Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #1276
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
What length and spec did you get for your 883? Not that I'm considering buying an 883....
I bet if you go up a couple of threads to the one dedicated to the Sportster you'll find a whole lot of shock solutions, not to mention the 48 thread.

Call it a hunch.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #1277
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b

Oddometer: 2,183
Quote:
What length and spec did you get for your 883? Not that I'm considering buying an 883....
I have a "full length" suspension 93 Sportster and ordered the stock 13.5" length.
The springs and damping are well matched to my 180lb weight, but I don't know their rate.
The stock shocks were worse than any in my experience - the Hagons were a huge improvement.
I still need to firm up the front end, as the front is too soft and dives on braking.
HapHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #1278
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by HapHazard View Post
I have a "full length" suspension 93 Sportster and ordered the stock 13.5" length.
The springs and damping are well matched to my 180lb weight, but I don't know their rate.
The stock shocks were worse than any in my experience - the Hagons were a huge improvement.
I still need to firm up the front end, as the front is too soft and dives on braking.

Thanks for that! I can't even begin to face lurking through the 883 threads. I would only start that gargantuan task when/if I become a fully badged Pirate!
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #1279
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b

Quote:
Thanks for that! I can't even begin to face lurking through the 883 threads. I would only start that gargantuan task when/if I become a fully badged Pirate!
You don't have to be a "pirate" to ride a Sportster (or any Harley) - just like you don't have to be a red flannel shirt wearing "hipster" to ride a Bolt.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #1280
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Right. All those cartoon labels are for noobs. Most of the guys with some time on the road or trails tend to like anything with 2 wheels.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #1281
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HapHazard View Post
You don't have to be a "pirate" to ride a Sportster (or any Harley) - just like you don't have to be a red flannel shirt wearing "hipster" to ride a Bolt.

Ya gotta have fun in life, be it wearing the official pirate or flannel uniform. Pirate might edge out the flannel.... I have to admit, I only recently found out about the "pirate" reference to (some) Harley riders. I, personally, find it absolutely hilarious and IF I ever end up riding a Harley I will definitely refer to myself as a "Pirate". Mainly to annoy those crabby old riders!!

kiwi5 screwed with this post 12-12-2013 at 06:44 PM
Old 12-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #1282
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,189
Quote:
Ya gotta have fun in life, be it wearing the official pirate or flannel uniform. Pirate might edge out the flannel.... I have to admit, I only recently found out about the "pirate" reference to (some) Harley riders. I, personally, find it absolutely hilarious and IF I ever end up riding a Harley I will definitely refer to myself as a "Pirate". Mainly to annoy those crabby old riders!!
I pissed off a couple of HD guys one day... I jokingly called my Sportster "Pearl". One guy asked why I named it that. I replied " Because it's black and it's my pirate ship. Arrrrrrgh!! " I thought it was funny. Them? not so much.

Scramster
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #1283
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,630
So has anybody done a long distance ride report on a Bolt yet? If you can ride an '06 Ninja 250 from coast to coast and then to Prudhoe Bay, it should certainly be possible on a Bolt.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #1284
kraven
Hegelian Scum

I agree. It should certainly be feasible. Just a matter of whether or not someone wants to do it, I guess.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #1285
ka5ysy
Doug

Oddometer: 815
Quote:

I just recently discovered someone on one of the boards was referring to BMW riders as "Armadillos" for all the armor we wear

2011 BMW R1200RT
MSF/RidersEdge #127350, NAUI #36288
ka5ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #1286
Tnbrit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Pirates

Are you guys sure about the Pirate description?,a think lot of my fellow Harley riders,look more like the the Guy out of the Village People than a pirate & most of them laugh when i mention it(the ones I know of Course)
Tnbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #1287
norseXL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnbrit View Post
Are you guys sure about the Pirate description?,a think lot of my fellow Harley riders,look more like the the Guy out of the Village People than a pirate & most of them laugh when i mention it(the ones I know of Course)
You mean they dress like Indians or construction workers?
Old 12-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #1288
Tnbrit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseXL View Post
You mean they dress like Indians or construction workers?
How about the guy in the Leather Chaps,Jacket,Cap etc.
Tnbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #1289
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnbrit View Post
How about the guy in the Leather Chaps,Jacket,Cap etc.
Ah! The cowboy!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #1290
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Okay, I take back my comment about getting my pirate uniform!! I would rather be the Armadillo. ;) and --- I do believe this talk of harley pirates has pretty much killed this thread. Back on topic people!

kiwi5 screwed with this post 12-15-2013 at 08:50 PM