ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #16
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The great state of confusion
Oddometer: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Does anyone know where in the US has Tourance Next in stock?

ac

Looks like Revzilla has some sizes in stock:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...nce-next-tires
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
hdxbones
Adventurer
 
hdxbones's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: CT
Oddometer: 40
I put a set on my Uly a couple of weeks ago. I only have a few hundred miles on them far, but very happy. They turn in easily, stay planted, and grip well on pavement. I haven't ridden any single track to speak of, but they're solid on gravel and forest fire roads as well. I haven't ridden them in rain yet either; I'll post when I do.
__________________
'11 Road Glide
'09 Ulysses

Motorcycle rich, cash strapped.....
hdxbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
damytzeus
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: denver co
Oddometer: 85
ghostrider1964:

i'm in the same boat as you. i have tourance next on my month old 2013 r1200gs water boxer. already put over 2500 miles on it and it already shows wear signs. i'd be glad to get 5-6k out of the rear tire. on my 2007 k1200s, i've never gotten more than 4k miles on a set of rear tires. so, 5-6k would be amazing for me. for how i ride, tire longevity ranks lower priority that performance.

i ran the gs up 126 mph (gps speed) a couple of days ago. speedometer read 130 mph. like my k-bike, i run the snort out of the gs. regularly ride her 100+ mph and typically wear rear tires pretty evenly. i usually wear the sides on front tires well before the center wears out. btw, not sure from where some of the claims about the waterboxer being unstable at high speed arise. i've had her pegged at over 120 mph and she's super stable even with significant cross winds. this bike absolutely flipping rocks in all conditions. bmw knocked it out of the park again -like the s1000rr and the k16s. well deserved as the cycle world's bike of the year.

before buying the waterboxer, i put about 500 miles on the dealer's waterboxer which came shod with continental trail attacks. on the street, i definitely prefer the conti's to the metzelers. the contis grip and hold on max acceleration out of corners. i regularly get the metzelers to break traction and skip -controlled and not unnerving. on the track, with identical bikes and skills, the trail attacks would walk away from the tourance out of each corner.

i ride probably 25%+ off-road. the next is a very capable off-road tire. i've ridden it on some gnarly roads and trails that i doubted i could climb and it climbed without event. i feel quite confident riding the next in anything except deep sand and deep mud. some sand and mud are okay. really, it's a excellent all around great tire -especially for most riders who don't push the limit. i thought about getting knobbies and see no point for now.

i intend to take out the dealer's demo waterboxer again and thoroughly test the conti trail attacks off-road. if it matches the performance of the next, i'll buy the conti's when tourances wear out. for how i ride, i find the street performance of the conti trail attacks more than marginally superior to the tourance next. for most riders, i suspect the tourance will more than deliver. even for me, it's more than good enough.

$0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Yep, you boys don't ride like me...I killed the EXP in 3,000 miles...FRONT AND REAR! I would not have done that with the old Tourance which I am running again...I wore the sides off the EXPs until I was riding triangles... Yes, I corner hard and ride shitty hot chip roads in 100 plus degrees at 100 plus mph
damytzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
beanbandit
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: port douglas,fnq australia
Oddometer: 52
tourance next

Hi, fitted a set of next to my 08 gas, previously used tourance and exp. last trip left port Douglas with about half worn exp, about 200 ams later on to the red sand road, bike was all over the place, stopped to see if I had a punter on the rear, no, but the centre tread had gone, and no place for a couple of thousand k's for a new tyre, by the time I could get another tyre ,the metal was showing, fitted a tourance exp, last thursday week fitted a new set of NEXT, rode 70 k's home, and the sunday morning left for central Australia, again a couple of hundred k's of bitumen, then dirt, hard dirt no problem ,then on to the red sand, no feeling in the front end, terrible feeling, to far in to go another way, anyhow, i was standing up, doing about 90/100 concentrating,lucky, hit a patch of deep sand, lost all feeling at the front, hit the throttle to power out, but could not steer, down of the edge of the track, into the shit all could do was ride it like a mx bike, all the time I was going faster, the front was absolutely useless.thinking to myself,this is going to hurt, then hit a harder section, stopped, checked the front tyre, all ok, 5000 plus k's on bitumen in the last five days, all weather, heat ,rain wind, long straight roads, twists, and the tyre still look like new, my opinion at this time, still with 5000 to go, good long distance tyres.good wet tyres, dirt,forget it,
beanbandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by damytzeus View Post
ghostrider1964:

i'm in the same boat as you. i have tourance next on my month old 2013 r1200gs water boxer. already put over 2500 miles on it and it already shows wear signs. i'd be glad to get 5-6k out of the rear tire. on my 2007 k1200s, i've never gotten more than 4k miles on a set of rear tires. so, 5-6k would be amazing for me. for how i ride, tire longevity ranks lower priority that performance.

i ran the gs up 126 mph (gps speed) a couple of days ago. speedometer read 130 mph. like my k-bike, i run the snort out of the gs. regularly ride her 100+ mph and typically wear rear tires pretty evenly. i usually wear the sides on front tires well before the center wears out. btw, not sure from where some of the claims about the waterboxer being unstable at high speed arise. i've had her pegged at over 120 mph and she's super stable even with significant cross winds. this bike absolutely flipping rocks in all conditions. bmw knocked it out of the park again -like the s1000rr and the k16s. well deserved as the cycle world's bike of the year.

before buying the waterboxer, i put about 500 miles on the dealer's waterboxer which came shod with continental trail attacks. on the street, i definitely prefer the conti's to the metzelers. the contis grip and hold on max acceleration out of corners. i regularly get the metzelers to break traction and skip -controlled and not unnerving. on the track, with identical bikes and skills, the trail attacks would walk away from the tourance out of each corner.

i ride probably 25%+ off-road. the next is a very capable off-road tire. i've ridden it on some gnarly roads and trails that i doubted i could climb and it climbed without event. i feel quite confident riding the next in anything except deep sand and deep mud. some sand and mud are okay. really, it's a excellent all around great tire -especially for most riders who don't push the limit. i thought about getting knobbies and see no point for now.

i intend to take out the dealer's demo waterboxer again and thoroughly test the conti trail attacks off-road. if it matches the performance of the next, i'll buy the conti's when tourances wear out. for how i ride, i find the street performance of the conti trail attacks more than marginally superior to the tourance next. for most riders, i suspect the tourance will more than deliver. even for me, it's more than good enough.

$0.02
I have yet to run the Trail attack...I went ahead and bought the Next for my GSA. I still have a HP2E with TKCs so I am equiping the GSA for bad weather. I might try the Trail attack next time. How do you like the waterboxer? I have test rode one but only for about 20 miles and it was in traffic...Both of my bikes are paid for and BoulderEd(ADV) has moved down here and works at Lone Star BMW...He wants me to trade my GSA and HP2 on waterboxer GSA...Just not sure if I can do that...sides...both of mine are paid for
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #21
murpies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
murpies's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 150
hi how's the feedback of the Tourance NEXT tire? My front n rear Tourance EXP is due to change . it last me abt more than 20 000km. i was told some GS LC rider that the Next will wobble at high speed . can those who own one give me some feedback. thanks and appreciate.
murpies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #22
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
Would love to know the secret of how you guys are getting such high mileage out of a set of Tourances.

I get 6-7K out of the rear and maybe 10-12K front out of the original formula Tourances.
Hell, what are you complaining about. you get TWICE the mileage I get out of them.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #23
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by murpies View Post
hi how's the feedback of the Tourance NEXT tire? My front n rear Tourance EXP is due to change . it last me abt more than 20 000km. i was told some GS LC rider that the Next will wobble at high speed . can those who own one give me some feedback. thanks and appreciate.
I had my 08 R1200gsa up to 121 fully loaded with all three bags and NO wobble issues. I run 100+ almost every ride and had no issues at all.
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #24
murpies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
murpies's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I had my 08 R1200gsa up to 121 fully loaded with all three bags and NO wobble issues. I run 100+ almost every ride and had no issues at all.

Thanks for the feedback
murpies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #25
murpies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
murpies's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 150
Hi guys , would like to give the feedback after the tyre change . I had since running in the new Tourance Next. No wobble at speed 120-130km/hr . Very good in wet surface . Thumbs up.
murpies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:53 PM   #26
murpies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
murpies's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 150
No early wearing mark or cupping so far . Looks like it going to last longer then my Tourance EXP.

murpies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #27
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,463
My rear was toast at 2000 miles. Front is still on with an original Tourance. It is wearing along the edges. I figure I will go easy on the twisties for a while.
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #28
somejuan
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Nth Canterbury, New Zealand
Oddometer: 15
Looks like I'll be fitting "Next" also - seems like they're the only Tourance available down here.
somejuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #29
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: So.Central PA
Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
My rear was toast at 2000 miles. Front is still on with an original Tourance. It is wearing along the edges. I figure I will go easy on the twisties for a while.

Down to the wear bars in 2000 miles on a NEXT? Wow. Whatcha doing? You put air in the tire, didn't you? I realize we all have different mileage, but I'm at close to 8K on mine and they are pretty well shot...just about on the wear bars. I'm 185lbs, wife is 110...lots of 2-up riding, lots of solo. I ride solo like I'm on a sport-bike. usually keep 42psi in the rear.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'12 R1200GS Adventure
'11 Harley Street Glide - gone and pretty much forgotten
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #30
Laconic
Añejo
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 16,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Does anyone know where in the US has Tourance Next in stock?

ac
http://www.americanmototire.com/cata...h=200_248_1066
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014