Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
nickgoa OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Newb Question: Is BMW System 6 EVO just a rebadged Schuberth C3 Pro?

http://showroom.bmw-motorrad.com/is-...8AAAE91WAU5Kt0

I have the ability to get it as a gift from my dealer and wanted to make sure...

Can you please specify differences if any from previous rebadges...

Thanks

N
nickgoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
nickgoa OP
Adventurer

I find it hard to believe nobody knows.... unless you're all out riding :)

N
Old 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
TorontoBrit
TorontoBrit

Oddometer: 302
I tried on both helmets at my BMW dealer recently, and I can say they are definitely different helmets. I should clarify I tried on a System 6, not sure what the difference is with the EVO. The Schuberth C3 Pro was very disappointing, in that it didn't fit my head shape (shoei, Arai) at all, and the chin bar was wayyyyy too close. The BMW System 6 fit great, so I bought it.

Two problems with it: the peripheral is cut off as the eye port is smaller than my Multitec or my Hornet. So much so I thought it was a hazard in traffic, could be I was all bundled up for the cold so turning my head was a bit restricted, that and I found it sat too far down on my forehead so it was pushing my eyebrows down. On the highway the turbulence behind my large windshield caused a vibration in the helmet, so much so I had trouble seeing straight for a couple hours after a 20 minute commute on the highway. It could be because it was so far down on the forehead it was shaking my right eye a bit....

Fortunately my dealer took it back, so I ended up with neither.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #4
nickgoa OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoBrit View Post
I tried on both helmets at my BMW dealer recently, and I can say they are definitely different helmets. I should clarify I tried on a System 6, not sure what the difference is with the EVO. The Schuberth C3 Pro was very disappointing, in that it didn't fit my head shape (shoei, Arai) at all, and the chin bar was wayyyyy too close. The BMW System 6 fit great, so I bought it.

Two problems with it: the peripheral is cut off as the eye port is smaller than my Multitec or my Hornet. So much so I thought it was a hazard in traffic, could be I was all bundled up for the cold so turning my head was a bit restricted, that and I found it sat too far down on my forehead so it was pushing my eyebrows down. On the highway the turbulence behind my large windshield caused a vibration in the helmet, so much so I had trouble seeing straight for a couple hours after a 20 minute commute on the highway. It could be because it was so far down on the forehead it was shaking my right eye a bit....

Fortunately my dealer took it back, so I ended up with neither.

Thanks for the reply... from what I've read so far the EVO is different and has addressed issues with the old System 6.

You mention fit... if you had to describe your head...would you fit a oval or round head category? from my research I've seen some manufacturers fit oval heads better than round... I'm definitely round headed...

May you also share what you ended up with?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
TorontoBrit
TorontoBrit

Oddometer: 302
I fit Shoei really well, and Arai as well, so intermediate oval????
I went in to buy the Schuberth C3 Pro, and was disapointed it didn't fit. I tried the previous model and it pressed on my forehead, but fit everywhere else. The C3 Pro just felt too round, and didn't really fit at all. The BMW System 6 fit really well. other than a low upper eye port, and closed in sides that reduced your peripheral vision....

For now I am sticking with my well worn Multitec, and Hornet. I am waiting for Tobinators to arrive so I can adjust my windshield before trying on any more helmets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgoa View Post
Thanks for the reply... from what I've read so far the EVO is different and has addressed issues with the old System 6.

You mention fit... if you had to describe your head...would you fit a oval or round head category? from my research I've seen some manufacturers fit oval heads better than round... I'm definitely round headed...

May you also share what you ended up with?