ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #76
McCormack
eltiT resU motsuC
 
McCormack's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: NH
Oddometer: 7,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesesso View Post
Well, at least Ken is going to use that truck for what it was made for: heavy towing.

Not like all the people around here with diesel and dually axle with giant smokestacks sticking up from the bed belching smoke.
McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #77
rapidoxidationman
Easily trainable
 
rapidoxidationman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: The Teton Rockies
Oddometer: 8,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesesso View Post
That truck either has serious injector issues or the truck's owner has serious ego issues. I can't force my '05 DMax to smoke like that.

The makers of overfueling products like Edge, Banks, etc. are beginning to catch the eye of the EPA. Seems these companies are disabling the mandated pollution control systems.
http://www.epa.gov/enforcement/air/c...eproducts.html
How long until they come after the consumer?
__________________
Quote:
Patrick:
I know I'm feeling badly when I have no interest in speeding
rapidoxidationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #78
McCormack
eltiT resU motsuC
 
McCormack's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: NH
Oddometer: 7,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post
That truck either has serious injector issues or the truck's owner has serious ego issues. I can't force my '05 DMax to smoke like that.

The makers of overfueling products like Edge, Banks, etc. are beginning to catch the eye of the EPA. Seems these companies are disabling the mandated pollution control systems.
http://www.epa.gov/enforcement/air/c...eproducts.html
How long until they come after the consumer?
Soon, I hope.
McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #79
McCormack
eltiT resU motsuC
 
McCormack's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: NH
Oddometer: 7,053
Hey Ken,

Please post some pics of the cabin of that boat, too. Let's see what that Diesel is towing!
McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #80
dwayne
Silly Adventurer
 
dwayne's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: wheelie in purgatory, Calgary
Oddometer: 3,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesesso View Post
I get that, but WTH was the rest of that about? I didn't follow it at all.
__________________
Rum Runners Yukon, NWT & Alaska
Roads and Ruins Scotland
Kinbasket Lake Golden B.C.

A "Day" of Dirt Biking Rockies East Slopes
High and Dry Colorado and Utah


"When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"
dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #81
ivel_86
Oops
 
ivel_86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Thumbilly MI
Oddometer: 821
My '93 stock cummins would haze a bit. A well tuned truck will haze. Pouring out mega smoke is a waste, but my 2000 cummins will barley haze when I a pulling very heavy and I have an edge programmer and lot of other things done to my truck and it still doesn't pour black smoke out the tail pipe. Anyways point of it is lots of guys purposely make their trucks dump black smoke out the pipes idiots. I don't however think that adding mpg and horsepower is dumb.



Edit: this is of course my opinion.
__________________
Did some stuffs and saw some things.
ivel_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #82
ysr612
Beastly Adventurer
 
ysr612's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Beaumont, texas
Oddometer: 9,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivel_86 View Post
My '93 stock cummins would haze a bit. A well tuned truck will haze. Pouring out mega smoke is a waste, but my 2000 cummins will barley haze when I a pulling very heavy and I have an edge programmer and lot of other things done to my truck and it still doesn't pour black smoke out the tail pipe. Anyways point of it is lots of guys purposely make their trucks dump black smoke out the pipes idiots. I don't however think that adding mpg and horsepower is dumb.



Edit: this is of course my opinion.
my f350 and the wifes f250 will put out a solid black smoke screen if I stand on the pedal of either one before they have come up to a working RPM. However the 350 will get a good solid 18 mpg on the road while getting 14mpg pulling 5 tons from New Mexico to Wisconsin. the 250 will get over 24 so I can't feel bad about being able to put out a smoke screen if I try.
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #83
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCormack View Post
Hey Ken,

Please post some pics of the cabin of that boat, too. Let's see what that Diesel is towing!
Here's the back. I don't have any of the interior but I'll get some pics next week.

__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #84
ivel_86
Oops
 
ivel_86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Thumbilly MI
Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr612 View Post
my f350 and the wifes f250 will put out a solid black smoke screen if I stand on the pedal of either one before they have come up to a working RPM. However the 350 will get a good solid 18 mpg on the road while getting 14mpg pulling 5 tons from New Mexico to Wisconsin. the 250 will get over 24 so I can't feel bad about being able to put out a smoke screen if I try.
What year? 7.3? Have anything done to them or all stock? Kinda thread jacking sorry
__________________
Did some stuffs and saw some things.
ivel_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #85
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr612 View Post
my f350 and the wifes f250 will put out a solid black smoke screen if I stand on the pedal of either one before they have come up to a working RPM. However the 350 will get a good solid 18 mpg on the road while getting 14mpg pulling 5 tons from New Mexico to Wisconsin. the 250 will get over 24 so I can't feel bad about being able to put out a smoke screen if I try.

I'm getting about 19.5 on the hwy and 12.5 pulling 6k. I've got the 6.6 turbo . 24 is incredible!!
__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #86
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
FORD F250 with 6.0 PS DIESEL is actually a good truck. And you can find one for $11k with crew cab, that has under 90k miles..... Shit, I'd even take the 6.4 at this point.

I am looking to buy a new truck -- need space -- crew cab is the way to go. I am looking for circa 200 7.3 PS or the 6.0PS.. hoping to spend under $10k with my trade.
I just bought a 99 crew cab long bed for $10k with less than 62K miles on it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Didn't take me long to sort out the derpapotomous tactic again.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #87
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
I just bought a 99 crew cab long bed for $10k with less than 62K miles on it.
That is a steal.
__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #88
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///
 
Hayduke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Salida, coloRADo
Oddometer: 43,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr612 View Post
my f350 and the wifes f250 will put out a solid black smoke screen if I stand on the pedal of either one before they have come up to a working RPM. However the 350 will get a good solid 18 mpg on the road while getting 14mpg pulling 5 tons from New Mexico to Wisconsin. the 250 will get over 24 so I can't feel bad about being able to put out a smoke screen if I try.
My 7.3 will put out quite a bit of smoke if it's under a heavy load or lugging, too. It does it more at higher altitude. I think that's just how these older diesels are. I get around 20 mpg though (sometimes more), for a big E350 truck that will tow/haul anything, so I don't feel too bad.
__________________
"What these people need is some mental psychology."-Bonnie Abbzug

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #89
Anorak
Woolf Barnato
 
Anorak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: OAK
Oddometer: 33,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post
That truck either has serious injector issues or the truck's owner has serious ego issues. I can't force my '05 DMax to smoke like that.

The makers of overfueling products like Edge, Banks, etc. are beginning to catch the eye of the EPA. Seems these companies are disabling the mandated pollution control systems.
http://www.epa.gov/enforcement/air/c...eproducts.html
How long until they come after the consumer?
Not Gale Banks. He knows how to tune without smoke.

There is tire smoke, though.
__________________
'Gonna get me a six pack...push people off the highway!'

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #90
troidus
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 13,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
I get that, but WTH was the rest of that about? I didn't follow it at all.
He must've lost a girl to a dude with a Cummins. Or the local asshats smoke him out when he's on his scoot.
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014