Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #46
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,908
Why certainly!

[QUOTE=Jaqen H'ghar;21327707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogordy View Post
I'm loving my BV-350, and have (had) only one gripe. The windshield. Now its gone and so is my gripe:

gogo,
How about some more pics of your repainted BV350? Can't see the whole bike in that pic.
I love that red, it looks like Ferrari red and it looks good it that color.
On my driveway

and on Palomar Mountain, Ca
Old 05-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #47
Jaqen H'ghar
Valar Morgoulis

Oddometer: 199
gogo,
Question: Did you remove all the tupperware yourself in order to paint it red?
Could you elaborate a bit on the process involved in stripping it down and the cost to paint it that red color. Thanks, Jaqen

2014 R1200 RT
Jaqen H'ghar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #48
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqen H'ghar View Post
gogo,
Question: Did you remove all the tupperware yourself in order to paint it red?
Could you elaborate a bit on the process involved in stripping it down and the cost to paint it that red color. Thanks, Jaqen
The paint, and all the work involved in it was performed by the dealer we purchased it from http://www.vespaso.com/.

He did a superb job and is a super-nice guy. David Meyer is the fellow to speak to.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #49
quasigentrified OP
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 692
took the treefitty in for its first service. man, every time i ride it, i'm shocked at what an angry little wolverine of an engine it has. i've learned to adore the aggressive engine braking. i swear, it never stops being a blast -- in downtown or on exurban roads!
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #50
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasigentrified View Post
took the treefitty in for its first service. man, every time i ride it, i'm shocked at what an angry little wolverine of an engine it has. i've learned to adore the aggressive engine braking. i swear, it never stops being a blast -- in downtown or on exurban roads!
They did my first service while I waited and I was floored by how much oil the final drive contains....darn near as much as the engine on my Vespa 250 holds.

I'm sure that accounts for a lot of the smoothness of the power delivery and YES its a darn fine and capable scooter.

I'm averaging just around 64 mpg on mine, quite pleased with that but that fuel gauge....I call it a "guess gauge".
Old 05-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #51
Jaqen H'ghar
Valar Morgoulis

Quote:
The paint, and all the work involved in it was performed by the dealer we purchased it from http://www.vespaso.com/.

He did a superb job and is a super-nice guy. David Meyer is the fellow to speak to.
gogo,
another one, I notice in the top pic that you had the seat re-covered in black and maybe you had the Ox blood colored plastic inserts painted black also? Is that correct?

2014 R1200 RT
Old 05-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #52
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
gogo,
another one, I notice in the top pic that you had the seat re-covered in black and maybe you had the Ox blood colored plastic inserts painted black also? Is that correct?

The seat AND the plastics are available, OEM from Piaggio. Those are OEM parts neither re-covered, nor painted.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #53
Jaqen H'ghar
Valar Morgoulis

Quote:
The seat AND the plastics are available, OEM from Piaggio. Those are OEM parts neither re-covered, nor painted.
Thanks go, think I'll give your man there David a call and just order me up one just like yours, I'm over here in Irvine about 35 miles from you, maybe we could meet up someday at Hell's Kitchen and show those Harley guys what real bikes look like.

2014 R1200 RT
Old 05-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #54
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks go, think I'll give your man there David a call and just order me up one just like yours, I'm over here in Irvine about 35 miles from you, maybe we could meet up someday at Hell's Kitchen and show those Harley guys what real bikes look like.
That sounds good.

I know Irvine....grew up in El Toro (yeah, about a hundred years ago when it was called El Toro) and the Ortega is a great ride!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #55
TechFrog
Professional Amature

Oddometer: 21
Ah yes, the seat...

Quote:
Nice review.

How do you and the seat get along? (Im having my bolster shaved...errr, my seat's bolster)
Funny you should ask. I get saddle sore after about 150 miles, so I have been considering Airhawk or other solutions. I never thought about shaving the bolster. I would hate to commit to that without a guaranty that it would really improve things. I may just stick to the Airhawk idea. I'll be curious to see how yours turns out
TechFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #56
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Crippling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFrog View Post
Funny you should ask. I get saddle sore after about 150 miles, so I have been considering Airhawk or other solutions. I never thought about shaving the bolster. I would hate to commit to that without a guaranty that it would really improve things. I may just stick to the Airhawk idea. I'll be curious to see how yours turns out
The shaved bolster is an 80% improvement, but I'm now taking it to the next level. Full bolsterectomy, and recover. (Have an 800 mile weekend on it coming up)

Try removing the bolster completely (3 bolts underneath) and ride it. Oooh lala what a difference. Seriously, give it a try....cost zero and no commitment and you'll at least have a direction you want to pursue. The scoot's a mile-eater in every other respect IMO.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #57
quasigentrified OP
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 692
my GOD this is a ridiculously fun scoot. it's amazing what a little extra hp can do for even a scooter

edit: i broke a personal rule ("never let anyone get on yer bike") and let an old-school gs-ridin' pal tool around on it for a spell after he refused to believe it wasn't "totally gutless." he came back after an hour with a HOLY SHIT, YOU FUCKER WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THEY MADE SCOOTERS RIDE LIKE BIKES THESE DAYS to which i said "because you hate scooters and now you're totally a sissy too"
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #58
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasigentrified View Post
my GOD this is a ridiculously fun scoot. it's amazing what a little extra hp can do for even a scooter

edit: i broke a personal rule ("never let anyone get on yer bike") and let an old-school gs-ridin' pal tool around on it for a spell after he refused to believe it wasn't "totally gutless." he came back after an hour with a HOLY SHIT, YOU FUCKER WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THEY MADE SCOOTERS RIDE LIKE BIKES THESE DAYS to which i said "because you hate scooters and now you're totally a sissy too"
That's funny and you're responsible for HIS sissification now.
I hope you can live with yerself....
Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #59
craiger527
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
This thread has been very helpful but I am on the fence between finding a used bv250 or a new bv350. Really like the new features and upgraded engine. Thanks for your input.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #60
TechFrog
Professional Amature

Oddometer: 21
Long-Ass Riding, -Ass Saving Measures

Quote:
The shaved bolster is an 80% improvement, but I'm now taking it to the next level. Full bolsterectomy, and recover. (Have an 800 mile weekend on it coming up)

Try removing the bolster completely (3 bolts underneath) and ride it. Oooh lala what a difference. Seriously, give it a try....cost zero and no commitment and you'll at least have a direction you want to pursue. The scoot's a mile-eater in every other respect IMO.
I just ordered an Airhawk, but I like the bolster removal idea. Removed it on my Honda PCX150, and it helped that scoot. My group rode to Mt. Baldy and he had an Airhawk on his Burgman and let me try it on my BV. Nice! Mine should be here by Wednesday. I also have a big weekend. I'm heading your way actually. Have a friend in Temecula, but my whole group is heading to AmeriVespa, but before AmeriVespa, 3 or 4 of us (all from LA) are heading down to Vespa Motorsports San Diego. I'd love to rendezvous with you at AmeriVespa if you're going. BV350 riders UNITE!
TechFrog is offline   Reply With Quote