Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #16
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I have a '90 Elite 250. Compared to an '87 Elite, this one is much slower on takeoff. This I've verified at a drag strip which gives you 0-60 foot times as well as other data. Trying to get the '90 model to accelerate better I removed 2 of the six rollers. That helped but still not as fast as the '87. Not wanting to run with only 4 of the 6 rollers in place, I've drilled out all the rollers and went back to using 6. With only 4 rollers I had reduced the total weight by 33.3%. I only took out a small amount of metal by drilling and reduced total weight by 9%. I'm satisfied with the way it now runs that I will leave it alone. Not nearly as fast as the '87 but it did eliminate a bog at about 25MPH. I've changed roller in several scooters and haven't yet seen any that couldn't just be drilled out instead of buying new after market ones. Something to consider.
Anyone know why the '87's are so much faster than the '90's? One thing, I don't know if the '87 I had was completely stock or not, never did take it apart to see. Of the 10 scooters I've owned from 125 to 500cc, that '87 Elite was by far the quickest on takeoff.
hmmm .. got both 85 and 90 Elite 250 .. both accelerate about the same, pretty peppy .. plenty fast enough to accelerate hard, to get in front of traffic into a clear zone.

90 Elite has high performance rollers and kevlar belt installed. which strangely enough after I installed couldn't tell much, if any performance increase.

85 Elite 250 feels more nimble, 90 Elite feels more stable at speed with higher top end. which I suspect is due to sleeker body.
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #17
Qaz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
The best performance gains and cheapest is for you to loose weight. Even 10-20 pounds will make a noticable difference. Scooters are a balanceing act, if you gain top speed, you lose acceleration, and vice versa. It is hard to beat the factory for all around good performance.
Qaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #18
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
Id be interested in the model # of the shocks you used Krusty. Sounds a lot like what I need to do.
They were from a CF Moto Glory 150 (CF150T-6). Usually, there's a lot of cross branding with Chinese scooters- lots of different model names for basically the same scooter. As far as I can tell, this model has only one name.

If you want to pay a little more, there's a guy in Minnesota who modifies new YSS shocks. He has lots of CH250 parts. http://ch250dude.com/ch250-parts.html?m

Sorry for the thread jack...

Krusty ... screwed with this post 05-03-2013 at 06:32 AM
Krusty ... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
honda_dood86 OP
dood

Oddometer: 17
I think I'm gonna get a pair of those shocks from ch250 dude you cant go wrong with an upgrade like that. Also go my variator all clead up grease free and back together got my new clutch shoes installed and the drive face regreased and back together and a new belt all installed waiting for my new back tire to come in before I put the muffler back on and get it totally back together. I am so excited to do this first ride on my new ch250 I vought it and haven't even got to ride it yet can't wait probably be tuesday or wendsday I will post again and tell everyone how it went thanx for the help to everybody on here.
honda_dood86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
Slickvic
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dood86 View Post
I think I'm gonna get a pair of those shocks from ch250 dude you cant go wrong with an upgrade like that.
I bought a pair of those rear shocks from him for my 1986 CH250. These are great quality shocks!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
Wentwest
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Better rear shocks, decent tires with 32 pounds of air in them, Dr. Pulley sliders or stock style rollers with no flat spots, a very simple valve adjustment and you should have a great scooter. If you get sudden cutting out, it's the old CDI, and you can buy a new one from Scrappy Dog.

An absolutely super scooter!
Wentwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
honda_dood86 OP
dood

Still putting back together, man that air breather is a pain to get up in there all buttoned up real tight with all hoses and boots tight and screwed down. Gonna throw a paintjob on the muffler and finish putting air cleaner on and hopefully be riding tomorrow. Im gonna run 20w50w in the engine does anyone else run that?

honda_dood86 screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 08:20 PM
Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #23
honda_dood86 OP
dood

Well got it back together, the clutch made a chattering sound I put new clutch shoes and springs and cleaned and regreased drive face put it all back together and the clutch bell made chattering noise so I took bell off and started it with open clutch shoes and it made no noise so I dont know any suggestions? Is it normal or what?

honda_dood86 screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 08:19 PM
Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
honda_dood86 OP
dood

She doesn't wanna jus start right up and idle, have to keep turnng over for it to finally start then it runs like it has no power with the throttle wide open