ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #1006
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D
 
Super Sneaky Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 5,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Now, back to regular scheduled programming. Anyone seeing R-Secs at their dealers yet?
A few guys on the Bolt forum have them, so they are trickling in. My dealer hasn't called me yet.
__________________
Naturally, the common people don't want war; ... the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country - Hermann Goring
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #1007
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D
 
Super Sneaky Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 5,939


A little better than I thought it would be.
__________________
Naturally, the common people don't want war; ... the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country - Hermann Goring
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #1008
DirtHopper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtHopper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: AZ
Oddometer: 408
I'm just wondering how well it handles for only $25K
__________________
Witout pavement.....The world would be a better place!
DirtHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #1009
ferrix
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 666
'Low and mean' is not my style.. but how about this Roland Sands treatment:



(more on Bike Exif)
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #1010
JerryH
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post


A little better than I thought it would be.
As the owner of a heavily modified Chevy S10, and a member of 3 S10 forums, this thing reminds me of a totally SLAMMED truck with 24" wheels. Totally and completely useless as a vehicle, it is for show only. Yes, many people on those forums have $25K into their rides, so I guess this is not really different (other than THEY built theirs) but it is not something I would expect to see on an ADV rider forum. I would expect bikes on here to at least be rideable. How can everyone on here dislike stock cruisers, and still like this thing?

BTW, my truck is NOT lowered, or lifted. I went in a whole different direction and created something unique, and completely driveable.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #1011
NJ-Brett
Brett
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern New Jersey
Oddometer: 6,571
Get with the program.
Sportsters are heavy, can't lean, cant take bumps (suspension), and you cant sit on them long, and they sell like hotcakes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
As the owner of a heavily modified Chevy S10, and a member of 3 S10 forums, this thing reminds me of a totally SLAMMED truck with 24" wheels. Totally and completely useless as a vehicle, it is for show only. Yes, many people on those forums have $25K into their rides, so I guess this is not really different (other than THEY built theirs) but it is not something I would expect to see on an ADV rider forum. I would expect bikes on here to at least be rideable. How can everyone on here dislike stock cruisers, and still like this thing?

BTW, my truck is NOT lowered, or lifted. I went in a whole different direction and created something unique, and completely driveable.
NJ-Brett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #1012
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D
 
Super Sneaky Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 5,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrix View Post
'Low and mean' is not my style.. but how about this Roland Sands treatment:



(more on Bike Exif)
Now that looks fun! I'd give it a front fender and a little more cush for my toosh, but then it would be perfect.
__________________
Naturally, the common people don't want war; ... the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country - Hermann Goring
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #1013
Randy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Newnan, GA USA
Oddometer: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrix View Post
'Low and mean' is not my style.. but how about this Roland Sands treatment:



(more on Bike Exif)
Now THAT is a Bolt I can dig! That exhaust looks SO much better than the stock Yamaha unit. RSD does a lot of bikes that I like. Just add a real seat and I could probably enjoy that one.
__________________
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #1014
DirtHopper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtHopper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: AZ
Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrix View Post
'Low and mean' is not my style.. but how about this Roland Sands treatment:



(more on Bike Exif)
how much is THAT kit
__________________
Witout pavement.....The world would be a better place!
DirtHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #1015
billyvray
Procrastinator
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 121
2014 Yamaha Bolt

May be late to the party but I ain't seen it here....
I'm liking the looks of this, with much potential for mods


__________________
We're gonna need a bigger boat...
billyvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #1016
Glenngineer
Scooty Puff Sr.
 
Glenngineer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: MA
Oddometer: 757
You need a much, much bigger boat.
Glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #1017
B02S4
Aye
 
B02S4's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 1,085


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877462
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #1018
billyvray
Procrastinator
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 121
Nevermind. I suck at this.
__________________
We're gonna need a bigger boat...
billyvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #1019
motrhead
Travellin' Soul
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Castlegar, BC, Canada
Oddometer: 53
When I saw the first pics of the Bolt I was very impressed. I followed this thread for quite a while, and was quite excited when one of the local dealers had a demo day, and I got to ride the Bolt for myself.
My first words when I got off were "This thing is gutless!".
The Yamaha rep turned red and was spitting nails.
"You can't call it gutless! It's 950cc!"
I told him my old FT500 Ascot would probably smoke it. Turns out I may have been right after comparing quarter mile times. LOL.
I got to take it out on a secondary highway, and rode it for a good twenty minutes at up to about 70mph, and I did get plenty of good chances to accelerate through the gears and roll on in the top gears. It actually pulls fine in fifth for the spread of the very narrow torque curve, but dropping a gear or two to accelerate was pretty much pointless. It was better to just roll on the throttle and wait. It *feels* responsive because of the fuel injection, and in the narrow band where it makes power it does ok, but I was really underwhelmed. The digital dash was pretty much useless in sunlight with sunglasses on...I had to try to look below my glasses to read anything.
The left fake valve-cover forced me to splay my left leg out (I'm 5'-9" btw) , and I had to twist my foot to avoid holding the shifter down. If I was buying one I would have to re-position the pegs. The trans was decent, although the throws felt a bit long to me. Handling seemed fine, and the brakes felt good.
It is low and easy to ride, so it is going to be a great beginners bike.
I really wanted to like the bike,being a Yamaha man, but even an ancient XS650 will smoke this thing. It makes my old CX650Honda look like a superbike in comparison.
On the plus side of the demo rides, I really liked the Super Tenere, and liked the FJR1300 even more. There could be an FJR in my future, and before the ride I would never have considered that! LOL
__________________
Not all those who wander are lost...
----------------------------------------------------
motrhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #1020
DirtHopper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtHopper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: AZ
Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrhead View Post
When I saw the first pics of the Bolt I was very impressed. I followed this thread for quite a while, and was quite excited when one of the local dealers had a demo day, and I got to ride the Bolt for myself.
My first words when I got off were "This thing is gutless!".
The Yamaha rep turned red and was spitting nails.
"You can't call it gutless! It's 950cc!"
I told him my old FT500 Ascot would probably smoke it. Turns out I may have been right after comparing quarter mile times. LOL.
I got to take it out on a secondary highway, and rode it for a good twenty minutes at up to about 70mph, and I did get plenty of good chances to accelerate through the gears and roll on in the top gears. It actually pulls fine in fifth for the spread of the very narrow torque curve, but dropping a gear or two to accelerate was pretty much pointless. It was better to just roll on the throttle and wait. It *feels* responsive because of the fuel injection, and in the narrow band where it makes power it does ok, but I was really underwhelmed. The digital dash was pretty much useless in sunlight with sunglasses on...I had to try to look below my glasses to read anything.
The left fake valve-cover forced me to splay my left leg out (I'm 5'-9" btw) , and I had to twist my foot to avoid holding the shifter down. If I was buying one I would have to re-position the pegs. The trans was decent, although the throws felt a bit long to me. Handling seemed fine, and the brakes felt good.
It is low and easy to ride, so it is going to be a great beginners bike.
I really wanted to like the bike,being a Yamaha man, but even an ancient XS650 will smoke this thing. It makes my old CX650Honda look like a superbike in comparison.
On the plus side of the demo rides, I really liked the Super Tenere, and liked the FJR1300 even more. There could be an FJR in my future, and before the ride I would never have considered that! LOL
It's a good thing there are more than one brand and model of motorcycles to please the masses. I would hate to see how angry enthusiasts would be if we all had only one bike to choose from
__________________
Witout pavement.....The world would be a better place!
DirtHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015