Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #91
thebugslayer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Just placed my order after weeks of hemming and hawing. Getting everything I would need (aka the bundle) with one order AND the discount made buying from GPS City a no-brainer.

Thank you G
thebugslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #92
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
350lm?

Any discount chance on a garmin zumo 350lm?
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #93
darkstarmoto
Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarmoto View Post
Shoot...didn't see this thread till now. Can discount be applied to an order that's still waiting on a back ordered item?
Got the hook up and excellent customer service!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #94
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
350 accept Tyre maps

GPS city is checking for me, but maybe someone on here already knows- Can you transfer maps from Tyre to the 350lm, or for that matter to the Montana, or Oregon? I'm still trying to make up my mind
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #95
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,422
Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebugslayer View Post
Just placed my order after weeks of hemming and hawing. Getting everything I would need (aka the bundle) with one order AND the discount made buying from GPS City a no-brainer.

Thank you G
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #96
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxbike View Post
Any discount chance on a garmin zumo 350lm?
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #97
nailit2em
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
I've been ordering from GPScity for years

You were/are my first choice when I need stuff for mounting and other GPS stuff. I've ordered stuff for my GS, Harley, ATV, mountain bike from you in the past and have always been very happy!! Glad I stumbled on this thread!!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #98
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Hi all! I've been away for a week but I'm back and ready to keep going

I've set up a coupon code for the GPS units that I've gotten common requests for, but I'd prefer they not be posted out in the open so that lurkers won't take advantage of them. They really should be reserved for ADVrider members.

At the same time, I want to avoid violating the "PM me for a discount" issue, as I believe it's expressly prohibited. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get the word out?

G
GPSCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #99
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,608
I believe other vendors use a PM for a discount code. Could PM GB to find out.

If you don't want the piss taken, stop giving it away!
Chop Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #100
Trail Runner

Oddometer: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post

I've set up a coupon code for the GPS units that I've gotten common requests for, but I'd prefer they not be posted out in the open so that lurkers won't take advantage of them. They really should be reserved for ADVrider members.

At the same time, I want to avoid violating the "PM me for a discount" issue, as I believe it's expressly prohibited. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get the word out?

G
Start by answering your pm's?
10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #101
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 16,271
Just a word of caution, if you ask GPS City to price match on a product that they are offering free overnight shipping they will make you pay for the shipping instead of honoring their offer of free over night shipping.

I got caught up in this when ordering a Garmin 665 to replace the 2 units I had sold before a planned trip. I accept some responsibility in that I sold the 2 units I had so I could order the new unit from GPS City prior to me trip. They were offering free over night shipping on the unit and price matching, right up until I ordered the unit. That is when I received an email (no phone call, but an email) from them says that my GPS would not ship over night unless I agreed to pay an extra $38 for my free shipping. After numerous phone calls and emails I paid the shipping as I needed the GPS delivered.

Have always received outstanding customer service from GPS City right up until this order.

They did not even offer to split the shipping with me. They have lost a loyal and frequent customer over $30.. I know that is silly and trite but I am the customer...

Hawk screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 08:29 PM
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #102
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,224
Would you have felt better if they stated it as "included" overnight shipping. Overnight shipping is never free, and they can't stay in business providing the outstanding customer service that they do by taking a loss.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #103
NCGS
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post

G
To keep you out of hot water, I suppose a solution would be for a potential buyer to PM you with his ph#, then you call him to discuss the purchase, and to pass the buyer a coupon code.

I'm ready to buy.. so if that works for you, let me know.

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many.
NCGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #104
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

I'm sorry to hear about this exchange- Can you PM me an email address or something I can use to reference this issue? This is the first I've heard of it, and I am the person who approves all price matches. I'll speak to our reps to avoid this in the future.

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Just a word of caution, if you ask GPS City to price match on a product that they are offering free overnight shipping they will make you pay for the shipping instead of honoring their offer of free over night shipping.

I got caught up in this when ordering a Garmin 665 to replace the 2 units I had sold before a planned trip. I accept some responsibility in that I sold the 2 units I had so I could order the new unit from GPS City prior to me trip. They were offering free over night shipping on the unit and price matching, right up until I ordered the unit. That is when I received an email (no phone call, but an email) from them says that my GPS would not ship over night unless I agreed to pay an extra $38 for my free shipping. After numerous phone calls and emails I paid the shipping as I needed the GPS delivered.

Have always received outstanding customer service from GPS City right up until this order.

They did not even offer to split the shipping with me. They have lost a loyal and frequent customer over $38.. I know that is silly and trite but I am the customer...
Old 06-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #105
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

I've asked a rep to put together some options for you last week; would you prefer they be PMed over or do you want someone to reach out to you by phone? Thanks!

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10K View Post
Start by answering your pm's?