User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
BajaBlake OP
Meltin in the desert

Oddometer: 47
Beta Bikes?

I saw a Beta 50 cc enduro bike on craigslist and now I'm curious about the brand.

I thought some of the trials guys might know more.
What is the purpose of a 50 cc enduro? I get that it's light but is there something else I should know about that fireball KTM 50cc engine?

Their bikes look fun and I've been thinking of down?grading (cc-wise) to a trials bike (I noticed a Beta dealer is around) to bop around as a funny daily ride. I'm used to riding funny small bikes street legally and in the regular lane of travel if you're wondering.

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaBlake View Post
I saw a Beta 50 cc enduro bike on craigslist and now I'm curious about the brand.

I thought some of the trials guys might know more.
What is the purpose of a 50 cc enduro? I get that it's light but is there something else I should know about that fireball KTM 50cc engine?

Their bikes look fun and I've been thinking of down?grading (cc-wise) to a trials bike (I noticed a Beta dealer is around) to bop around as a funny daily ride. I'm used to riding funny small bikes street legally and in the regular lane of travel if you're wondering.

Thanks.
Now you know, I'm just speculating, never seen the bike...

Id have to see such a link. I am not interested in buying, but unless it from the 60's then it about has to be a childrens enduro bike, along the lines of the 80cc yamaha's. IT is wierd, because gasgas made a trials bike with 80cc engine that was as big as the 250's and 300's at that time, just dinky engine. Unknown why that was, except maybe since big tires go over rocks and easier to buy new rubber for?

Also note, i have constantly read, that in many countries in the UK, they get taxed per cubic centimeters (aka cc's) plus the law is, that nobody under 18 is allowed to ride anything bigger than a 125.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Irish John
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Sting is right, it's to comply with the graduated license criteria in many Euro countries. They have similar restrictions in Japan and Taiwan.
Irish John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I am not interested in buying, but unless it from the 60's then it about has to be a childrens enduro bike, along the lines of the 80cc yamaha's.
Here is one example of a Beta 50cc enduro.