Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
rosiethestarfish OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Broken Hill to Cameron's Corner

Hi guys,

I have previosuly posted this in the day trippin section but was told this would likely be more appropriate.

Have been doing a bit of reading on the forums and have found a little info on people's rides from Broken Hill to Cameron's Corner.

I am planning a trip Queens birthday long weekend and will head North from Silverton to Westward Downs, east back to Pack Saddle and then North to Tibooburra and Cameron's. Ill be taking the trusty DR 650 with the missus on the back.

It is difficult to find much info on the road from Silverton to Westward Downs. Has anyone ridden it recently?

Also I am wondering about fuel. I have an Acerbis tank (20L) and combined weight of me and my fiance would be 140kg plus swag and some gear. I know Pack Saddle has petrol does anyone know about Tibooburra and Cameron's?

I know it might seem like a pretty easy trip for most people here but it will be my first serious ride. Any help from you guys would be great
rosiethestarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
PBee

Oddometer: 8,352
So you'd be going thru Hawker Gate, these are little more than Station Tracks with a lot of sand.Varying from hard packed, loose top hard packed base & deep sand.
I haven't been on them for a few years but I doubt they would have changed.

If it's dry ok, wet forget it.

Sorry just re read your post, you'll be coming out at Packsaddle so you will miss a lot of sand.
You should be ok.

Ring the Silverton Pub & ask for conditions north.

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
DustySnow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
I just went through that area last Friday (Silverton past Wilangee & McDougall's Well & areas north). Had just had some rain but roads were not a problem. In fact the rain packed the sand so improved it in short term. We came out on silver city Highway at Milparinka & no dramas from there. Road to Cameron Corner was great. Fuel was available at both Tibooburra & CC
DustySnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:47 AM   #4
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,334
Yep, there is always fuel at Tiboorburra and Cameron's.

Couple of the Tasmanian's did Packsaddle a few years ago when we all left Pooncarrie. They were on V stroms, a 650 and 1000 and they got thru okay but they said they would never need to do it again

We went to Whitecliffs and stayed the night at the pub, then did the dirt from there to Tiboorburra.

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote