti-seize."
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #21
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,212
Now we are really getting into the intended spirit of this thread!
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #22
mjydrafter
evil boy for life

Oddometer: 4,057
Sort of an oil change story:

I needed to change the fork oil in my old CB900c. I completely forgot to let out the 16 psi of air in the air forks.

I was lucky to find the drain plug, it came out of there like a pellet rifle. It made a complete mess of the half the garage and my clothes.

I was too mad at the time, but i wish I would have taken a picture of the oil soaked carnage.

This one took a while to clean up, luckily the oil in the forks wasn't too old and stinky either.
Yes! Whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by International Communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!
mjydrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #23
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,163
Oh Damn!
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjydrafter View Post
Sort of an oil change story:

I needed to change the fork oil in my old CB900c. I completely forgot to let out the 16 psi of air in the air forks.

I was lucky to find the drain plug, it came out of there like a pellet rifle. It made a complete mess of the half the garage and my clothes.

I was too mad at the time, but i wish I would have taken a picture of the oil soaked carnage.

This one took a while to clean up, luckily the oil in the forks wasn't too old and stinky either.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
Flyinace1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has terrible aim. I usually spill oil before I get the pan in the right spot, but then again I don't have a lift and my drain plug is right next to my center & side stand, so I'd like to think I've got a viable excuse.

2005 Yamaha FZ6 (the faster blue )
1995 Honda Magna VF750C (sold)
Flyinace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #26
DustyRags
Idiot

Oddometer: 558
Last fall I did an oil change on my old '76 Honda CB550 and found glitter. That damn oil change turned into a 50-day top-end engine rebuild project. I included a new brake like switch, brake bleed, paint, tires and muffler cleaning into it while I was at it. Then changed the oil again, and fired it up. Ran like a charm.
DustyRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #27
Flyinace1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
I managed to spill about 2 liters on my grandma's garage floor the first time I changed the oil in my FZ6. Got it all cleaned up and she never knew it was there...luckily

2005 Yamaha FZ6 (the faster blue )
1995 Honda Magna VF750C (sold)
Flyinace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #28
mjydrafter
evil boy for life

Oddometer: 4,057
Back when I was a youngin I was a kind of a trouble maker, so one of my punishments was community service at the YMCA...

So the guy I answered to was pretty cool, but he had me working one really nice Saturday afternoon, stripping and re-waxing the floor of a large community room. Then he had me change the oil in his personal truck... This was before I could drive, so I wasn't much of a wrench.

Anyway, I poured a couple of quarts of his fresh oil right into the used oil pan... Luckily I got to learn that lesson on his dime... I really didn't do it on purpose, but looking back it was pretty damn funny. He got a bit more mad than he should have, for making work on his personal shit. Luckily my "time" was up that afternoon, or he would have had me doing really shitty jobs, no doubt.
Yes! Whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by International Communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!
mjydrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #29
bogey78
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
I hate to say it but I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets into these messes. I am notorious for turning 30 min jobs into all day jobs. My wife of 10 years just rolls her eyes when I say "piece of cake, it'll take me 15 to 20 minutes." She also rolls her eyes when I emphatically say "I'm not changing clothes, I'm not gonna get dirty." This past Saturday, I installed a new toilet in my parents house. It was supposed to take an hour. Started at 9:00 and finished at 1:00. 45 minutes of that was carrying the "new" toilet back to the store because it wasn't new after all. I'm no plumber, but I know a mashed up wax ring is not standard on the new bowl
IBA#33560
bogey78 is offline   Reply With Quote