Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #61
whatscooking OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Thanks to all for their wisdom but i got to say to some of you, get you shorts out of your crack Rachell. I thought this was a GS form but i see some of you guys don't ride your GS very hard. They were on stretched out Busaes, ill take that bet on some curves. I saw them when i was going through a small town as they were fueling up. Here they come, #1 and #2 were hell bent to pass me and the third bike left a gap so lets go. I ride my own ride so if you see some old bastard comming up behind you ill use my signals if it makes you feel any safer.
whatscooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #62
Mudcat
Unregistered

Oddometer: 4,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatscooking View Post
Thanks to all for their wisdom but i got to say to some of you, get you shorts out of your crack Rachell. I thought this was a GS form but i see some of you guys don't ride your GS very hard.

Guy, if riders are coming up behind you let them pass and then if you want get on their tail and pass them. Don’t be a jerk.
BTW the GS forum is GSpot.
Untill I'm ready
Mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #63
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,098
Don't let the replys worry you too much mate, I actully didn't understand what all the commotion was about. In future pass all three of them, don't tell anyone about it though
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #64
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,630
A+

Great thread.

Would absolutely read again.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #65
Mudcat
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussijussi View Post
Don't let the replys worry you too much mate, I actully didn't understand what all the commotion was about. In future pass all three of them, don't tell anyone about it though
Oh, it is really annoying when a slower rider blocks a pass.

He never passed anyone nor stayed with them. All three riders passed him and then were gone apparently. He is not bragging how he stayed on their ass
Untill I'm ready
Old 04-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #66
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,098
The Op was on his own, how narrow are the roads over there, so that a single motorcycle can block an other one coming from behind?
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #67
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,761
Quote:
Thanks to all for their wisdom but i got to say to some of you, get you shorts out of your crack Rachell. I thought this was a GS form but i see some of you guys don't ride your GS very hard. They were on stretched out Busaes, ill take that bet on some curves. I saw them when i was going through a small town as they were fueling up. Here they come, #1 and #2 were hell bent to pass me and the third bike left a gap so lets go. I ride my own ride so if you see some old bastard comming up behind you ill use my signals if it makes you feel any safer.
Oh my, you should have just stayed out of it.

Well first off numbnuts, this ain't a GS "form" (perhaps you meant forum).

Second, you said they were sport bikes. So now you admit they were Busa's, not sport bikes, and then they were stretched which makes them the equivalent of a '60's muscle car when comes to handling. YOU THE MAN!!!

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #68
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,211
Bet i made a sport bike blink.

To the OPs dismay...this thread started in GSpot and was kicked here. Then it went to hell in a hand basket. Oops.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #69
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Omertà[1] (/ɵˈmɛrtə/; Italian pronunciation: [omerˈta]) is a popular cultural attitude and code of honour that places heavy importance on a deep-rooted "code of silence", non-cooperation with authorities, and non-interference in the illegal (and legal) actions of others. It originated and remains very common in Southern Italy where Mafia-type criminal organizations such as the Cosa Nostra, 'Ndrangheta, Sacra Corona Unita, and Camorra are strong. It also exists to a lesser extent in certain Italian-American neighborhoods where the Italian-American Mafia has influence and other Italian ethnic enclaves in countries where there is the presence of Italian organized crime (e.g. Germany, Canada, and Australia).
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #70
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,861
I would ride with the OP any day. I love riding with crazy old fast guys. I follow and watch the action. It usually is exciting.
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #71
Mudcat
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussijussi View Post
The Op was on his own, how narrow are the roads over there, so that a single motorcycle can block an other one coming from behind?
We have all kinds of roads; I have know idea what kind of road the OP was on. Generally you just pull to the right so faster riders can pass safely. Then you can get on their tail and show them how to ride if your ego needs too.
Untill I'm ready
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #72
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
If you really wanted to make a sport bike rider blink you, with your wife on the back, would have caught the sport bikes in the twisties. Then passed them on the outside in a hairpin corner on your way to leaving them in your exhaust. To rub it in you would have stopped at the cafe at the top of the road and had your helmet, gloves and leathers off before they showed up.
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #73
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey View Post

If you really wanted to make a sport bike rider blink at you,

with your wife on the back, have her ride butt-assed nekkid.

Guaranteed double-take.

Fixt.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #74
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,123
Quote:
Oh my god, it just keeps getting better. Not only were you being a douche, now you tell us that these 'sportbikes' that passed you were on stretched 'Busas. Hahaha. You really should have just kept quiet and let this thread die.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #75
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,742
This thread needs titties......so it will be dumped in JM where is belongs...
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote