Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
Griffin44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt81 View Post
Kid in Vancouver posted a Ghostrider type ride on Youtube, cops tracked it down . Can't remember just how it went down but seems to me he did face some charges.
As I recall the story, it was Victoria, not Vancouver and they tracked the bike which was owned by his mother, then they leaned on her till the kid confessed.

It was a notorious ride up the Sea to Sky highway at high speeds that garnered lots of attention. An objective review of the footage didn't support the "driving like an insane murderer and babies are going to die" reaction of the mainstream press. The guy was riding very fast but under control, I thought.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
How about a cop busted due to their DashCam

http://www.wistv.com/story/21792798/...-cavity-search

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #18
daveinva
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
This was a few years ago, and not on youtube. But a rider was pulled for reckless (passed on double yellow or similiar) going over Thornton's Gap on 211 near Sperryville VA. You will not always get arrested for reckless but I guess the State Trooper was not in the mood. Guy had a helmet cam which was confiscated. Commonwealths Attorney saw the tape which showed this guy running well over 120mph on mountain roads and making multiple dangerous passes. From what I remember they threw the book at the dude.

He caused the initial issue and traffic stop but he did not make things any better with 30 minutes of video showing him riding like a douchewaffle.
There's one long straight going west on 211 before you hit the pass that I could totally see getting up to 120 on. But once *in* the Gap? I have trouble staying above 40 mph, and I'd literally brown my pants going anything over 50 mph.
daveinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
Cerberus83
The Wingman

Oddometer: 142
ACAB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fIMXTRNBBw
Cerberus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
HH
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post
I know a guy who got busted from the DEC for riding on state lands. I guess I wasn't aware that this was happening or that it could happen. Anybody else got a ticket in the mail for breaking the law?

just about everything we ride on is state land
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #21
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,139
A few years ago, a bunch of atv guys filmed themselves tearing up a swampy area in a Mass State forest and then posted it online. I don't recall whether they were fined or whatnot,,, but the greenies and the DEP used the video as evidence in helping to get almost all trails closed to motorized vehicles in Mass.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
There's one long straight going west on 211 before you hit the pass that I could totally see getting up to 120 on. But once *in* the Gap? I have trouble staying above 40 mph, and I'd literally brown my pants going anything over 50 mph.
This was a few years ago so details are slim. But he had taken random video on the ride. But on the Front Royal side there are a few stretches that you can wick it up pretty good. Not affraid to admit...in the "sportbike" days of my youth, I was definitely part of the problem on that particular stretch of road. Never went down myself but helped many others pick themselves and bike parts off that stretch of road. Then came the lower speed limits, increased enforcement and for the trifecta.....the rumble strips at corner entries.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder View Post
citation needed.
Or what?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #24
skag
ResistsEnlightenment

Oddometer: 351
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XPty7nUafg

They still havent caught these guys despite offering rewards for info.
skag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
XR650L_Dave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,703
Heck, if you ride a dirt bike in NY not on a MX course or in your yard, you are probably breaking the law...

There is no legal trail riding in NY. None. CT has, what, 3 places? NY worse than CT, it's amazing, and bullshit.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #26
mflora98ss OP
Dual Sportin'

Oddometer: 401
This was in Pennsylvania not New York. It was because he drove around a gate on a fire road.
mflora98ss is offline   Reply With Quote