User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
worntread OP
Two Wheeled Explorer

Oddometer: 198
Sym CityCom 300i Fuel Gauge and Light

So i've searched the interwebs and haven't been able to find out when the low fuel light comes on, on the Sym CityCom, how much fuel there is left in the tank.

I was doing some spirited cold weather riding in some hills the other night and on the way home the fuel gauge started flashing when it went to the last bar out of the 7 it can show. I decided to not fillup and continue home to see when the fuel light would come on. A short while later the fuel light came on.

It wasn't very long after that I pulled into my town and one of the fuel stations there.

The Sym CityCom 300i is said to have a 10L (2.64 USG) Tank. It took almost 9 Liters. So I'm guessing by the fuel stats I keep that when the fuel gauge starts flashing I have about 3 Liters and when the fuel light comes on I have about half of that. I wish I could find something on this though. I know with my Suzuki DL650 they actually told me in the manual when the lights would approximately come on.

The only thing in the manual I have in regards to it says when you get to "E" refuel immediately...hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/user/worntread
worntread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,473
Drive it around with spare gas can.

My old RV250 had a 3.2 gallon tank and one time rode it far enough that it took 3.2 gallons(or it may have been rated at 3.1 gallon, can't remember).
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:26 AM   #3
Phipsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
When I've had the light come on with my Citycom I'm willing to risk 10km or so before I must fill up. The bike always seems to take around 9L on these fill ups. With a ten litre tank that means I'm giving myself some wiggle room.

I have no desire to run the tank right dry and suck any moisture or crud that may be in the bottom of the tank into my fuel injection. One thing I notice. If I run an indicated 110 instead of 120 kph I find that I can easily go an extra 30 clicks or more before I must gas up.

tunblrURL:phipsd.tumblr.com
Phipsd is offline   Reply With Quote