ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #886
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D
 
Super Sneaky Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 3,848
Hey Dirthopper, please tell me how the Bolt behaves on the freeway. How's the passing power at 80mph? Can you "bolt" up to 100 when need be or does it just slowly creep up to that?
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #887
epb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUCardinalfan View Post
I transport my laptop in an aerostitch messenger bag, riding a street triple. Does that make me a hipster, a hooligan, or an old codger? I need to know.
When did messenger bags get such a bad wrap? I thought they pretty much started with motorcycle riders - have all those WW2-era movies steered me wrong? ;)

__________________
"Motorcycles - the cigarettes of transportation." Seth Meyers on CICGC
epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #888
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post
When did messenger bags get such a bad wrap? I thought they pretty much started with motorcycle riders - have all those WW2-era movies steered me wrong? ;)
No, you're right.

It's just the textbook use of stigma to try and enforce normalcy in a group.

They get the bad rap because they aren't part of the Hell's Angel starter kit a lot of cruiser riders in the US choose. Cruiser riders try to enforce the 70's biker uniform on everyone. Most of the time with great effect, to be fair.
I mean, every rally I've attended in the last ... 20 or so years, has been a sea of black vests, do rags, black chaps, fringe, conchos, and now those stupid getback whips.

How a guy in black chaps and a black leather vest can demean a bag as unmanly is beyond me.
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #889
waveydavey
happy times!!
 
waveydavey's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Pulling dragons from the ground again
Oddometer: 9,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
No, you're right.

It's just the textbook use of stigma to try and enforce normalcy in a group.

They get the bad rap because they aren't part of the Hell's Angel starter kit a lot of cruiser riders in the US choose. Cruiser riders try to enforce the 70's biker uniform on everyone. Most of the time with great effect, to be fair.
I mean, every rally I've attended in the last ... 20 or so years, has been a sea of black vests, do rags, black chaps, fringe, conchos, and now those stupid getback whips.

How a guy in black chaps and a black leather vest can demean a bag as unmanly is beyond me.
Sorry, I had no idea you were so sensitive. I will stop taunting you when you carry your purse.
__________________
FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #890
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
Sorry, I had no idea you were so sensitive. I will stop taunting you when you carry your purse.
Taunt away, Rob Halford. Just because I understand the mechanisms of socialization doesn't mean I don't laugh in my sleeve at you.
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #891
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post

the Hell's Angel starter kit
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #892
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago
 
SGrider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: MN
Oddometer: 876
Regarding the LCD display, can the brightness be adjusted? I ask that because I was looking at the service manual for my FZ1 and it can be adjusted for brightness level.
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #893
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,718
D and D slip on:



There's also a slip on megaphone from Low and Mean to replace the entire rear section at the pipe joint just behind the footpeg. Very loud for people who want that.

__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #894
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
Regarding the LCD display, can the brightness be adjusted? I ask that because I was looking at the service manual for my FZ1 and it can be adjusted for brightness level.
No, no adjustment as yet. I expect some EE will come up with an aftermarket gizmo to make it brighter.

On the Bolt Forum, this was posted as a means to give Yamaha feedback about it.
If you are having speedometer issues call Yamaha at : 1-800-656-7695
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #895
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b
 
HapHazard's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Central CT
Oddometer: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post


There's also a slip on megaphone from Low and Mean to replace the entire rear section at the pipe joint just behind the footpeg. Very loud for people who want that.

Let there be no doubt, many lives will be saved.

I gotta get one of those speedy ratchets like the Low und Mean guy has!

(Also, liked the "push the O2 sensor out of sight" bit).
HapHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #896
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,718
Yeah, don't even get me started on that.

But, you know, some people want loud and don't care how. Woooooooooooo!

And I'm noone's mama.
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #897
blk-betty
bam-a-lam
 
blk-betty's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HapHazard View Post
(Also, liked the "push the O2 sensor out of sight" bit).
Sertioulsy?

Doesn't the O2 sensor provide feedback to the ECU to maintain correct air/ fuel ratio.
__________________
Any day on a dirt road is a great day
blk-betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #898
brucifer
Beastly Adventurer
 
brucifer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Eureka, Ca.
Oddometer: 2,214
So, Low and Mean take a universal Supertrapp housing, bolt it to the Bolt, leave out the packing, discs and end cap and call it their own megaphone exhaust??!


That D&D sounds nice.
__________________
2005 KTM 525EXC-2000 Buell M2 Cyclone-1996 XR600R-Plated 1995 XR600R-1993 Kawasaki KX500-1984 Honda XL600R/XR650L Hybrid-1984 Yamaha TT600L-1980 Honda CB750F

XL600R Build http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...4+xl600r+build For Sale
brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #899
DirtHopper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtHopper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: AZ
Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
Hey Dirthopper, please tell me how the Bolt behaves on the freeway. How's the passing power at 80mph? Can you "bolt" up to 100 when need be or does it just slowly creep up to that?
I do not ride over 80 mph. I have enough wind buffeting without a windshield
__________________
Witout pavement.....The world would be a better place!
DirtHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #900
DirtHopper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtHopper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: AZ
Oddometer: 408
so far I have not been overly impressed with Low and mean's DIY mods. I would much rather they do a video using any of the aftermarket tuning computers to set the Air/Fuel ratios for different set ups
__________________
Witout pavement.....The world would be a better place!
DirtHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014