Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
stinkyrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Knights ferry dual sport ride

KNIGHTS FERRY DUAL SPORT RIDE

Wow, it's hard to believe, (or easy depending on your point of view), that California is having another early spring/extended summer. But I will say, it's glorious watching the foothills change color this last year. Usually we are soaked with water by now, and the land would be waxing green, not waning golden flecks of brown. But hey?!? who's complaining?? Certainly not me.

The Nights Ferry route that Mark put together was the perfect mix for a brisk pace through the foothills. and oddly enough, there was plenty of water, with some good views of Lake Camanche, Pardee, New hogan, Salt Springs, Tulloch reservoir, and of course, the Nights Ferry landing.

Lunch in Knights Ferry was excellent as usual. Then we headed off north for the trek back home, which seemed a little longer because we stopped less. However we took a different route back and it was as much fun as the way down. I know we did over 200 miles on this one, and it was great meeting some new and interesting riders as well.

I think the best part of the ride is when we got back to folsom cycle, the owner had a full fridge of beer that he solemnly surrendered to us. Never even put up a fight. I think the poor guy even bought us breakfast too.
Man I love that guy. That was a lot of fun.

more pics here
http://sna-joe.smugmug.com/SierraNev...7840347_t2Tp3N
videos in a day or two....
Thank you and good night
stinkyrider is offline   Reply With Quote