User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
spyke OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I luv my Honda Elite 110

Just got a Honda Elite 110 about a month ago, this thing is great. runs good ,will pull out to about 53 mph, has plenty of storage, handles nice,rides alittle rough but with 3 or 4 inches of shock travel it's about what I expected. I'm just
spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,513
What kind of MPG are you getting?
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
spyke OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Wicked I luv my Honda Elite 110

I could lie to you but, I've been riding and grinning so much I haven't checked.
spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
brockster
Despair & Repair Garage

Oddometer: 2,042
Those are neat looking bikes. I think that it's a closer relative to the mid-80's 150cc Elites than the SH150.

"
Man whoever came up with Ronald McDonald was dropping some serious acid.
." - SpoonKiller / tiotalruckus.com

brockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
Magicman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Love mine too... have 109 miles in the first tank and not fully in E yet :)
05' HD Road King FLHRSI
Magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
No.6
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I was hoping ADVrider would have an Elite 110 thread

I have 950 mi on mine (from June). I'm pulling almost exactly 100mpg. If I run it wide open for miles it drops to "only" 90s.

Tops out at 53-54 whether I'm alone or with passenger. I did a ton of research into this and it appears to be the final drive ratio of the belt drive, not an artificial rpm limiter or the engine, that dictates the just-under-55mph top speed.

So far mine has no wobbles or other issues at speed despite smallish tires.

The storage capacity is startling. I have put:
- helmet plus kid's bookbag with 8 college textbooks
- two gallons of milk plus groceries for a day
- full-size helmet plus exercise bag with nunchaku and sparring gear etc.

The only thing I haven't done is fit two full-size helmets under the seat at once. Can't do it. It does have two pegs to slide helmet D-rings onto so you can park and secure two helmets and a full trunk full of whatever.

Also it's 'scooter'ish looking enough that nobody questions it being parked in the same way 49cc scoots are parked even though it has a full 'cycle plate. The PCX125 or SH150, I think, wouldn't pass that test, as they have a sportier look more like the touring scooters.

IMO acceleration is great up to about 40-45 then it fights the wind a bit up to top speed.

Also it's very quiet. I recommend making up for its silence with very loud gear (a guy in my area just got killed riding his scoot by a 20-year old dweeb in a pickup).
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:36 AM   #7
ghamauricio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hey guys!

Sorry for ressurrecting such an old topic, but has anyone found out anything about getting a little bit more top speed from the Elite 110?

I'm planning on selling my 250cc to buy a Wee-Strom for touring, but I'll need a smaller bike to commute.

Everyone says this thing is amazing, but there is one part of my daily commute that I might need 10 mph more.

Is there any big bore kit (I think a 125~150cc would do the trick), maybe a longer cvt pulley or something...?

Thanks guys, and ride safe.
ghamauricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #8
DaBinChe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 800
want more speed get a bigger scoot, 150cc. An SH150 if you can find one if not then a pcx150.
DaBinChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #9
ghamauricio
Adventurer

Oh I wish it was that easy... A new PCX 150 costs more then what I can sell my 250cc Ténéré for. The whole purpose of selling it is for buying a used Wee though, so the scoot has got to be cheap.

The options are: Suzuki Burgman, Honda Lead (Elite in the US), Yamaha Neo, and some Zhongsheng, SYM and some other chinese/taiwanese/korean (and to me, unreliable) options assembled by some local "manufacturers".
Old 02-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
fast1075
Fasterizer

Oddometer: 107
Wink

I have close to 4K miles on mine. It is the absolute best way to go across town on errands. I added a top case for more capacity.

The top speed is in fact rpm limited. At 53 mph with a stock bike, you can feel it cutting out as it hits soft limit. At that point the engine is turning around 7,500 rpm.

There is no aftermarket ECM. The only way to get a LITTLE more speed out of it is with a tire change (unless someone I couldn't find has a variator trick).

I damaged the rear tire on mine, and installed a Bridgstone MOLAS ML-16 in size 4.00 x 10. It fits, barely. You have to have the tire installed, bead seated, and install it on the bike, then air it up. It clears and does not rub at any speed.

I said it will add SOME speed. It will run just over 55 before it goes on the limiter, maybe a bit more with a new belt.

I really like the linked brakes, it has good take off, with no trouble outrunning cars in town. The parking brake is handy. The suspension is soft and poorly dampened, but is far better than a Chinese scooter with pogo stick suspension.

I can get 100+ mpg if I take it easy (I can't, I run the crap out of it). The way I run it, it gets 90+ anyways. The only "mod" I have made (other than the top case) is adding an aftermarket kick stand. The asian models have kickstands, the USA models do not, the kickstand location is covered by a removable plastic panel. The mount point is on the frame, easy to install.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #11
ScooterDogMom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghamauricio View Post
Hey guys!

Sorry for ressurrecting such an old topic, but has anyone found out anything about getting a little bit more top speed from the Elite 110?

I'm planning on selling my 250cc to buy a Wee-Strom for touring, but I'll need a smaller bike to commute.

Everyone says this thing is amazing, but there is one part of my daily commute that I might need 10 mph more.

Is there any big bore kit (I think a 125~150cc would do the trick), maybe a longer cvt pulley or something...?

Thanks guys, and ride safe.
I had an Elite 110 and it is a very nice scoot. Definitely. But if you want a similar sized and handling ride, check out a used Genuine Buddy 125. You'll get faster off the line and a top speed of 65+. Good prices for used ones on Craigslist, etc.

NOTE: I recently gave up the Buddy and went back to an Elite 110. I love the smooth, quiet ride of Honda scooter quality. No going back. I too love my Elite 110!
2010 Honda Elite 110

ScooterDogMom screwed with this post 08-18-2014 at 09:54 PM
ScooterDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #12
don63
Adventurer

I have an elite also. Got it cheap with 1,000 miles on it. Previous owner was ill. I love the fuel injection and the storage. Comfortable enough for short day trips around south Louisiana where I live.
don63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #13
ghamauricio
Adventurer

Wow, thanks a lot for the answers!

I can't find a "Buddy 125" around here also. The fastest, cheap scoot I can get is the Burgman 125, represented by Suzuki.

I heard there is a new ignition module that increases the engine's RPM limit, but I'm not sure we can rely on that.

There is also a piggyback device (an ECU controller or something similar to Power Commander, made in Brazil called Servitec) which creates an ignition and injection map above the "factory redline". They say you can get to 10.100 RPM "safely" and, with that, get to 62 mph.

Since I don't intend to CRUISE at 62mph (just short sprints to keep up with the traffic), I think I'm going with the Lead and the piggyback...

The cargo capacity under the seat is indeed astonishing as a daily bike (for groceries and stuff). The reliability of this bike is well known. They even say that if you install the windshield you almost don't need to worry about rain. I think that's enough for me.

Maybe I can find some big bore kits later on, and the power controller will help me take a better advantage of that too.

Thanks a lot for the inputs!

Cheers, and ride safe.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #14
Horizontal
Goatin' Around

Oddometer: 273
A thread with 14 posts and not one pitcher? Gentlemen, what the heck is going on here? Honestly; I ask you.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
~ Albert Einstein

1983 Honda XL250R • 1971 Yamaha DT1E 250 Enduro
Horizontal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
ghamauricio
Adventurer

What's a pintcher again...?