Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #46
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussijussi View Post
On second thought, if we add few more letters to that compo, even the Harley riders might join us
Some of them already have:

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #47
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,675
In my case it was a natural progression form a Sport Bike to a Dual Sport Bike. I find the GS to be more than capable in ALOT more places and roads than the Sport Bike ever did. You can only go so fast but you can always explore more of the off the beaten path on a Dual Sport.

Getting away from the crowds is a great feeling and safer to me. Finding un-explored area's and roads less traveled is enough reason for me.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #48
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
In my case it was a natural progression form a Sport Bike to a Dual Sport Bike. I find the GS to be more than capable in ALOT more places and roads than the Sport Bike ever did. You can only go so fast but you can always explore more of the off the beaten path on a Dual Sport.

Getting away from the crowds is a great feeling and safer to me. Finding un-explored area's and roads less traveled is enough reason for me.
With me, the natural progression led me to get rid of that overweight POS GS and get some REAL dual sports. I progress fast, only had the GS for a year. Of course, it kind of came full circle when I picked up a Gixxer 600 a few months ago.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #49
Aj Mick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Nor View Post
I have 200HP, thats not enough
Is my ego to big?
Dunno, but you could be compensating for shortcomings in the prowess or physical department.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #50
gto3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
^^^ nah ,,
more hp = more fun
Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 AM   #51
Wobbleside
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
I went from a Monster to a first gen Multistrada.. next week I'm testing riding a Hyperstrada and Multistrada for my first new vehicle purchase. I have no desire to ride a sport bike every day, I don't own a car and with the way the roads are falling apart around here something with decent suspension (and good travel) with sticky 17" tires makes me very happy. I actually wish there was something in a similar package to the MTS 1200 that traded about 50ish hp for 60-70lbs of weight but kept at least the same torque as my current Multistrada. I don't need or really want a 150hp but everything else that comes with it on the new Multistrada well.. I want it bad.
Wobbleside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #52
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,583
I'll never sell my SV1k, but I'm riding it less as I get older. Not that I'm very old to begin with but as everyone's said, it's just not as fun (legally) as it can be on the street. And it's ergo's and engine characteristics are not nearly as bad as the hyperbikes. Got my DR650 last year and had a blast with friends doing some 8hour+ motorcycle camping. Then I went crazy and got a dirt-sportbike, a 300 2t. That thing is a monster and wants to kill me whenever I ride it offroad, but at least when I'm dead i can only blame myself and not some sorostitute texting in her navigator.

And for some strange reason, I have a lot more confidence tearing up corners on the DR (with knobblies) and the TE300 than I ever have on the SV
SteelJM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #53
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post

And for some strange reason, I have a lot more confidence tearing up corners on the DR (with knobblies) and the TE300 than I ever have on the SV
Most knobbies have more traction on the pavement than most people would expect. My dual sport bikes all run out of ground clearance before the tires run out of traction on the street.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #54
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoBoy View Post
Ya know, this thread iz worthless without pics...

Sorry, when I'm on my dual sport I don't really want to stop to take pictures.

the really fun part about a dual sport is that you can do crazy shit that would get you tossed in jail if you did them on normal roads.

Where else can you broad slide around a corner without concern for cops and cars? Where else could you pull the front end without the same? There's just no one out there looking for you, so it's way more fun and speeds seldom get over 60 mph.

Heck, even the pavement is usually fairly open without traffic since it's usually some county or township road.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote