Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #136
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbike View Post
I am considering a BV350 and selling my Blur 220i. My wife rides aVespa 300 super and want a scooter that is faster than hers but still handles well. Plan on using it for riding to work 90 mile round trip mostly eway and short rides. I have aTenere for my main bike so this is just an extra toy.

So my question is how dose the BV350 compare to a 300 Vespa as far as ride, handling, braking and speed?
Considerably faster (more power) with the handling and braking benefits of big wheels.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:42 PM   #137
tclhb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
I bought a new BV 350 three weeks ago and LOVE it! It's a great ride. Lots of power, it falls into turns really nice, has a good amount of storage, good fit and finish, very convenient access to compartments via push to access with no key required provided the ignition is not locked, and a nice optional top case and mount with using the ignition key. About the only thing I'm not too happy with is the horn. I'll probably replace it with a louder one.
tclhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #138
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclhb View Post
I bought a new BV 350 three weeks ago and LOVE it! It's a great ride. Lots of power, it falls into turns really nice, has a good amount of storage, good fit and finish, very convenient access to compartments via push to access with no key required provided the ignition is not locked, and a nice optional top case and mount with using the ignition key. About the only thing I'm not too happy with is the horn. I'll probably replace it with a louder one.
Good to hear.

I think this bike is one of the top choices on the market today. I still think they could take a powerplant like this one and drop it in a sporty styled bike with a giant luggage compartment under the conventional style top tank.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #139
aalegado
Team Gear Whore

Oddometer: 477
What top-cases are owners running? Piaggio's OEM case, a Shad case, or what?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #140
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,312
OEM
Holds an XXL helmet with room to spare.

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #141
Bueller
Cashin?

OEM large. There is a smaller version too, but I've never felt smaller was better when it came to luggage capacity on a bike.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #142
tclhb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Oem large for me two. I just happen to be on a three day road trip right now. With the top case I had no problem with all my luggage.
tclhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #143
sealsam
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclhb View Post
Oem large for me two. I just happen to be on a three day road trip right now. With the top case I had no problem with all my luggage.
Tom,

Where did you end up?

My best you ya' out on the road!

See you Monday....

Southern California from a scooter;
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941261
sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #144
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,466
I discovered something I thought I should share last week.

My front wheel has been out of balance since I got my BV. I finally got around to balancing it. Much better :-) Now here's the interesting part... I've always thought that the front end was pretty harsh for such a scoot. When I was re installing the front wheel I pre-tightened the axle nut and then bounced the front end to make sure that the forks were set to the proper width. Tightened the remaining bolts and went for a ride. I think it rides a little better! The forks must not have been set up correctly from the beginning and there was some stiction/binding happening.

It's nice to get a benefit for free once in a while.

Happy riding :-)
2013 Piaggio BV350 sold
tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #145
aalegado
Team Gear Whore

Heading down to Freedom Cycle here in Vegas this morning to (hopefully) pick up my new BV 350. We'll see how this goes...
Old 05-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #146
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalegado View Post
Heading down to Freedom Cycle here in Vegas this morning to (hopefully) pick up my new BV 350. We'll see how this goes...
I have sat on your BV a few times already!

Hope they don't take too much of your money. They have very high fees and very expensive maintenance.

Nice people though.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #147
aalegado
Team Gear Whore

BV350 -- early thoughts!

Whelp, I done did it. Got the new BV!

I took the long way to work by taking it on the 215 and the Summerlin Expressway to even-though-you're-not-supposed-to-on-a-new-bike open her up. It did an indicated 90mph and pulled strongly to get there. Pretty impressive. The stretch of the 215 near the dealership is prone to crosswinds too and the BV was pretty stable. Again, impressive.

I won't dwell on $$$. I paid what I paid and didn't feel bad about it especially when compared to a buying experience a few years ago at another valley bike dealer who shall go nameless but which other Vegas residents can probably guess.

I'll second the motion about the people there: They are nice and there's no hard sell or pressure. The first time I visited the shop it was just to check out the BV and I ended up shooting the shit for about two hours on a lazy Sunday afternoon with Art and Sean in the Vespa/Piaggio/MV Augusta part of the dealership.

As an aside: This is my first time using Tapatalk to access the forum...it's pretty handy. I think me likey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aalegado screwed with this post 05-22-2014 at 03:32 PM
aalegado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #148
Bueller
Cashin?

Quote:

I took the long way to work by taking it on the 215 and the Summerlin Expressway to even-though-you're-not-supposed-to-on-a-new-bike open her up. It did an indicated 90mph and pulled strongly to get there. Pretty impressive. The stretch of the 215 near the dealership is prone to crosswinds too and the BV was pretty stable. Again, impressive.

I won't dwell on $$$. I paid what I paid and didn't feel bad about it especially when compared to a buying experience a few years ago at another valley bike dealer who shall go nameless but which other Vegas residents can probably guess.

I'll second the motion about the people there: They are nice and there's no hard sell or pressure. The first time I visited the shop it was just to check out the BV and I ended up shooting the shit for about two hours on a lazy Sunday afternoon with Art and Sean in the Vespa/Piaggio/MV Augusta part of the dealership.

As an aside: This is my first time using Tapatalk to access the forum...it's pretty handy. I think me likey.

Congrats on the new BV. The speedo is 10% optimistic. After break in mine will hit 96 indicated on flat ground, which is in line with the claimed 86 mph true top speed after accounting for the speedo optimism.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #149
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,216
Quote:

Congrats on what I consider one of the best scooter & scooter values around.

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #150
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Alex, congrats on the BV. Let's see some bike pics.