User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
SuppersReady OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Riding jeans that aren't "Mom" jeans?

I received a pair of AGV jeans as a gift; althought they are generally a decent fit in the waist & length, they are enormous in every other aspect (high waist/baggy throughout).

I have a pair of SHIFT Torque jeans that I like, but you can't find them anymore. I also have some KLIM stuff, but am looking for jeans.....

I'm a typical 34/30....

Recommendations?
SuppersReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
klrnohio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Laugh

Have a pair of Dragon jeans that fit well. More like regular old levis than the baggy fit. I did ride to their factory in North Carolina to try them on first. They had seconds for cheaper but you have to really look them over to see why. May be just a return or slightly off in size. Lasted a few years till I stained them in some funky WVa mud last summer.
klrnohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
klrnohio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Oops? That is Draggin jeans
klrnohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
try and find a pair of icon barrier jeans, they have been discontinued but the old ones look normal and are so very warm.

4 layers

fleece
windproof\waterproof barrier
kevlar
denim
then more keval and denim in the knees and seat
then another layer of denim in the knees.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
AzItLies
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Draggin Jeans use to have a "classic fit", as mentioned above, that were quite normal. I have a pair and really like them.

Last I looked though, all they seem to have now is the "relaxed fit", which I know from an ordering mistake, is enormously wide.

Cortech also makes some nice jeans, but they are leather inside and not kevlar like the draggin jeans. No big deal imho, I have a pair of them too and they fit quite nicely.

Good luck with it, Cheers

OOPS! Just checked the draggin Jeans website and sure enough, they have the "Classic" fit available. I'd highly recommend them, they actually fit like a normal jeans relaxed fit. But the Draggin Jeans relaxed fit is really big and wide.

AzItLies screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 07:15 PM
AzItLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Phat Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
If you have $400 to spend: http://www.maplemoto.com/

The dainese d6 might fit decent too being an Italian company and all.
Phat Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
Huladog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Try Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans

http://www.americangusset.com

Started off with Draggin' Jeans, then switched to Diamond Gusset Defenders with Kevlar linings which you can get in odd numbered waist sizes like 35 inches (yeah, it really makes a difference when a 34 is too snug and a 36 is too big).

They have some nice touches like velcro straps on the cuffs to snug around your boots beside their added gusset in the crotch for a bit more room when seated on the bike.

Aloha,
Huladog
Huladog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #8
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
Draggins are a wee bit baggy. DG Defenders are more of a straight cut and less dorky looking.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #9
Valentino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Bull-it or Esquad

Perhaps Bull-it's new Voloce jeans: http://bull-it.com/

Or if you want French style, check out http://www.esquad.fr/

Bull-it Veloce jeans are tested to be ultra-safe and look top notch. The Esquad range includes some stylish jeans. I can testify that Esquad jeans are comfortable in very hot weather, much like regular jeans.

http://www.esquad.fr/films_en.html

Valentino screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 03:45 AM
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:51 AM   #10
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,324
For those on more of a KLR budget, try Duluth Trading.

They have some "fire hose" jeans with reinforced crotch, more robust fabric and other features that lend themself well to stradling a bike for $59 bucks. They aint French or nuttin dough.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/work-pants-for-men/86125.aspx

Not sure if that works for ya, might for someone else.
On my list to give em a try for casual riding, trips or day to day wearing.
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #11
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,437
I bought the Duluth Trading Co. Ultimate Fire Hose Work pants.

They have a double knee, with velcro bottom. You can get $8 knee pads for them, and I did...they are back ordered.

Only worn them once so far, with my off road knee pads strapped to my legs under them. This caused my Gearne boots to be pushed out a bit at the shin, and the cuff wouldn't go over the boots, so I tucked them in. They seem to be a tad baggy, but not bad. Great on the bike, and not bad off of it. They are heavy but still comfortable. Nice compromise for shorter rides. I will go for a street ride with them sometime soon.

Cargo pockets are great. Velcro with different internal pouches for stuff. I had my wallet, cell phone and a multi-tool in them, and didn't notice it at all. The velcro will keep the stuff in too...unlike most of my other cargo pants/shorts.

YMMV, but so far I like them.

I would like to get a pair of RHOK jeans though. Those look nice.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RHOK-Gen3-PE...839d8b&vxp=mtr

Cheers,
5th

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #12
BCinMD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
I know you said the AGVs you received were too loose / baggy, but they have a new style in their lineup that I just purchased - the AGV Sport Corsica Kevlar Jeans - that you may like.

I have tried Draggin jeans, Diamond Gussett Defenders*, and Duluth Trading Firehouse pants, and these new AGV Corsicas fit the best of all of them. I am usually a 33" waist, which has made it difficult to find good fitting riding jeans. The Draggins are 32", which were OK for me five years ago, but now when I put them on my voice goes up an octave. I ordered the DG Defenders since they actually offered a 33" waist size, but they are so freaking huge on me it looks like I'm 20 lbs heavier. I like the DT Firehouse pants, but they too have become a bit snug on me, and really - without the Kevlar, I don't think they are quite as abrasion resistant.

The new AGV Corsica's (which I ordered in a 34" waist since they don't offer 33") fit me very well - they fit more like Levis - and even have a button fly. The waist is a touch loose, nothing a belt won't solve. But the fit in the seat and legs is great. Highly recommended.

*My DG Defender's are for sale in the flea market thread. Only worn once.
'09 Kymco Xciting 250Ri
- gone
'96 Nighthawk 750
- gone but not forgotten
BCinMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
bimmer5891
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Drayko Jeans

We just brought in Drayko jeans.Very similar to Draggin jeans which we also carry,but appear to be better constructed. Definitely worth a look.
http://parts.crosscountrycycle.net BMW, Ducati, Triumph Parts Fiche
http://www.crosscountrycycle.net Main Website
bimmer5891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #14
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 195
I have a pair of Draggin Utility jeans and they are baggy as hell. I just bought a pair of AGV sport Corsica Kevlar Jeans and they fit like actual jeans !! They even have pockets in the knees for armor and fit well enough that I am reasonably confident that the armor might actually stay where it is supposed to in the event of an off. The Denim itself feels "soft", but there is plenty of kevlar beneath it and a layer of mesh to keep the scratchy kevlar away from you !!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #15
la's
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Are we talking lady jeans? If yes, then I am embarrassed to admit that you might want to look at the icon standard jean. Embarrassed, because they are just short of being hip huggers and although they have that Kevlar like lining, it isn't on the butt. I have all of what is considered the good stuff, BMW, red route, alpine stars, tourmaster w/ the perforated leather inlays, draggin, hood (which do not fit otherwise I would wear them), and what gets worn all of the time? That's right, the icon standards. I bought six because I like them that much. Of course, I only rotate through two of them, because who needs six? I do wear a belt with them and that makes me feel like I am counteracting the near hip hugger thing. Hopefully this is a little helpful. No need to make fun of all my gear efforts folks, step aside nothing to see. I already know it is ridiculous.
la's is offline   Reply With Quote