ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #16
Gremlin9340
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gremlin9340's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: North Portland OR
Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Im sure there will be tons and tons of pics soon. It kinda freaked me out watching the money drain off that thing.. Brake lever, clutch burn.... Not my cup of tea but it its in fun then I condone it
Oh it wasn't that bad!

Made it back at 12:30am a little sore after riding all day. I have a few bruises but spent the day sunday pulling a "Tony" on the bike (that's a 4 hour cleaning and damge assesment) On the ride back the bugs coated every inch that the mud hadn't which was very few spots. Damn that bike was dirty after 2 weekends of riding jeep roads and single track. Break lever, no problem I just have to bend it back. The clutch well my feeling is that it still works fine just smells a little.

That was an absolute freakin fun day (Still pissed about that hill though) Nothing is better than the looks you get from people in the middle of the woods on that GS.
I want pics
I want pics
I want pics

Lessons Learned
1. Stop trying to climb a hill once you see smoke coming from the clutch
2. Don't try climbing moon rocks after you have just fried your clutch
3. Check how deep said mudholes are before riding through (Possible second lesson in this is to follow the other guys around the mudhole)
__________________
Roads are Fun! No Roads are More Fun
Gremlin9340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:35 AM   #17
blm1954
billm
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Oddometer: 11
status

again mucho thanks for all of you allowing the greener than green guy to join in on this amazing event. now if i can just learn to navigate this forum stuff, perhaps i can be a little more timely with my resonses. arrived back at the poor farm yesterday with no issues, other than not knowing exactly where to go riding next.

billm
blm1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #18
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer
 
CascadeThumper's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Oddometer: 309
Well done, Green Hornet. The spirit of Adventure rules at Funny Rocks, largely because of your efforts, and those of your intrepid band of exiles. Until next time: High Ho, Green Hornet.............away!
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #19
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeThumper
Well done, Green Hornet. The spirit of Adventure rules at Funny Rocks, largely because of your efforts, and those of your intrepid band of exiles. Until next time: High Ho, Green Hornet.............away!
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #20
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Some campsite Pics

HERE
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #21
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Luca, didja make it home? We were kinda worried about ya after having ridden so much......



Sorry I missed yer party. Wuz wurkin.
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #22
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer
 
CascadeThumper's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Oddometer: 309
Das....steep, rocky, rutted, slippery, bumpy, gnarly, talcum-powdery....little devil of a hill.
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:06 PM   #23
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
I bet Tony's pics are going to be a hoot ...... Darin and I synchronized-crashing....
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #24
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm1954
again mucho thanks for all of you allowing the greener than green guy to join in on this amazing event. now if i can just learn to navigate this forum stuff, perhaps i can be a little more timely with my resonses. arrived back at the poor farm yesterday with no issues, other than not knowing exactly where to go riding next.

billm
Bill,

nice to meet you and have you along.

Thanks for the fuse. BIG HELP

Enjoy
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:05 PM   #25
Guaglione
Country mice
 
Guaglione's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Petaluma
Oddometer: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Luca, didja make it home? We were kinda worried about ya after having ridden so much......



Sorry I missed yer party. Wuz wurkin.
I did. I ended up going to Yakima for tacos, then back across Hwy 12 and 123 to 410 and home.

I ended up getting really sick when I got home, flu like symptoms, which might have explained why I felt so funky while I was riding.

Next time, next time.....
__________________
2011 KTM990ADVDakar Edition

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:09 PM   #26
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaglione
I did. I ended up going to Yakima for tacos, then back across Hwy 12 and 123 to 410 and home.

I ended up getting really sick when I got home, flu like symptoms, which might have explained why I felt so funky while I was riding.

Next time, next time.....
Maybe it was the tacos from the bus???
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #27
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
First cut of the photos

I've posted the first batch of my photos on smugmug:

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/669509/1

These were my favorites, there are many more to come. I'll try to get some of everyone up soon. It looks like just about everyone can be seen in at least one of these photos. I've also got a couple of panoramas to stitch together and the T-shirt graphic to make. I can't wait to go riding again. Somebody start planning the First Fall... Please!
__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:21 PM   #28
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
USed PIAA's

A slighted used, bent, cracked left PIAA up for grabs.

It saved the beast from any damage.

I smear of Elk poop on it with no extra charge.
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #29
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
I've posted the first batch of my photos on smugmug:

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/669509/1

These were my favorites, there are many more to come. I'll try to get some of everyone up soon. It looks like just about everyone can be seen in at least one of these photos. I've also got a couple of panoramas to stitch together and the T-shirt graphic to make. I can't wait to go riding again. Somebody start planning the First Fall... Please!
Excellent photo's. Can I put in a request for individuals pic's to be e-mailed?

Thanks Lacey
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #30
Guaglione
Country mice
 
Guaglione's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Petaluma
Oddometer: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
Maybe it was the tacos from the bus???
Nah, it felt more like a combo of dehydration and exhaustion from work.

The tacos were so good. Five little handfuls of beefity goodness.
__________________
2011 KTM990ADVDakar Edition

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014