Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,572
does it ever end??? another scooter?

HI,

well being super busy at school and work I have been looking outside my window and asking about my next scooter, so I was making a list and chekin it twice x 10 and I had to ask my self, another scooter? why? and since I like 2 wheels more than to think I said, just cause!

So, I have a 100 cc scooter that is a lot of fun, and loving it, 1.3 years and still in love, and now that the cold weather is gone, is more fun... I am looking at my next summers and I see no real long trip that I could take so I have cross off the Big ones, (sw, bman, tmax and such) so I was thinking of a small upgrade to a 125-150? that is all that is available here, if I cross the border then I can get 200-250 but the price then becomes my enemy, then again, preloved? why not....

So it goes on and on.... Can wait to see what santa brings !!! and let's hope the US dollar keeps falling

do you stop dreaming of the next one?
Damasovi
Old 04-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,391
I have 3, and want another, but it would absolutely have to be 150cc or bigger. The reason I want it is for freeway legality in the U.S. Still have a 750cc cruiser, so not really interested in a maxi right now. Oh, must also be something that is easy to maintain, especially the valves, which rules out the otherwise attractive PCX150.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,345
I'm pretty happy with what I have now but I'll never stop dreaming about the next one(s). I think it's just a incurable disease and there is no use fighting it

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
I'm pretty happy with what I have now but I'll never stop dreaming about the next one(s). I think it's just a incurable disease and there is no use fighting it

cool!! so I am not alone!!! Here in a 3rd world country no such things as minimum cc exist, there is the I DO NOT WANT TO DIE thing! but you can cruise anyway you want (there are laws about lights, speedos and such)

Cheers!

Damasovi
Old 04-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
tbonestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Well at one point I had five at the same time... One Vespa Ciao moped, one Vespa Si moped, one Honda Ruckus(Zoomer) and one Genuine Scooters Stella (LML Star150) and then a Cushman model 722 as a project. My apartment manager used to laugh and say "it is looking like a used scooter lot." Once the scooter bug has bit you; it's an itch that you will never be able to scratch.
tbonestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 742
It's an addiction. I have four; and I'd love to pare it down...but, which one?

The Rowdy, the BigRucKlone. It's the least useful...but THE most economical at 80 miles a gallon. I may need that; and on city streets it's the cat's ass. AND...I fantasize about putting a PCX engine/swing axle in it. That would give it water cooling, FI, hundred miles a gallon; 55 mph. And value is minimal; new these things go for $1599; used maybe a third of that. Nope...not selling.

A real Big Ruckus. Takes minimalist scootering to another level. I'm disappointed in speed and economy...but, hey. They stopped making these a long time ago and I'm not ready to sell this one.

A Burgman 650. This is a long-term relationship...I've put heated grips and GPS on it; got a Givi windscreen. Fresh rubber...nope. It's my weekend-and-vacation tour machine.

A Burgman clone, the VOG...the newer model, a 300 with fuel injection. Spent nine months at the dealer's under warranty after the cam sproket jumped a tooth, demolishing everything. It's the one I'm most likely to sell...but, why? Now that it's repaired...it gets about 70 mpg, will do 75 mph...handles like a Burgman 400. A little less storage space. But...it's Chinese; it's paid for, it has no residual value...I'd like to sell it but I don't want to give it away.

The dealer I bought this thing from, has a used Morpheus for sale...$2500 and 2500 miles on it. DAMN, I'm tempted...for all I know, I might just do it.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 759
I've generally been a one or two motorcycle at a time kinda guy. Before buying these PCX scooters, I was thinking I might be OK being a no motorcycle kinda guy. These scooters have changed my mind on that. We've only had them a little over a month, but have really been enjoying them. I was sure the combination of small size, light weight, peppy performance, and great mileage was assurance I would not even look at another two-wheel conveyance...

And then the enablers here started that thread on the Forza. Nice!

An uncommon, but welcome, rainy/drizzly day here in the Tropical Tip of Texas... too much opportunity to spend time on-line.

Captain Jim