User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
gore-tx OP
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,223
Honda SH150i

My dealer has a leftover 2010. I am quite tempted at the minute but I would like to gather some info on it.
I think the PCX and SH have different engines but if you think they are the same please share your thoughts. I also think the SH is slightly more powerful than the PCX (about 3HP more).
Any owners here?
Any input will help. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
GREY.HOUND
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
As mentioned in the other post, I think the Sh150i is great. I think the biggest issue is support/aftermarket, etc. The PCX seems to be doing well and has a great following; it seems as though the Sh150i didn't go over so well. I'd go with the PCX.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,529
The Sh150i is a great scooter. It was seriously overpriced when new. If you can get a good deal on one, I'd go for it. It was not available for very long, and I'm not sure how good dealer service would be, as nobody has much experience with it. But it is a common design, and parts will be available from Honda for many years to come.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
gore-tx OP
DOUBLE-O G

I think I have to agree with JerryH on the support. There are Honda many Honda dealers around the US. But now as to how many were sold, it can't be too many.
Some European websites rate the SH pretty high.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,472
The SH150i is a different style scooter from the PCX. They have completely different riding positions. I much prefer the upright riding position of the SH but that is something you need to decide for yourself.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 651
great, rock-solid scoot. only fault was the tardwalloping price tag.

personally, though, i think the sportcity 250 is the spiritual older brother to the sh150, and i'd much rather have it. also a bulletproof scoot, although its particular flaw is the pain of the oem aprilia/piaggio parts supply chain in the states.
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
Bugtussle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Maybe while were focusing on the SH150 here for a bit, are there any members here that have any input on any of the servicing procedures involved with this scoot? I searched youtube and found one valve adjust Video Theres just not much info out there on this scooter. I feel the reason for this is the over pricing mode Honda was in when this scooter was released. Im coming from a SYM HD200 and as much as I like it Im tired of grubbing for parts and support. I sat on a SH150 in the showroom and liked the upright seating, I think Im going to look for a deal on one.

2013 Vespa GTS 300ie Super

Bugtussle screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 08:06 AM
Bugtussle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,440
there was a post on this 3 weeks ago . the guy bought his and her sh150i. someone posted the dealer pricing which is about 900 bucks or so under the MSRP. Great scooter that go fast and dead reliable . If the dealer isn't one of those that tries to shaft you for more then 600 bucks for set up , shipping and doc fees go for it. if you want to see what other dealer are wanting hope over to http://www.cycletrader.com/Honda-Sh1...sort=year:desc

3200 is the new old stock pricing. 2 grand is the cheapest one in Fl usa.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Solid scoot

Howdy,

I've been the satisfied owner of an Sh150i for over two years. Cutting to the chase, this bike has but one flaw: It's rear drum brake. Remember that every other country in the world rates the usual rear disc!
Good braking is important when one tips the scales at 280 lbs. I avg. 70 mpg and 60 mph. Someone weighing in at say 100 lb less would get better figures, obviously. She's quick up to around 40 mph. No problems with this bike, although I've put just 6400 miles on her. Good luck!
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Bugtussie,

What parts for the SYM HD 200 can't you find? There's a dealer in Phoenix and one near me in Tucson. Let me know what you need and I'll see if any of these dealers have them.

The HD 200 that I've got is a stellar performer, but with only 5K on it I haven't needed any parts.
blugg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #11
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryRickenbacker View Post
Howdy,

Cutting to the chase, this bike has but one flaw: It's rear drum brake. Remember that every other country in the world rates the usual rear disc!
I did not realise that! The Honda SH125i here in the UK gets ABS and CBS with the rear disc, whereas our PCX 125, like the US PCX 150, gets just CBS and the rear drum.

I note that Honda USA call the SH150i a 2010 model. Does anyone know why?
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #12
gore-tx OP
DOUBLE-O G

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bentall View Post
I note that Honda USA call the SH150i a 2010 model. Does anyone know why?
That's the last year it was sold in the US and yes, there still are some available. Brand new.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
That's the last year it was sold in the US and yes, there still are some available. Brand new.
One would assume that if they ever imported them again, they would have a rear disc and ABS.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
gore-tx OP
DOUBLE-O G

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bentall View Post
One would assume that if they ever imported them again, they would have a rear disc and ABS.
Given the little success it had, I doubt Honda USA has plans to bring it back to the US. I think we might see the Forza 300 instead. Emphasis on "might."
Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #15
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
Given the little success it had, I doubt Honda USA has plans to bring it back to the US. I think we might see the Forza 300 instead. Emphasis on "might."
Seems to me that the Forza would fill a void in the 300cc market for Honda. Given the apparent success of the PCX (an assumption based on more internet posts and interest), it would seem like a smart sales decision to release the Forza in the US.

Well, as long as they price it better than the did with the SH150i.