Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #31
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by efria View Post
totally sucks - i see you every now and then going through rio rancho. I ride an orange 800xc - live in north rio rancho.

My advice is to go through your insurance company and let them handle all of the work. You will have to front the deductible, but you will get that back once the two insurance companies settle between them. Remember - you pay your insurance company to be your advocate in situations like this. Use them.

Pjs rocks - glad they are helping you.
+1
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #32
Dubl-A OP
SuckerDucker

Oddometer: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by efria View Post
Totally sucks - I see you every now and then going through Rio Rancho. I ride an Orange 800XC - live in North Rio Rancho.

My advice is to go through your insurance company and let them handle all of the work. You will have to front the deductible, but you will get that back once the two insurance companies settle between them. Remember - you pay your insurance company to be your advocate in situations like this. Use them.

PJs rocks - glad they are helping you.

What a small world! Well now you know my sir name here so stay in touch we ride all over the place and enjoy the company! Maybe it wont be a tiger but I will keep riding one way or the other
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #33
C5INC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Thanks all who responded, great info to chew on!

I should note that NADA, the only place I can find value listed does NOT have a mileage calculation option either.

I will definitely reach out to the local dealer to see if they can provide used pricing w/ options as well.

My insurance has a $500 deductable so I'd really like to avoid using them as I would tie up more cash in this process and I have a feeling I'm already going to take a hit in general.

If anyone else has had any experience with their insurance please don't hesitate to chime in!

I appreciate this site as there are many helpful, knowledgeable people willing to help, thanks again guys!!
If it does end up being totalled, you can usually negotiate a pretty cheap buy back & make good money parting it out. Not to sound like an ambulance chaser, but I'd love to have a set of complete wheels so I can quickly switch between knobs and street tires.
C5INC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #34
Dubl-A OP
SuckerDucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5INC View Post
If it does end up being totalled, you can usually negotiate a pretty cheap buy back & make good money parting it out. Not to sound like an ambulance chaser, but I'd love to have a set of complete wheels so I can quickly switch between knobs and street tires.

Good point! I'll have to see what they say. Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #35
Dubl-A OP
SuckerDucker

Update:

Bike was totalled at over $8k in damage. I will get their initial offer hopefully today. I still cant believe I had over $16k invested all together, a shear slap in the face when I hear what they value it at

On a side note, I always felt kind of bad parking on sidewalks at stores/restaurants/etc.... NEVER AGAIN!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #36
aftCG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
They will always lowball you.

Two quick things I see in this thread.

First, DO get your insurance company involved in the negotiation on your behalf. I have never had to pay the deductable or any other amount for the assistance. You haven't done anything wrong, so you either need an attorney or your own insurance company to play the game.

Second, you will only be reimbursed for rental/inconvenience if your vehicle is NOT totaled. Once they make the decision to total it they don't care how inconvenient it is.

NEVER sign a check from an insurance company until you're satisfied by the amount. Once you do the deal is done and they are out of the picture.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #37
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,988
A lot of the above comments show just why you shouldn't finance motorcycles.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #38
Dubl-A OP
SuckerDucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
A lot of the above comments show just why you shouldn't finance motorcycles.
Financing vs paying cash has no different outcome in my situation. I'm not in need of GAP either.

Btw, what's the difference if you paid cash $14k and insurance only gave you 11k? You'd still be in my boat
Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #39
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,204
My son's bike was considered a total, or write off. The the bike was $7K. The insurance company
asked if we wanted to buy it for salvage after paying him. I asked how much? $985. I bought it
and $500 in ebay dollars put it back on the road looking like new. It was just fairing,tank and pipe
damage. Still have the bike.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #40
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,848
If they get testy tell them it was a good The thing your motorcycle was there to stop the van from hitting someone or crashing united a store and creating more costly damage. Hey would cry. That such but it happens and no one ended up in the hospital.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #41
xTomKx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Sorry to hear about the bike. It's a shame. If you don't like how much the insurance is offering you may be able to negotiate. The process may take a little longer and it's probably best to talk to a manager. I've done it with my wife's car that got T-boned. The car was old but it was well maintained and it better shape than most of it's age. Took multiple phone calls but the insurance gave me what I wanted for the car.
xTomKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #42
Dubl-A OP
SuckerDucker

Settled for more than the bike was worth, but took a hit on the accessories. Kind of a wash. Back in business!! brand new 13'

Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #43
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Settled for more than the bike was worth, but took a hit on the accessories. Kind of a wash. Back in business!! brand new 13'
At least you are bike in the saddle pretty quickly and not stuck in some drawn out insurance hell.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #44
Dubl-A OP
SuckerDucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
At least you are bike in the saddle pretty quickly and not stuck in some drawn out insurance hell.
Yea being I have to break her in and its already May... I couldn't wait. I can't complain other than not having a bike since March.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
T

Oddometer: 5,144
DA is back in the saddle again....Now stay away from strip malls (and strip clubs) and soccer moms in mini vans.

Bike looks great.